2 Questions: Seatbelts & Engine Tear

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 12:50 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Questions: Seatbelts & Engine Tear

Got 2 questions that popped in my mind I've been meaning to ask you guys.

1. Does anyone know how to adjust the seat belt so that when I unbuckle, it doesn't pull back so fast. Because of this, I've been having more and more little white/black dents interior.

2. Pardon my stupidity but once in a while, I'll be talking to a bud of mine and I'll accidently turn my key to "Start" while the engine is already running. The reason I do this is because I turn on my engine without turning on my lights and when the engine is running for a while so quietly, I forget I had already turned it on. So my question is, what kinda impact does that squeeky/screaming noise have on the engine/tranny when I try to "START" an already started engine??
Old 12-07-2002, 12:54 AM
Race Director

Re: 2 Questions: Seatbelts & Engine Tear

Originally posted by SleekSatin

1. Does anyone know how to adjust the seat belt so that when I unbuckle, it doesn't pull back so fast. Because of this, I've been having more and more little white/black dents interior.

2. Pardon my stupidity but once in a while, I'll be talking to a bud of mine and I'll accidently turn my key to "Start" while the engine is already running. The reason I do this is because I turn on my engine without turning on my lights and when the engine is running for a while so quietly, I forget I had already turned it on. So my question is, what kinda impact does that squeeky/screaming noise have on the engine/tranny when I try to "START" an already started engine??
1 I Dont know but 2 Is very very bad for engine, should only accidentally happen once in a blue moon dont make it a habit.. Or glance over the gauge before turning on car.. Shows how quiet and built quality a ACURA is that you dont even hear the Engine .
Old 12-07-2002, 05:23 PM
Instructor

One wonders why Acura doesn't have an interlock built into the car...Most GM and Chryslers have them, ditto on the Germans for decades.

And the TL is a car that actually needs it!
Old 12-07-2002, 05:34 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 2 Questions: Seatbelts & Engine Tear

Originally posted by SleekSatin

1) I dunno if you could do anything to that. But y can't you just hold the seatbelt back so that it doesnt pull back so fast?

2)LOL!! Just try not to do it again.