@%@$@#$ REAR ENDED A GS300!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 09:40 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post @%@$@#$ REAR ENDED A GS300!

Oh my f*cking gawd, i was going home from work in long island today and for some gawd damn reason i didn't see the lexus in front of me stop! I musta been tired as hell and half falling asleep, by the time i knew i was gonna hit, TOO LATE! Funny thing is that only his bumper got 2 scratches! while my Rodeo's hood got all bent up and the sides cracked, and i can't open the passenger door now! No one got hurt, too. Sigh, i don't know how much its gonna cost him, but i know its gonna cost me around 2k, #^@^^@%^@$%@$@# SHIET! Lucky my TL is at Ron's shop at least! Now how am i gonna come up with a lie to tell my dad? DAMNIT, my sis got into a major accident that cost the insurance co. over $10k to fix, then I got a flat tire on my tl within the first month driving on the belt parkway, and now i rear end someone that will cost me another 2k while practically there was no damage to that lexus. I'm just pissed off as hell, sorry for the venting. I know its my fault. Ironic thing was that I posted re:Tea Elle's remark about getting into an accident due to falling asleep or watching TV while driving, and BANG, i get into an accident tonight!
Old 05-10-2001, 09:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well just hope every think turn out great..and get back ur baby soon..a year b4 i still drivin my 92 325i got rear end by civic my car only got 1 or 2 scratches.And he got hood bent up and air bags pop out...Man it was funny when i look at his his face..

------------------
2000 3.2TL Firepepper red w/o nav
stock spoiler
Comptech springs
Custom front Grill
Bosch 4+ platinum spark plug
25% Tint/Mud guards/
acura-tl.com sticker at front windshield
Old 05-10-2001, 10:35 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's weird when you rear-end someone and your hood and front bumper is all fvcked up while their rear bumper only suffer minor damages. This happened to me a year ago when some asshole rear-ended me in his Thunderbird. By the sound and force of the impact, I could have sworn my rear bumper was demolished. But when I went out to see the damage, there were only a few scratches on my rear bumper while his whole front end was smashed in. I guessed the rear bumper were made stronger than the front.
I hope everything works out for you. Be careful next time if you are tired behind the wheel. A few months ago I lost a friend because he fell asleep on the wheel. As long as you're fine then everything else can be fix.

------------------

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by BlackShadow on May 10, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 05-10-2001, 11:01 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

That sucks dude, Good that no one was hurt.
And good thing it wasn't your TL!!! Otherwise you would have TL Withdrawal Syndrome!!
Old 05-10-2001, 11:15 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by BlackShadow:
It's weird when you rear-end someone and your hood and front bumper is all fvcked up while their rear bumper only suffer minor damages. This happened to me a year ago when some asshole rear-ended me in his Thunderbird. By the sound and force of the impact, I could have sworn my rear bumper was demolished. But when I went out to see the damage, there were only a few scratches on my rear bumper while his whole front end was smashed in. I guessed the rear bumper were made stronger than the front.
I hope everything works out for you. Be careful next time if you are tired behind the wheel. A few months ago I lost a friend because he fell asleep on the wheel. As long as you're fine then everything else can be fix.

LOL speaking of thunderbirds...
when I worked at a stupid convienence store over the winter, it was midnite, I was tired and i didnt scrape the back window cuz i have a remote start so everything was clear except taht (cuz i cant leave defrost on on the rear) I backed up quick SLAM into these three yellow concrete posts, ya know those rounded top things they have??
bent two of em back about 6 inches,
tiny scratch on my TBirds bumper LOL

Old 05-11-2001, 02:40 AM

well.. if you really wanna know why your gets so much more ****ed up than the car that gets rear-ended, it's because usually, the driver of the car doing the rear-ending doesn't see the car in front of him till it's too late.. the immediate reaction is to brake hard.. this effectively tilts your car forward and allows it to go under the rear-ended car's rear bumper for a split second.. your hood therefore suffers impact damage from a forward and a falling impact.. sucks huh? my engineer explained this to me after the first time i screwed up my car
Old 05-11-2001, 04:11 AM
The New 3 Series Coupe

Hey Mile, take care of yourself man... I see that you have been suffering the shittiest luck, but hey... hang in there.
Old 05-11-2001, 04:36 AM
Racer

good kill....j/k

------------------
Bad ass TL...but...
Cant afford Mods.....
Old 05-11-2001, 06:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Someone rear ende my expolorer & I got out expecting the worse. The guy'd Cavalier that hit me had lost the entire front end, grill, headlights, bumber, hood, both front fenders & radiator, and all I had to have done was the Chrome bumper cover & 1 bumber shock. I was so happy when there was no body damage...

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. PIAA Hyperwhite HB's. 17" CL-S wheels with Bridgestone RE 730 - 225/45/17's. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways & Axle back Exhaust.
Old 05-11-2001, 08:27 AM
Banned

Wink

Originally posted by Lew:
...the driver of the car doing the rear-ending doesn't see the car in front of him till it's too late.. the immediate reaction is to brake hard.. this effectively tilts your car forward and allows it to go under the rear-ended car's rear bumper for a split second.. your hood therefore suffers impact damage from a forward and a falling impact...
From now on guys, if you see you gonna hit just floor it and your damage will me minimal, you gonna hit anyway so why not have fun doing it...

------------------
Out on parole and on best behavior...
Old 05-11-2001, 10:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I got "front-ended"... I was waiting at the traffic light behind this dude in a 740i....He put his car in reverse, so I put my car in reverse....figured he was trying to park or something.. All of a sudden, I see his bumper lift up...This dude slammed on the gas in reverse.. His bumper went over my bumper.. I was looking at his exhaust about 24 inches away from the windshield. I was driving my Millenia at the time.. This A$$wipe tried making a false claim on me... He definitely hit the wrong person.. I was off duty from the NYPD on my way home, but guess what? I was still in uniform! He didn't give the police his insurance card.. No problem! I ran his plates at the precinct, was in contact with his insurance company with 24 hours of the accident. To make a long story short, when I faxed his insurance company the accident report, they called me back asking me if I saw any damage on the back of his car prior to the damage from the accident, I said no, why? she said two months prior to this, he made a claim that someone rear ended him and they paid to have it fixed...I had about $4,000 in damage, hood completely crumpled, fenders, etc.. He had a scratch..A$$holes...
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech Springs and Sways, CL Type S wheels wrapped with 225/45/17 Dunlop SP9000's, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, Gutter Guard Grille, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 05-11-2001, 12:49 PM
Advanced

Talking

Ha, well I was behind someone that was turning right on a red light. I was slowly creeping up and in the middle of a conversation with a buddy of mine not paying attention. He started to go then stopped suddenly. I looked up at the last minute and saw I was going to hit him and jammed on the breaks. I had just come from sitting on the end of a lake so I wasn't wearing shoes and couldn't get on the brake pedal. I hit him fairly hard and you could noticibly see probably 1k damage or so on his car. He stopped and flicked me off then made the turn and kept going. I chased him down as he turns into a neighborhood thinking hes pulling over so we can exchange info and what not. Then he just takes off and loses me. I pull over and look at the front of my car and not 1 sign of damage. I laughed the whole way home. Not everyday you get to **** up someone else's car and have nothing done to yours
Old 05-11-2001, 11:32 PM
Instructor

Thanks everyone for your comments, now would you also be so kind as to reply to my other post, as to After I rear ended the GS300?what i should do now? Thanks