08 Civic SI

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
happy b-day
Old 02-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Go Brewers!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Hey, happy birthday! Hope it was good!
Just sent you a PM along with the payment! Cant wait to get it and put it on!

4) Thank again!!

If you need anything else, feel free to let me know! thank you, take your time! It'll look great on my TL!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:22 AM
COTM Coordinator

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
happy belated bday, cant wait for it to come..... thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy Bday man, and thanks again. I repainted my shift cover with OEM paint and put a couple of coats of clear on the indicator. It looks great.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:06 AM
3.2TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it was my bday the 11th, I should get the shift indicator for free
Old 02-12-2007, 01:51 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraDreamin
hey jonathon, speaking for myself...dont even worry about it, for the price you are selling these things and the excitement it is making for all of us....im willing to wait, and happy birthday by the way!
LOL Igor you got everyone to say happyBday to me now... geez! thanks everybody!!

Originally Posted by ThreePointTwoTeeEl
it was my bday the 11th, I should get the shift indicator for free
cooool happy 19th to you Daniel! well, its coming in the mail now so think of it as a late bday gift

important:
btw, very short notice but I'll be stopping production of the indicators after this batch.
I can take TWO (maybe 3) more whites and only ONE more blue...

this is already taking into consideration the members who are interested and contact me already: 1) importvizion who wants to pick it up in person but hasnt finalized his order, 2) but not bdubfosho because I am unsure which color he wants.
Bottomline: if bdubfosho wants the last blue, then only whites are left!

Reason: I just did a quick count of my remaining LED's and realized i've been selling em like hotcakes! That plus the fact that school is starting soon again + new business venture - only got 24 hrs in a day. It's been fun setting up this GB and getting everyone on it~! Thanks for your understanding
Old 02-12-2007, 04:23 PM
COTM Coordinator

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
completely understand, i hope you were able to make a small fortune off of your great idea. Good job, and thanks again.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Racer

can I still get one since I already paid or am I too late? I'll take a white LED if you end up not having any blues left
Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 PM
woooo!!

Originally Posted by MurkyRiversTL
completely understand, i hope you were able to make a small fortune off of your great idea. Good job, and thanks again.
Certainly not bad considering it was kinda fun + gaining the experience as an online forum vendor.

Originally Posted by speedbawlinTL
can I still get one since I already paid or am I too late? I'll take a white LED if you end up not having any blues left
I have ONE last white LED left... but for now I want to keep it just in case one of you guys' bulb is DOA / lost in mail. So if you don't mind waiting, give me about ~3 weeks to make sure everything goes through before sending that 1 to ya. It'd still be $2.5 incld. shipping. Let me know how you like that.

the last orders came in faster than I thought... here is the semi-finalized list for the 4th batch. if importvizion confrims for the white LED then we are done!

FOURTH BATCH:

BLUE
speedbawlinTL (Sigurds), 5spd
carlitin1988 (Carlos), 4spd
truexh (Hoang), 5spd

WHITE
jstahnke10 (Jason), 5spd
bdubfosho (Brandon), 5spd
importvizion, 5spd, [waiting on confrimation]

WHITE & BLUE
LacViet (Huy), 5spd
TimeForSleeep (Tim), 5spd
mmmmmbarb (Benjamin), 5spd [waiting on payment]

INDICATOR ONLY
wside09 (Sung), 5spd
Old 02-12-2007, 08:54 PM
UB6IB9

any kits left?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Instructor

glad to see im on the list, thanks jonathan
Old 02-13-2007, 02:27 AM
woooo!!

Originally Posted by carlitin1988
glad to see im on the list, thanks jonathan
u betcha.

