* * * Comptech Facility Open House * * *

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post * * * Comptech Facility Open House * * *

The V6 Accord owners from SHO are organizing an open house meet at the Comptech facility on June 29 (Friday). They'll give us a tour of the facility and discuss the projects that they are currently working on for the Honda V6 family (Accord, TL, CL). We'd like to get as many people to attend, so that we could show our appreciation and support for the efforts that Comptech has taken in marketing products for our vehicles. One of the biggest topics will be the V6 supercharger, and hopefully we can get a glimpse of it. We've already got a response from Mike B., but the open house details are still pending as he still has to run it by some people. If you're in Northern California and/or are interested, please respond so we can get a head count of the people that will be attending.
Old 05-30-2001, 03:51 PM
7th Gear

Where is it?

Originally posted by GIMMICK:
The V6 Accord owners from SHO are organizing an open house meet at the Comptech facility on June 29 (Friday). They'll give us a tour of the facility and discuss the projects that they are currently working on for the Honda V6 family (Accord, TL, CL). We'd like to get as many people to attend, so that we could show our appreciation and support for the efforts that Comptech has taken in marketing products for our vehicles. One of the biggest topics will be the V6 supercharger, and hopefully we can get a glimpse of it. We've already got a response from Mike B., but the open house details are still pending as he still has to run it by some people. If you're in Northern California and/or are interested, please respond so we can get a head count of the people that will be attending.
Old 05-30-2001, 04:07 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SF Bay are here. But where exactly is it?

------------------
2002 3.2 TL Type S with Navigation
Exterior: Aegean Blue Pearl
At 3% over invoice, who can complain?
Old 05-30-2001, 04:56 PM
Instructor

Comptech USA
4717 Golden Foothill Parkway
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Phone : (916) 933-108

Here's directions as posted by Momoney coming from San Jose
The drive from South San Jose (Monterey Rd/ Capital Expressway) took me about 2 hours. Take Hwys 680N, to 580E, to 5N, connect onto Hwy 99N in Stockton (going to Sacramento), you'll pass a small town of Galt, about 3-5 miles take the Grant Line Rd exit (it's a funny exit, just make a left at the stop sign, make sure you are going East,) drive it to the end and you'll be in El Dorado. Note: Grant Line Rd is the back way to get you to Lake Tahoe by-passing Sacramento all together. Grant Line Rd. is also a fun road to drive, it's a country road that will test your driving abilities, it has lots of straight shots until the last 7 miles plenty of hill drops and turns. Use mapquest.com to find more complete and alternate driving directions.

Old 06-01-2001, 12:02 PM
Instructor

The open house date has been moved from friday 6/29 to saturday 6/23/01. It'll be held from 10am to about 1/2pm with facility tours, dyno runs, v6 supercharger-in-accord display, sale items, munchies and drinks. If you're going to attend please indicate that you will by responding and we'll generate a list. This is necessary because Comptech wants to know how many to expect so that they have enough safety glasses.

Check out the accord discussion on Comptech's website discussion board, for more details.
Old 06-01-2001, 06:50 PM
Advanced

I'd like to check out comptech open house. Maybe I can pick up springs from there for a better price. Anyone else driving up from south San Jose area?
Old 06-02-2001, 08:22 AM
Instructor

Let's begin a list in here so we could see who'll be going. We need to get a head count so that Comptech know how many to expect. I've begun a list in the TL forum, I'll merge the lists along with the one in the CL webboard. I just wanted to add that you should also include any guests that'll be accompanying you

1. GIMMICK - Los Angeles, CA - '00 V6 Accord
2. happy - San Jose, CA

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by GIMMICK on June 02, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 06-04-2001, 11:28 PM
Instructor

up
Old 06-07-2001, 03:26 PM

HMmmm....if we can get the springs from them directly I'm definitely interested.

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 02:58 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by edgalang:
HMmmm....if we can get the springs from them directly I'm definitely interested.

You could purchase certain items directly from Comptech, during the day of the meet. However, they won't be able to do any installs since their mechanics won't be in on Saturday. If you're interested in purchasing anything directly, please contact Mike B. at Comptech so that they could have the part ready for you on that day.

Old 06-08-2001, 03:04 PM
Instructor

Comptech Meet -- Saturday June 23,2001, 10 am - 2 pm
4717 Golden Foothill Parkway
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Phone : (916) 933-1080
info@comptechusa.com

So far these are the people that we have listed that are going to the Comptech Open House.

