03 Tl Engine Issues-help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 02:26 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Tl Engine Issues-help!!!

I HAVE A LEASED 03 TL NAVI AND HAVE COMPLETED MY REQUIRED MAINTANENCE ON THE VEHICLE. EVER SINCE I GOT THE VEHICLE I HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE MAINT. AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS COMING ON AT ODD TIMES. I HAVE TAKEN IT IN TO DEALER FOR THIS AND THEY JUST RESET. CAR HAS BEEN RUNNING LIKE CRAP FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS. TOOK IN FOR ANOTHER OIL CHANGE, THYE SAID THE OIL WAS OFF THE DIP STICK AND THICK/DIRTY. RECOMENDED AN ENGINE FLUSH (ONLY 35k MILES ON CAR). I SAID OK JUST TO BE SAFE. CAR STARTED GRINDING AND SKIPPING, WAY WORSE. TOOK TO DEALER CAUSE FOUND OUT ABOUT RECALLS, THEY ARE NOW TELLING ME I NEED A NEW ENGINE AND WON'T COVER IT UNDER WARRANTY-----THE ZONE REP SAID HE THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE LACK OF MAINT.-EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE SOME COPIES OF INVOICES. THEY DIDN'T EVEN RUN TAKE ANYTHING APART OR GIVE ME ANY DIAGNOSTICS. THE REP JUST TOOK THE CAM COVER OFF AND SAID THERE WAS METAL FLAKES IN THE OIL??????? THEY WON'T EVEN COVER A TEAR DOWN??
Old 02-22-2005, 02:59 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Um, I don't know what to tell ya.

Since you have records of taking the car in for the lights going off, it shows that you weren't negligent or anything. It's the dealership's fault for just resetting the light, and finding out about the problem at the last minute when it's too late.

Did you always get everything done at the dealership? If that's the case, then obviously they will have records of everything. You shouldn't have to pay for anything.

Not enough information to help you out in depth. Good luck.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:15 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Um, I don't know what to tell ya.

Since you have records of taking the car in for the lights going off, it shows that you weren't negligent or anything. It's the dealership's fault for just resetting the light, and finding out about the problem at the last minute when it's too late.

Did you always get everything done at the dealership? If that's the case, then obviously they will have records of everything. You shouldn't have to pay for anything.

Not enough information to help you out in depth. Good luck.

<<I DIDN'T TAKE IT TO ACURA FOR ANY OF THE OIL CHANGES, BUT FOR THE LIGHTS AND A SOME OTHER MINOR WARRANTLY WORK. THE DEALERSHIP IS SAYING THEY DON'T HAVE ANY RECORD OF THE 3 TIMES I BROUGHT THE CAR IN FOR THE ENGINE/MAINT. LIGHTS, I AM ASSUMING THE YAHOO THAT RESET DIDN'T RECORD IN COMPUTER. THEY DO HAVE THE OTHER ITEMS IN THE COMPUTER AND I HAD THE LIGHTS RESET ON THE SAME DAY AS ONE OF THE WARRANTY ISSUES. STRANGE. WHEN I PROVIDED THE DEALER WITH THE MOST RECENT OIL CHANGE RECEIPT AND PROOF OF THE ENGINE FLUSH, THEY SAID THAT I SHOULDN'T HAVE NEEDED AN ENGINE FLUSH ON SUCH A NEW CAR AND IF IT HAS CAUSED ANY PROBLEM FOR THE ENGINE THAT THE WARRANTY IS VOID AND MY RESPONSABILITY....FEEL LIKE I AM GETTING SCREWED.