01 Ignition Interlock failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 04:09 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 Ignition Interlock failure

Hey guys,

just wanna point out you guys are great for helping me fix all the little problems with my car, have had it for 3 years, no major problems.

this week though, i got into a small accident because of the ignition interlock. I got busy and i forgot to put my car into park and pulled out the key and didnt realize the car was rolling until it was too late.

the problem is similar to what is said in this thread

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...ura-tl-572164/

I called the acura dealer and they said that my VIN is not under the recall, even though my car suffers from the same exact problem.

So, is it worth my time calling the acura offices and making a huge argument? Or is it worth just replacing it on my own/ paying someone?

I come from a technical background and dont plan on spending anything more than 2 hours( Ive torn the entire console apart to put in a stereo, so i am already used to tearing the paneling apart, it didnt seem too difficult to replace the tumbler.)

Also, is there a method to match the key to the ignition lock and tumbler to the doors with as little work as possible?

I can not fix it as it dosent really hurt the function of the car, but i got lucky this time, didnt cause any real damage, but dont want to roll the dice again.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2016, 11:32 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
ck the VINs covered by recall vs your VIN,,if close- call Corp and ask to start a file
The phone person can only read from The Book of No!, but they take your info and a corp person calls you
There are many cases of secret warranty and TSB done free under special extended warranty,,you have to ask to get!