1. v6MoMoney (+2 guests) - Sacramento, CA
2. GPR - San Jose, CA
3. Tylt (+2 guests) - Chico, CA
4. PGaccord (+1 guest) - Vallejo, CA
5. chronicSMOKE - Richmond, CA
6. EXclusive V6 - Fremont, CA
7. projectalpha - Concord, CA
8. V6Accord00Boy (+2 guests) - San Jose, CA
9. 00akord - SF Bay Area, CA
10. deja- San Francisco, CA
11. LadySpeed21 (+1 guest) - Vallejo, CA
12. Kit882 - Davis, CA
13. b18c vtec - San Francisco, CA
14. jsmithjr732 - SF Bay Area, CA
15. UneekXInteg (+2 guests) - San Francisco, CA
16. GIMMICK - Los Angeles, CA
17. accordfreak - SF Bay Area, CA
18. Accord R33 - SF Bay Area, CA
19. kris79 (+1 guest) - San Francisco, CA
20. greddyspeed916 - Sacramento, CA
21. AcuraTL - San Mateo, CA
22. TL Daddy (+1 guest) - Monterey, CA
23. bobowah (+1 guest) - Belmont, CA
24. happy - San Jose, CA
25. 99WDP (+1 guest) - Hillsboro, OR
25. Norcal CL-s - Sacramento, CA
26. SJ Silver Type-S - San Jose, CA
27. H4mm3rm4n - Sacramento, CA
28. ThePreludeChick - Napa Valley, CA
29. 97Acc SE - San Ramon, CA
30. South Bay GSR - Mountain View, CA
31. moomaster_99 - San Francisco, CA
32. jjc001 - Tracy, CA

If you're planning to go and don't see your name on the list please speak up. Also, if you're planning to bring other people please indicate that. Comptech will need to know how many people to expect so that they could make the appropriate accomodations. And finally, it'd be cool if people could state where they'll be coming from so that it'll be easier to plan a caravan.

If you're local to the area, some of the SHO V6 Accord members have agreed to meet up at Fry's Electronics in Fremont - 43800 Osgood Rd Fremont, CA (510) 252-5300 at 7 am so that they could cruise up to Comptech together.

Comptech will be providing some snacks and drinks for the visitors. Also note that Comptech will not allow any cameras inside any of their facilities since they'd like to keep some prototype projects under wraps. Sorry fellas that's the way it is.

After the Comptech meet, some people have expressed interest in watching the Fast-N-Furious movie at Folsom City (5 min drive), and/or cruise the back roads near Comptech.
Old 06-08-2001, 03:11 PM

edgalang - Berkeley

------------------
Old 06-12-2001, 02:38 PM
Instructor

Update to the list.
33. q2killer (+1 guest) - Roseville, CA
34. illusion - San Jose, CA
35. keys (+2 guests) - Fremont, CA
36. Da Deuce - San Jose, CA

Also, I'd like to add that Comptech was able to put in a working supercharger into their V6 Accord just last week. We'll finally get a chance to see the SC project . . . maybe we could request them to dyno it for us while we are there .
Old 06-12-2001, 05:26 PM

37. edgalang (+1 guest)

------------------
Old 06-12-2001, 07:45 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by edgalang:
37. edgalang (+1 guest)

Oops . . . I had a feeling I forgot someone
Old 06-13-2001, 11:15 PM
Instructor

Here's something you guys might be interested in . . . it came from the V6 Accord moderator on SHO who's the primary organizer for the Comptech meet.

Originally posted by v6MoMoney

It's still 11 days away and there's now 65 people attending Comptech’s Open House. Comptech is planning a very tight schedule of activities to last from 10a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and to ensure everything runs smoothly, every Comptech employee is scheduled to work mandatory overtime.

There’s going to be several activities going on at both the main Business/Dyno facility and at their Manufacturing/Warehouse building. As a result, there's going to be a little planning Saturday morning to determine what the rotation of ppl for each activity is going to be. . .

So in order to ensure we start sharply at 10 a.m. everyone is encourage on making it to this Event by no later than 9:30a.m!

Special Request: Mike B. has requested for volunteers to help setting-up some things to ensure the Saturday Event kicks off at 10a.m. . . . (Like arranging the product booths, munchies & refreshments stations, placing direction signs & balloons, setting-up the different parking sections for each make of cars, etc.)

Incentive: Mike said the internal gated parking area at the main facility is going to serve as a display area for 8 of our "Most PHAT Rides." These selected cars will be parked wide apart to allow for groups of ppl to check each ride and participate technical discussions. The selected PHAT rides will need to have the latest Mods (e.g. installed Comptech products scores some bonus points!)