UPDATE:
ok guys, importvizon just PMed me and confrimed the order for the last indicator set from this GB... sorry, no more orders will be taken from now on!!
Old 02-13-2007, 10:42 AM
TLingggggggg

Great job with all the shift gates and all the mods that a creative mind can think of. Haha ya kind of inspired me go run out and try this mod myself and it was fun, I've tried making the shift gate in all sort of ways and even taping the letters inverted so I can paint the back and the front would be on the glossy side but maybe it was the type of paint I bought that wasnt so good. I got it at autozone, which was only 2 50 and it was a high gloss all purpose spray paint. I might just go try that again and buy a different type of paint.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Go Brewers!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by subtledreamer
Certainly not bad considering it was kinda fun + gaining the experience as an online forum vendor.
Glad you got some experience entrepreneuring as a forum vendor! Many of us, including myself, have taken advantage and thank you for putting your time into our cars! Thank you again! can't wait to get mine and put it in!
Old 02-14-2007, 12:37 AM
B A N N E D

wow. i dont believe it. so that "spit in the soup" really came into effect. did you mess up mine on purpose or did everyone else's shift indicator came out as poor as mine did. uneven cuts, paint inside lettering. crooked letters. im pissed man. let me get a refund please. ill send these back this weekend and expect full refund. ill pay for the 34 cents it cost you to ship these. i still dont believe this man. anyone want to buy mine, feel free to PM me.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:37 AM
291hp & 245 tq @ 3.5psi

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FOURTH BATCH:

BLUE
speedbawlinTL (Sigurds), 5spd
carlitin1988 (Carlos), 4spd
truexh (Hoang), 5spd

WHITE
jstahnke10 (Jason), 5spd
bdubfosho (Brandon), 5spd
importvizion, 5spd, [waiting on confrimation]

WHITE & BLUE
LacViet (Huy), 5spd
TimeForSleeep (Tim), 5spd
mmmmmbarb (Benjamin), 5spd [waiting on payment]

INDICATOR ONLY
wside09 (Sung), 5spd
Thanks Jon for adding me to the list.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:14 PM
woooo!!

Originally Posted by AcuraBuddy
Great job with all the shift gates and all the mods that a creative mind can think of. Haha ya kind of inspired me go run out and try this mod myself and it was fun, I've tried making the shift gate in all sort of ways and even taping the letters inverted so I can paint the back and the front would be on the glossy side but maybe it was the type of paint I bought that wasnt so good. I got it at autozone, which was only 2 50 and it was a high gloss all purpose spray paint. I might just go try that again and buy a different type of paint.
Hey if you put together something nice & reasonably priced, you can count on my interest on that groupbuy too!!

Originally Posted by jstahnke10
Glad you got some experience entrepreneuring as a forum vendor! Many of us, including myself, have taken advantage and thank you for putting your time into our cars! Thank you again! can't wait to get mine and put it in!
Thanks for the kind words Jason... I hope it won't disappoint. Let me know if you run into any problems w/ it~!

Originally Posted by LacViet
Thanks Jon for adding me to the list.
No prob, just doing my part~ btw you've got PM
Old 02-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Racer

If you had a high quality scanner with photoshop and a colour laser printer, you can try what I did the other day....

Old 02-14-2007, 06:43 PM
woooo!!

Originally Posted by vzuptnguyen
wow. i dont believe it. so that "spit in the soup" really came into effect. did you mess up mine on purpose or did everyone else's shift indicator came out as poor as mine did. uneven cuts, paint inside lettering. crooked letters. im pissed man. let me get a refund please. ill send these back this weekend and expect full refund. ill pay for the 34 cents it cost you to ship these. i still dont believe this man. anyone want to buy mine, feel free to PM me.
Tam,
I love how you posted a normal message about how disappointed you are with the indicator and ask nicely for a refund, and IMMEDIATELY send me a hateful PM about it again.

Let me tell you something, you overreacting and immature brat, I am not going to try to convince you that I messed yours up on purpose. I'll simply tell you I didn't. It could be shipping damages or the fact that there was overspray on that set, in which case is my fault and I shall apologize for that. Ask ANYONE who has purchased & received a set from me that has had a problem. When asked for a solution or exchange - I can guarantee that they'll say I dealt with them in an effective, fair manner. Your anger and use of obnoxious words will not in ANY way alleviate the situation - I would have been MORE than happy to give you a full refund on the indicator if you had showed me a picture of really how bad it is & simply said something along the lines of "there are scratches, paint chips, and non-aligned letters. not satisfied, please issue refund." And guess what, this does not only apply to this particular scenario but in ANY aspects of everyday life. I am not going to make any assumations about your background nor upbringing, but I will say, in my honest opinion as well as from how you have dealt with me, that you have a LOT of growing up to do. It might be hard for your to swallow my lecture to you especially since you are mad already & I'm only 3 years your senior, but believe me, if you take my advice and soften up a bit as well as increase your level of understanding & awareness of yourself AND those around you, the world will just seem a better place.

