My OBP RL - Page 5 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

My OBP RL

Old 04-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #161
Registered Member

I understand most of the time of labor you paying is for paint correction and surface prep. I call 2 local shops and both of them quoted at $1600 plus tax and yes they are Opti-coat pro certified.
truonghthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by truonghthe View Post
I understand most of the time of labor you paying is for paint correction and surface prep. I call 2 local shops and both of them quoted at $1600 plus tax and yes they are Opti-coat pro certified.
That's actually not a bad deal to be honest! It's just throwing me off that they gave a quote without seeing the car. Just be aware that estimates go up since it's hourly correction. I would ask to see some of their work before turning the key over, and also have them give you a second estimate when they see the car.
projektvertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:16 PM   #163
Registered Member

Quick question tho is the 2009-2012 steering wheel is a direct bolt on?
Old 04-25-2017, 01:28 PM   #164

Quote:
Quick question tho is the 2009-2012 steering wheel is a direct bolt on?
Yessir! I found it's much easier to get ahold of the '09-'12 wheel.
The Following User Says Thank You to projektvertx For This Useful Post:
truonghthe (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 01:55 PM   #165
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by projektvertx View Post
Yessir! I found it's much easier to get ahold of the '09-'12 wheel.
I asked because I just bought a 2011 steering wheel also on the side note, I think the 09-12 light up much brighter than my 06 one.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:41 AM   #166

Spent the afternoon cleaning up a few of the cars yesterday and it gave way for some nice pictures with the DSLR. The first picture, however, was taken the day before at Willow Run Airport, for those of you who can appreciate the airport's historical significance to US history.

I thought this was a funny shot, the first thing that came to mind when I looked up at this was "Luke, I am your father."

"Yo dawg, i heard you like Japanese boats, so I put a boat in your boat so you can boat while you boat."

For those opti-coat fans, this is what OBP looks like after a simple wash. Notice the reflection of the cars and you can catch a glimpse of my reflection taking the picture in the second shot as well! That's how much paint clarity it gives

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_zpsrhpwixuq.jpg (281.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 2_zpsdp4dasus.jpg (429.1 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 5_zpsear5b9id.jpg (380.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 3_zpsl71zp2ae.jpg (414.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 4_zpsckfkwmgk.jpg (379.9 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by projektvertx; 10-17-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:56 PM   #167
Registered Member

the gloss intensity is insane.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:50 PM   #168

Quote:
the gloss intensity is insane.
I know right! I honestly love opti-coat. Cquartz is supposed to have more depth of shine. I haven't noticed enough of a difference to justify the extra cost. There is a new version of Cquartz called Finest Reserve that I have yet to personally see on a car, so I don't know, that one might be worth the difference!
Old 06-06-2017, 01:03 PM   #169
Registered Member

well now you make me want to correct my RL paint then put on the Opti gloss coat tho. I tried the gloss on my TL and RL headlight and they held up pretty good so far.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #170

Long overdue bump... I realize half my pictures went down with photobucket pulling it's little stunt earlier this year... I'll be working to get my pictures back now that I have more time on my hands, it's been a VERY busy summer for me...

Now as far as the car goes, I'm 6 miles short of ringing in 100K. I gave the car a celebratory wash, coating the seats with CQuartz and the carpet as well. I thought it would be happy but it gave me a gift of it's own with alternator failure today Interestingly enough, the alternator still charges, but I have a habit of leaving the car plugged in when I don't use it. My genius self decided not to remove the trickle charger this morning and it fried the internal voltage regulator. Lesson learned for the future. I sourced a local used OEM replacement with 67K miles that's getting installed tomorrow. Welcome 100K I guess
Old 10-10-2017, 08:21 PM   #171
Registered Member

Nope its call 105k celebration time.... Strange that my RL is at 119k miles and I would predict the A/C compressor will give out before the alternator. You better restore all of those pictures after all I bought the RL because seeing your thread and Tiomang gallery thread. On the real note when you do 105k services ask the mechanic/shop/ dealer to check for oil pump assembly oil leak unless you want to pay another $950 down the road later.
The Following User Says Thank You to truonghthe For This Useful Post:
projektvertx (10-10-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #172

Quote:
Nope its call 105k celebration time.... Strange that my RL is at 119k miles and I would predict the A/C compressor will give out before the alternator. You better restore all of those pictures after all I bought the RL because seeing your thread and Tiomang gallery thread. On the real note when you do 105k services ask the mechanic/shop/ dealer to check for oil pump assembly oil leak unless you want to pay another $950 down the road later.
My car got ahead of itself and celebrated the 105K mark like 2 years ago. It failed in exactly the way you described when the oil pump seal decided it wasn't gonna do the seal part no more