Note: There will an assortment of PHAT Rides selected to compliment the interests of different Honda/Acura owners attending.

Those of you attending who feel your PHAT Ride qualifies, please Email me your list of mods, pics of your ride and/or site address. Those that are selected please ensure you have your mods listed on a sheet of paper, which will be placed on your ride’s window during the Event for everyone to view.

If your ride is selected you’ll have to show up with the rest of the ppl coming-in at 8:30 a.m. for setting up the PHAT RIDE Display Area! It will also give you an opportunity to prep-n-polish before show time!

The rest of the PHAT Rides will be directed to park in designated sections according to make of car (identified by 6’ signs), along both sides of the street adjacent to the Comptech facility. Sometime during this event Comptech R&D personnel will be making visit to each designated section to checkout everyone’s ride. To listen to everyones' additional product needs and wants. So have your mod lists handy!

Several people have indicated on the "POLL" that they intended to purchase some Comptech products. Mike and his staff need to know what products people are interested in. Note:The only product that’s not currently available is the Comptech v6 Headers.

If you are planning on purchasing some products please leave a message on www.comptechusa.com in the Accord Forum titled Comptech’s Open House Saturday June 23rd

I realized this may be too early for most of you, however we don’t often get an opportunity like this and so let’s make the most of it!

We have a couple of ppl (GIMMICK/ Mr BeBoT) leaving their LA homes at around 2/3 a.m. in order to make to this important event. So if they can do it, there’s no excuse why the rest of us can’t.

So who plans to show up a little earlier to help set-up?
Thanks in advance for your help & support,
~MoMoney
If you're interested in helping out or having your "Phat Ride" on display you could email Maurice, aka "v6MoMoney" at mauriceduenas@mindsync.com.

Also, I'd like to make an emphasis onto those people who will be attending to please be prompt. Comptech has gone to great efforts to sponsor this event for us, the least we could do is be courteous and show up on time. So we're asking people to show up at the facility at 9:30 am so we could get started promptly at 10.

Thanks,
GIMMICK
Old 06-19-2001, 01:35 AM
Instructor

Updated List as of June 18, 2001

Total of 93 people signed up . . . yeah baby

SHO V6 forum (56 ppl)
  • v6MoMoney (+8 guests) - Sacramento, CA
  • GPR (+1 guests) - San Jose, CA
  • Tylt (+3 guest) - Chico, CA
  • PGaccord (+1 guest) - Vallejo, CA
  • chronicSMOKE - Richmond, CA
  • EXclusive V6 - Fremont, CA
  • projectalpha (+2 guests) - Concord, CA
  • V6Accord00Boy (+2 guests) - San Jose, CA
  • 00akord - Daly City, CA
  • deja (+2 guests) - San Francisco, CA
  • LadySpeed21 (+1 guest) - Vallejo, CA
  • Kit882 - Davis, CA
  • b18c vtec - San Francisco, CA
  • jsmithjr732 - SF Bay Area, CA
  • UneekxInteg (+2 guests) - San Francisco, CA
  • Keys (+3 guests) - SF Bay Area, CA
  • Bentleymp21 (+3 guests) - San Francisco, CA
  • illusion - San Jose, CA
  • R35553HV6 - San Francisco, CA
  • The Racers Group/ Mr. UNICHIP - Tony, Sears Point Raceway, CA
  • The Speed Merchant - Rich, San Jose, CA
  • Motorsports Dynamics - Ed, Sacramento, CA
  • South Valley Inc. - Mike, San Jose, CA
  • SoCalv6 - Los Angeles, CA
  • SprSxyAphrodite - Los Angeles, CA
  • Mr BeBoT - Los Angeles, CA
  • GIMMICK - Los Angeles, CA
  • GD2000/BW, Ivan - Los Angeles, CA

Accordclub (5 ppl)
  • accordfreak - Bay Area
  • Accord R33 - Bay Area
  • kris79 (+1 guest) - San Francisco, CA
  • greddyspeed916 - Sacramento, CA

Acura-TL Webboard (11 ppl)
  • TL Daddy (+1 guest) - Monterey, CA
  • bobowah (+1 guest) - Belmont, CA
  • 99WDP (+1 guest) - Hillsboro, OR
  • happy - San Jose, CA
  • edgalang - Berkeley, CA
  • AcuraTL (+1 guest) - Bay Area, CA
  • Edub-TL - Redwood City, CA

