2002 Honda Inspire 3.2 Type-S

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 08:58 PM
2016 Lexus ES 350

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Honda said that it does not meet EPA and crash rating standards. Since it's a RHD it has to be crash tested to see. This means i have to ship two back just to wreck them. $$$$$

What years were those RHD Honda Integra's ? Any car older than 25 years can br brought over without having to conform to the US standard.

I will be sending them a letter again next week to see if there is anything else I can do, but it's not looking good.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:11 PM
rebmeM deretsigeR

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Damn, sucks to hear. Figure it is essentially the same car with just a bit difference. It started life here, you just want to bring it home right?

Very nice. Good luck dealing with them. Hopefully they give you a break.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 556 Likes on 446 Posts
I imagine you can totally bring it. It's your property, you can do w\e you want with it. Worst case scenario, pull the engine out and ship them as separate pieces. Same thing people do with guns.

Registering it as a street vehicle is a different story though.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:44 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice car !
Old 06-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Nice job on the painted splash guards! Inspire-S looks great all around.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
^ in japan, splash guards come painted from factory iirc
Old 06-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by jjashaa
^ in japan, splash guards come painted from factory iirc
I wonder if there are still some available. Probably really hard to find and if I did find them, they're probably very expensive. Not looking to ever buy a kit, nice as they are, so I'm keeping the splash guards. Mine are painted, using rubberized primer and paint from Paintscratch, but I have to touch them up every year.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 195 Posts
why even have them when they cut into the paint???
I'd rather have no splash guards than bare metal showing.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by HairyMonkey019
why even have them when they cut into the paint???
I'd rather have no splash guards than bare metal showing.
Because some of us bought the car used, with the splash guards having been there for years. Rather than take them off and have bare metal showing, I'd rather have painted splash guards. Also, painting the splash guards are a lot cheaper than having to pay someone to fix the paint damage.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:14 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this is an old thread, did a search for the 03 inspire bumper and saw this. The last few years I've been looking for an 02-03 Inspire front bumper with the parking lights and bumper pole but have never seen one for sale. I see quite a few 99-01 but not the newer ones. This shop in Sacramento sells the entire front end swap that's also listed on ebay but their bumper is just like the ua5 one. The parking lights on the side of the bumper are on ebay, so do ones cut holes in their bumpers and add the lights and pole?

I'm also looking for the rear H emblem. I bought a jdm one off eBay but the plastic pegs didn't line up with the holes left from the A. So I wanted an authentic H or to find out what year and model honda would work. The seller on ebay said to just trim off one of the pegs but wanted to get the correct one to complete the Inspire conversion. Is there someone on the forum that has access to parts in Japan?

Was looking for the Inspire steering wheel, HOA shift knob and the door sills.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:04 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by NobleTL
I know this is an old thread, did a search for the 03 inspire bumper and saw this. The last few years I've been looking for an 02-03 Inspire front bumper with the parking lights and bumper pole but have never seen one for sale. I see quite a few 99-01 but not the newer ones. This shop in Sacramento sells the entire front end swap that's also listed on ebay but their bumper is just like the ua5 one. The parking lights on the side of the bumper are on ebay, so do ones cut holes in their bumpers and add the lights and pole?

I'm also looking for the rear H emblem. I bought a jdm one off eBay but the plastic pegs didn't line up with the holes left from the A. So I wanted an authentic H or to find out what year and model honda would work. The seller on ebay said to just trim off one of the pegs but wanted to get the correct one to complete the Inspire conversion. Is there someone on the forum that has access to parts in Japan?

Was looking for the Inspire steering wheel, HOA shift knob and the door sills.
mrheeltoe online store should have the H rear emblem that fits. Otherwise you could go to junkyards and grab a few and test fit them.

If you're lucky enough someone in the future is bound to sell their inspire door sills, steering wheel and other inspire accessories... someone on this thread has the sills though!!!! I knowww who you are!
Old 02-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 195 Posts
Lol^ would it be the guy that has his rare parts listed in his sig?
Old 02-28-2016, 06:59 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jaaaydeeem
mrheeltoe online store should have the H rear emblem that fits. Otherwise you could go to junkyards and grab a few and test fit them.

If you're lucky enough someone in the future is bound to sell their inspire door sills, steering wheel and other inspire accessories... someone on this thread has the sills though!!!! I knowww who you are!
I'm on the mobile version so I can't see sigs. I knew heeltoe and aj-racing had them but his prices are a joke! $300 for a high flow cat, overt $700 for the j37 IM, $57 for the type s badge (even though it looks identical to the prelude type s on ebay), rear H $46, I guess the one for our ua5 is a little less I think $35, but the black one is $69, I don't get why the newer accord one is $25 but the rest are so much! A mugen emblem is $89 but you can get it on a dozen sites for $60-61-67. I just don't get why his prices are so much! I'd buy everything from him if he had more reasonable prices! The j37 IM brand new from Acura is like half the price too! I just don't get it. Sucks because he has every piece I want for my car

I've never even seen the door sills before. I just found out a week or two there was such a thing. I remember back a few years ago someone made illuminated ones that I thought was really cool!
Old 02-28-2016, 09:12 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh my, what a beauty!
Old 02-29-2016, 10:47 AM
Advanced

Found two of the burl wood vent pieces and the gauge cluster. Didn't know there was a sunglasses case above in burl wood too!
Saw the trim around the door handles but have yet to see them on ebay yet. Really would like a sunglasses holder through!

Heeltoe's having a sale today! I'm going to just bite the bullet and get the H! It's spendy but how many times am I going to buy it? Might as well do it right the first time!

Really wish I could find a beige inspire steering wheel with burl wood. The door handle pieces would be cool too!

Quite the process doing the full swap!
Old 03-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by HairyMonkey019
Lol^ would it be the guy that has his rare parts listed in his sig?

Hahahah!! The rarest of the rarest parts! plus I asked Teo about them one day and told me!

Originally Posted by NobleTL
Found two of the burl wood vent pieces and the gauge cluster. Didn't know there was a sunglasses case above in burl wood too!
Saw the trim around the door handles but have yet to see them on ebay yet. Really would like a sunglasses holder through!

Heeltoe's having a sale today! I'm going to just bite the bullet and get the H! It's spendy but how many times am I going to buy it? Might as well do it right the first time!

Really wish I could find a beige inspire steering wheel with burl wood. The door handle pieces would be cool too!

Quite the process doing the full swap!

Where'd you find the vent pieces? PM me lol! USPS lost my package with those pieces. Bought them from a guy on the black market.... never to be seen again til this day -__-
Old 03-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jaaaydeeem
Hahahah!! The rarest of the rarest parts! plus I asked Teo about them one day and told me!

Where'd you find the vent pieces? PM me lol! USPS lost my package with those pieces. Bought them from a guy on the black market.... never to be seen again til this day -__-
Ebay had them.
Ebay also had the sunglasses case but it wasn't the real inspire piece, looked like someone used the trimb pieces and glued them on. Saw the armrest for the rear on ebay too and didn't know if the inspire came with burl wood trim in the cup holder or someone again added the trim pieces. Those dash kits ones buy and stick on.

Missed out on heeltoes sale. Was going to look through and add to my cart some different things and had a busy day and forgot. Remembered around one am. Saw he's going to have sales every week too on parts this month. Hopping the HFC goes on sale. Just seems like $30+ is a lot for an emblem. Authenticity isn't that important to me with something like that, just wanted to make sure the emblem I do get the pegs match up with the holes in the trunk.

Really upset, I just missed out on Vollys door sills in the black market. He only wanted $50 for them too!
Guess I need to look at the black market every day!