But seriously, I'm glad to hear that, it means a lot I stumbled on a few comments like that in and around the forum and it's nice to see people notice what I'm doing to the car, thanks man
Old 10-10-2017, 10:47 PM   #173
Registered Member

Quote:
My car got ahead of itself and celebrated the 105K mark like 2 years ago. It failed in exactly the way you described when the oil pump seal decided it wasn't gonna do the seal part no more

But seriously, I'm glad to hear that, it means a lot I stumbled on a few comments like that in and around the forum and it's nice to see people notice what I'm doing to the car, thanks man

lucky me I bought the car from a previous owner who working at Acura dealer and had everything service up to date, hell I can't even change the cabin air filter and air cleaner since they already did that like a year ago. However I spoke to the tech who worked on my RL why you didn't tell the previous owner to seal the oil pump when he did the TB last year.... B My has not show sign of leak yet but if it does I gonna spend $950 for a $10 part, BTW the guy was a head Tech too.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:03 PM   #174
Registered Member

Super clean car man, I see you mentioned a trickle charger so I'm assuming you don't daily drive the car? I really wish I could keep my car that clean, its my daily and with the amount of driving I do its tough. I'm lucky if I get to do a maintenance wash once every couple weeks as of late.
LS1SSChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:29 AM   #175

Quote:
lucky me I bought the car from a previous owner who working at Acura dealer and had everything service up to date, hell I can't even change the cabin air filter and air cleaner since they already did that like a year ago. However I spoke to the tech who worked on my RL why you didn't tell the previous owner to seal the oil pump when he did the TB last year.... B My has not show sign of leak yet but if it does I gonna spend $950 for a $10 part, BTW the guy was a head Tech too.
Yikes :/ That sucks man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1SSChris View Post
Super clean car man, I see you mentioned a trickle charger so I'm assuming you don't daily drive the car? I really wish I could keep my car that clean, its my daily and with the amount of driving I do its tough. I'm lucky if I get to do a maintenance wash once every couple weeks as of late.
Thank you sir! Yup, the car doesn't really get daily-ed much to be honest. That makes keeping it clean so much easier (aside from the opti-coat). I actually looked at my maintenance log, and I drove the car a whopping 491 miles since August 3rd when I changed the oil. I will admit, this is an extreme situation, as I was gone for 3 weeks on vacation in August and put 5,200 miles on a rental. When I came back, I drove another car for 6 weeks for work/school, logged a tick under 5K on that one. I log a lot of miles, just not on my cars
Old 10-12-2017, 09:49 AM   #176

I can only hope my RL could be half as fresh as yours..
teh CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh CL View Post
I can only hope my RL could be half as fresh as yours..
It's not hard, just don't drive it
Old 10-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #178

I'm working on it..
teh CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:35 PM   #179
Registered Member

Quote:
Yikes :/ That sucks man...

Thank you sir! Yup, the car doesn't really get daily-ed much to be honest. That makes keeping it clean so much easier (aside from the opti-coat). I actually looked at my maintenance log, and I drove the car a whopping 491 miles since August 3rd when I changed the oil. I will admit, this is an extreme situation, as I was gone for 3 weeks on vacation in August and put 5,200 miles on a rental. When I came back, I drove another car for 6 weeks for work/school, logged a tick under 5K on that one. I log a lot of miles, just not on my cars
Nice bro, keep it up. Not many super clean KB1 RL's like yours around anymore, I'd preserve it as much as possible. I bought my car as a daily driver since I already have a garage queen, but now that I've had it for a little while, if I could I'd park it like yours and drive an actual beater to work/school.
LS1SSChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:01 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1SSChris View Post
Nice bro, keep it up. Not many super clean KB1 RL's like yours around anymore, I'd preserve it as much as possible. I bought my car as a daily driver since I already have a garage queen, but now that I've had it for a little while, if I could I'd park it like yours and drive an actual beater to work/school.
Thanks man!! I've been noticing the same thing!! Positive note, car is up on the road again, I've pretty much restored all the pictures in my thread, and I hit 100K

Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #181
Registered Member

Love your ride! Wish mine could look just as good!
HDNBenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HDNBenjamin For This Useful Post:
projektvertx (Today)