Acura-CL Webboard (10 ppl)
  • Norcal CL-s - Sacramento, CA
  • SJ Silver Type-S - San Jose, CA (cancelled)
  • H4mm3rm4n - Sacramento, CA
  • moomaster_99 (+3 guests) - San Francisco, CA
  • jjc001 - Tracy, CA
  • q2killer (+1 guest) - Roseville, CA
  • friendlydacat - Santa Clara, CA

HS California Forum (8 ppl)
  • ThePreludeChick - Napa Valley, CA
  • 97Acc SE (+2 guests) - San Ramon, CA
  • South Bay GSR - Mountain View, CA
  • mR HoOPty (+2 guests) - Bay Area, CA

Comptech - Forums (3 ppl)
  • ddawson (+1 guest) - SF Bay Area, CA
  • ScottHuscher - Davis, CA
Old 06-19-2001, 10:01 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by GIMMICK:
Updated List as of June 18, 2001

Total of 93 people signed up . . . yeah baby

How about a report? Did you learn anything cool?

------------------
2002 Acura TL Type-S Dark Emerald Pearl
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE V6
1994 Ford Explorer 4x4
Old 06-19-2001, 11:31 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by bbjones:
How about a report? Did you learn anything cool?
I'm not sure what you're asking about, but the meet isn't until this coming Saturday, June 23. I'll be attending the meet and asking tons of questions about companies future products. Along with Comptech other aftermarket companies that are going to have representatives attending are The Racer's Group (Unichip), and Ground Designs. If you have any questions that you'd like me to ask, post them here, but since you're in Sunnyvale, why don't you attend the meet so you could ask the questions yourself .
Old 06-19-2001, 11:41 PM
Advanced

Sorry, thought it was last weekend.

Unfortunately, the honey-do list is too long, so I can't make it this weekend.

------------------
2002 Acura TL Type-S Dark Emerald Pearl
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE V6
1994 Ford Explorer 4x4
Old 06-20-2001, 09:28 AM
...and then there was One

D*mn, need more things going on in the Northwest. I have too much going on right now to head down for the weekend. I'm glad we don't have as many people up here, and hence my TLS isn't as common as it would be in CA, but the downfall is less meets in the area. We have a bunch of kids with their stupid Civics, Integras, Neons and junk, but not many classy meets. All I can do is hang out at the Portland International Raceway and gawk at all the bigger cars (Ferraris, Porsches, Lamorghinis, ... my TLS is kinda out of place there, haha). I do get a few people to stop by when I am washing and waxing it, though... I keep a couple cold beers in the trunk to give to the Ladies.
Old 06-22-2001, 11:04 PM
Instructor

Latest Update to Comptech VIP List as of Friday June 22nd

Total of 106 people signed up to go

SHO V6 forum (59 ppl)
  • v6MoMoney (+8 guests) - Sacramento, CA
  • GPR (+1 guests) - San Jose, CA
  • Tylt (+3 guest) - Chico, CA
  • PGaccord (+1 guest) - Vallejo, CA
  • chronicSMOKE - Richmond, CA
  • EXclusive V6 - Fremont, CA
  • projectalpha (+2 guests) - Concord, CA
  • V6Accord00Boy (+2 guests) - San Jose, CA
  • 00akord - Daly City, CA
  • deja (+2 guests) - San Francisco, CA
  • LadySpeed21 (+1 guest) - Vallejo, CA
  • Kit882 - Davis, CA
  • b18c vtec - San Francisco, CA
  • jsmithjr732 - SF Bay Area, CA
  • UneekxInteg (+2 guests) - San Francisco, CA
  • Keys (+3 guests) - SF Bay Area, CA
  • Bentleymp21 (+3 guests) - San Francisco, CA
  • illusion - San Jose, CA
  • R35553HV6 - San Francisco, CA
  • The Racers Group/ Mr. UNICHIP - Tony, Sears Point Raceway, CA
  • The Speed Merchant - Rich, San Jose, CA
  • Motorsports Dynamics - Ed, Sacramento, CA
  • South Valley Inc. - Mike, San Jose, CA
  • SoCalv6 (+1 guest) - Los Angeles, CA
  • SprSxyAphrodite - Los Angeles, CA
  • Mr BeBoT (+2 guests)- Los Angeles, CA
  • GIMMICK - Los Angeles, CA
  • GD2000/BW, Ivan - Los Angeles, CA

Accordclub (7 ppl)
  • accordfreak - Bay Area
  • Accord R33 - Bay Area
  • kris79 (+1 guest) - San Francisco, CA
  • greddyspeed916 (+2 guests)- Sacramento, CA