Now, the refund issue. Do take a picture of the indicator and if it truly is as bad as you described it to be, gladly give you the $17.5 back. Keep the indicator & LED if that does happen, I have no need for it. If you just want to send everything back, I'll refund you the full $20, thank you.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Instructor

I can say that Jonathan was great handling my purchase. When I received my indicator, the blue LED was missing. I sent him a PM and he promptly mailed me the LED. Yes, you can tell the indicator is homemade if you really look at it closely, but from the driver's seat is perfect, but it's not crap as vzuptnguyen makes it seem.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:27 PM
TLingggggggg

Nice job on that Ontairio first of all and is it just me or is that P alittle orangy? haha maybe Im just seeing different colors. Now on Subtle's situation with Vzuptnguyen, I dont believe he would screw up your indicator on purpose because it isnt worth his time to even pinpoint out one and screw it up. My indicator didnt even come out perfect with uneven cuts and the letters werent all perfectly done but I dont really mind because I know he is doing it in mass production and it is a biatch to cut it and also perfectly peal the sticker off nicely. Give it a try and you will know how time consuming it is to make these. I made quite a few but chucked most of them out cuz I couldnt get the paint to smoothly go on without these little small particles and that is probably because the high gloss paint I bought plus little particles getting onto the indicator when it was drying. Me personally I just decided to go back to my regular shift gate indicator because I figured since my whole dash and instrument cluster was like greenish and the shiftgate just stood out too much unless I did the LED conversion it wouldnt look right. So in the end Subtledream did a great job and cut a nice profit out of it and it shows what a creative mind can do
Old 02-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Racer

Nice job on that Ontairio first of all and is it just me or is that P alittle orangy? haha maybe Im just seeing different colors.
Its just the camera playing tricks again...its a deep red.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:17 AM
02 WDP type-S Navi

hey ontario is it just me or is ur seat heater buttons also blue? are the led's plug in wedge bulbs or do they have to be soldered?
Old 02-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by importvizion
hey ontario is it just me or is ur seat heater buttons also blue? are the led's plug in wedge bulbs or do they have to be soldered?
Soldered. None of my LED's are plug in. All custom work.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:07 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tam,
I love how you posted a normal message about how disappointed you are with the indicator and ask nicely for a refund, and IMMEDIATELY send me a hateful PM about it again.

Let me tell you something, you overreacting and immature brat, I am not going to try to convince you that I messed yours up on purpose. I'll simply tell you I didn't. It could be shipping damages or the fact that there was overspray on that set, in which case is my fault and I shall apologize for that. Ask ANYONE who has purchased & received a set from me that has had a problem. When asked for a solution or exchange - I can guarantee that they'll say I dealt with them in an effective, fair manner. Your anger and use of obnoxious words will not in ANY way alleviate the situation - I would have been MORE than happy to give you a full refund on the indicator if you had showed me a picture of really how bad it is & simply said something along the lines of "there are scratches, paint chips, and non-aligned letters. not satisfied, please issue refund." And guess what, this does not only apply to this particular scenario but in ANY aspects of everyday life. I am not going to make any assumations about your background nor upbringing, but I will say, in my honest opinion as well as from how you have dealt with me, that you have a LOT of growing up to do. It might be hard for your to swallow my lecture to you especially since you are mad already & I'm only 3 years your senior, but believe me, if you take my advice and soften up a bit as well as increase your level of understanding & awareness of yourself AND those around you, the world will just seem a better place.