Acura-TL Webboard (11 ppl)
  • TL Daddy (+1 guest) - Monterey, CA
  • bobowah (+1 guest) - Belmont, CA
  • 99WDP - Hillsboro, OR (cancelled)
  • happy - San Jose, CA
  • edgalang - Berkeley, CA
  • AcuraTL (+1 guest) - Bay Area, CA
  • Edub-TL - Redwood City, CA
  • KJ32 (+1 guest) - Colma, CA

Acura-CL Webboard (12 ppl)
  • Norcal CL-s - Sacramento, CA
  • SJ Silver Type-S - San Jose, CA (cancelled)
  • H4mm3rm4n - Sacramento, CA
  • moomaster_99 (+3 guests) - San Francisco, CA
  • jjc001 - Tracy, CA
  • q2killer (+1 guest) - Roseville, CA
  • friendlydacat - Santa Clara, CA
  • twhitted (+1 guest) - Santa Rosa, CA
  • ZmZmCar - Alameda, CA

HS California Forum (8 ppl)
  • ThePreludeChick - Napa Valley, CA
  • 97Acc SE (+2 guests) - San Ramon, CA
  • South Bay GSR - Mountain View, CA
  • mR HoOPty (+2 guests) - Bay Area, CA

Comptech - Forums (9 ppl)
  • ddawson (+1 guest) - SF Bay Area, CA
  • ScottHuscher - Davis, CA
  • VADER2K (+2 guests) - SF Bay Area, CA
  • Niello Acura, Mike (+2 guests) - Folsom, CA
Old 06-22-2001, 11:04 PM
Instructor

I've copied and pasted some important info that was discussed in the SHO V6 forum that might be of interest to you guys . . .

Originally posted by v6MoMoney
****** AGENDA FOR SATURDAY JUNE 23rd *********
  • 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Comptech Facility
    4717 Golden Foothill Pkwy.
    El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-9641
    (916) 933-1080
    POC - Mike or Bob
    ( www.comptechusa.com )
  • 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. Motorsport Dynamics
    2439 Arden Way
    Sacramento, CA 95825
    (916) 648-8000
    POC - Ed Ramones
    ( www.motdyn.com )

• 1 p.m. - 6 p.m. Granite Bay Park ( Main Beach/Folsom Lake)
    7460 Douglas Blvd. (road ends at the park's entrance)
    Granite Bay, CA 95746-9501

This Main Beach features very large parking lot to accomodate all of us, staffed with lifeguards, snack bar, boat and jet ski rentals. Has a very large sandy beach, shade trees, picnic tables, and volleyball nets.

Now the weather this weekend is going to be in the low-mid 90's. I thought this would an excellent place to safety park all our rides, kick back, and get to know everyone and talk about the Comptech & Motorsport Dynamic events. plus take a few more pics. Now I cannot be at all these palces at once, so is there anyone who would like to coordinate this event? If not, everyone reading this please use www.mapquest.com and printout maps for each location. Everyone attending has to at least come somewhat prepared. Now being that we will be going to a beach, bring your big blankets or towels, coolers, boom boxes, volleyball(s), sun screen and your own refreshments and eats. No alcohol is permitted in the park.

If you guys do not like the beach idea, feel free to suggest alternatives. I'm new to the area and this was the best I found to accomodate 100+ rides and people.

~MoMoney
Originally posted by MikeB@Comptech
Here is an update on our schedule of events this Saturday. We will be doing several seminars about dyno testing and how it is key to our product development. Each session will finish with a demonstration dyno run. The car on the dyno will be the Accord with the supercharger, but the hood will remain closed at all times. I'm sorry about that but that's the way it must be since there are many hand fabricated pieces under there and it is still far from a finalized design. I have been promised that the dyno runs will be very interesting and there will be no doubt that there is a supercharger under the hood. These dyno runs will happen at about 10:30, 11:30, and 12:30 so plan accordingly.

Due to the overwhelming response to this event, we will provide a map to our manufacturing facility. Our original plan was to escort groups down there and back, but with this many people we would have run out of time and many would have missed out on seeing it. You may want to plan on going there early since there may be a waiting line.

We will also be holding a drawing after the event, so make sure to fill out one of the cards as soon as you get here.

See you all on Saturday.
Old 06-22-2001, 11:17 PM
Instructor

Here's the link to the SHO V6 Accord board about the Comptech thread if any of you want to read it. Let me warn you ahead of time that its a pretty long thread, but most of the important information can be found in the last few pages . . .

http://www.superhonda.org/board/show...threadid=22846

I suggest you read v6MoMoney's posts . . . he provides the most pertinent information about the Comptech Open House, since he's the man organizing all this.