Now, the refund issue. Do take a picture of the indicator and if it truly is as bad as you described it to be, gladly give you the $17.5 back. Keep the indicator & LED if that does happen, I have no need for it. If you just want to send everything back, I'll refund you the full $20, thank you.
Class response to a classless post and PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:44 PM
2000 Acura TL

Hey Jonathon, just wanted to let you know i just got the package and it looks freakin awesome.....if it wasnt for this stupid ochem test i have at 730 this baby would be in already! I can wait , will post pics of the shiftgate wit my in dash blue leds
Old 02-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Instructor

OK!!!! So who's gonna sell me one if I buy this 2nd gen??!!
Old 02-15-2007, 05:32 PM
TLingggggggg

I can sell you one if you want. If you want you can also check the DIY section for this because it isnt too hard to do it yourself.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:21 PM
2000 Acura TL

hey jonathon i just noticed that i only got one led, i think its the white one and i ordered both white and blue. Are you sending another one in a different envelope since i paid separately or did you just forget to send both, b/c im pretty sure it didnt fall out, the envelope looked sealed with tape. I know you are sold out, so if you dont have a blue led i understand (please let me know where i can get one), but if you have another one i would love to get it. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
Should've done it himself then... I was happy with my purchase.

Tam,

Old 02-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Instructor

I read the diy a while ago when the led mods for the console had surfaced. But I'll definatly be PM'im you soon if I buy the 2nd Gen.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:17 PM
TLingggggggg

yeah sure no problemo
Old 02-16-2007, 01:47 AM
B A N N E D

deadset you can buy mine if subtle doesnt take it back.

subtle. can you pm me your number so i can meet you somewhere to have a talk about this and i will return your stuff.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:23 AM
woooo!!

Hey Jonathon, just wanted to let you know i just got the package and it looks freakin awesome.....if it wasnt for this stupid ochem test i have at 730 this baby would be in already! I can wait , will post pics of the shiftgate wit my in dash blue leds
I love your excitement buddy!!

hey jonathon i just noticed that i only got one led, i think its the white one and i ordered both white and blue. Are you sending another one in a different envelope since i paid separately or did you just forget to send both, b/c im pretty sure it didnt fall out, the envelope looked sealed with tape. I know you are sold out, so if you dont have a blue led i understand (please let me know where i can get one), but if you have another one i would love to get it. Thanks!
Hey Igor, I sent both in the same envelope, but I guess along with quite a number of other shipments... the LEDs just mysteriously disappear because I distinctly remember dropping both LEDs into YOUR package. I made some readjustments and have one last blue LED for you which will be sent out tomorrow... using index card to WRAP this sucka up this time~!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:26 AM
woooo!!

xyrcncp, AcuraBuddy, MikePA: thank you... i appreciate your honest responses...

Ontario: dang man you never fail to impress me (like Kris~!) that looks greeaaaaatttt
Old 02-16-2007, 04:46 AM
woooo!!

Originally Posted by vzuptnguyen
deadset you can buy mine if subtle doesnt take it back.

subtle. can you pm me your number so i can meet you somewhere to have a talk about this and i will return your stuff.
PM replied.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:33 AM
woooo!!

Hey Igor, I sent both in the same envelope, but I guess along with quite a number of other shipments... the LEDs just mysteriously disappear because I distinctly remember dropping both LEDs into YOUR package. I made some readjustments and have one last blue LED for you which will be sent out tomorrow... using index card to WRAP this sucka up this time~!
Ahh, I made a boo-boo. Sorry to burst your bubble, but just digged out our Paypal transaction of $20 which is for one LED and... "Note: AcuraDreamin, white led, 5 spd. If you could send it to my 424 South L-----y Lane residence that would be great, it should be the primary address. Cant wait to get it, thanks a bunch jonathon and keep up the good work!" I am a bit confused now~! Let me know how that matches up with your side..
Old 02-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Racer

Ontario: dang man you never fail to impress me (like Kris~!) that looks greeaaaaatttt
Thanks!
Old 02-16-2007, 11:36 AM
TLingggggggg

Man if only I could get myself to do the fogs but too bad Im such a pansey to break into the car like that. The closest I got to ripping the car up was with the tail lights and installing the USASPEC for the ipod. Anymore would simply be uncivilized <--- I miss that commercial.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:43 AM
08 Civic SI

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
im still waiting for mine

Quick Reply: 2G TL/CL custom LED shift gate indicator Groupbuy SOLD OUT~! Thanks for looking