XM Display

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006 | 07:29 AM
Acura Enthusiast

Question XM Display

Does anyone know how to change the display for the XM stations. The default for mine was XM 1-2 ##. Now it will only show the Category or the Artist. Is there a way to change it back to the default? I dont want to have to hit the Audio button to know what station I am on.
Old 06-20-2006 | 07:35 AM
Acura Enthusiast

Nevermind, I found a Thread that answers the question. I must have hit the Disp_Mode button and it changed what normally displays.
Old 06-27-2006 | 01:45 PM
10th Gear

Navi/XM Display

After having the recall done on my NAVI/RAdio, the XM no longer displays the name of the station, i.e. "Heart", etc. on the NAVI screen. It does for some stations and some of them only display the number of the station. Dealer is clueless about this and says that it always has done that. I have a 2005 RL and I thnk I should know what it displays because I pick from the channels all the time that way. Anybody else having this problem. I need to find an answer so they can fix it.

ASAP, if possible. Car is at dealer now and I need an answer before I pick it up today.

Thanks,
Old 06-28-2006 | 01:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by txaggiemom
After having the recall done on my NAVI/RAdio, the XM no longer displays the name of the station, i.e. "Heart", etc. on the NAVI screen. It does for some stations and some of them only display the number of the station. Dealer is clueless about this and says that it always has done that. I have a 2005 RL and I thnk I should know what it displays because I pick from the channels all the time that way. Anybody else having this problem. I need to find an answer so they can fix it.
I'm having the same issues. I've had it in three times, and they point fingers at XM. XM points fingers back at the Acura dealer. I'm getting pissed, as this is a $45K car, and I'm now paying for a subscription to a radio service that doesn't fully work (and now has commercials). Ugh.

Randy
Old 06-28-2006 | 02:49 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Originally Posted by RandyChicago
I'm having the same issues. I've had it in three times, and they point fingers at XM. XM points fingers back at the Acura dealer. I'm getting pissed, as this is a $45K car, and I'm now paying for a subscription to a radio service that doesn't fully work (and now has commercials). Ugh.

Randy
If it does it for some and not others' I would tend to lean more towards this being an XM issue.
Old 06-28-2006 | 05:10 PM
2007 Lexus GS 350

Why would it be am XM issue? It sounds like you may have a bad XM Unit in the vehicle.

Originally Posted by GoHawks
If it does it for some and not others' I would tend to lean more towards this being an XM issue.
Old 06-28-2006 | 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by dtrose
Why would it be am XM issue? It sounds like you may have a bad XM Unit in the vehicle.
Since it's displaying for some stations and not others it lends me to believe it's a data issue and not a hardware issue. THe system has the ability to display the info since it's doing it for some stations.

Again, it's just my guess. I'm not stating that as fact.

Is it always the same stations? If it is, again I would think it's XM . If it's intermittant where today it works for one station, but then it's a different one, then maybe it's the unit.
Old 06-28-2006 | 09:58 PM
10th Gear

xm display

My xm has always behaved as you describe-some stations appear on the screen with names, others only with numbers. In my car, I can usually get all the names to appear by using the xm band button to switch to the other xm band and then back again to the one I started with or by turning the radio off and then on again-a nuisance but it works!

I suspect that this is an Acura problem. I have had several other xm radios none of which had this problem.
Old 06-29-2006 | 11:58 AM
10th Gear

XM Problems

I had the car to the dealer and they are still scratching their heads. I too can get it to finally work right by toggling between the XM1 & XM2. My daughter has XM in her Honda EX and NO problem so I think it is the hardware. I did NOT have any problem before the did the recall work on it. I think Acura just doesn't know and tries to say it is XM. There isn't even a pattern of what channels it doesn't display properly. I like my presets to tell me the station name so I know what I am looking for.
Old 06-29-2006 | 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by txaggiemom
I had the car to the dealer and they are still scratching their heads. I too can get it to finally work right by toggling between the XM1 & XM2. My daughter has XM in her Honda EX and NO problem so I think it is the hardware. I did NOT have any problem before the did the recall work on it. I think Acura just doesn't know and tries to say it is XM. There isn't even a pattern of what channels it doesn't display properly. I like my presets to tell me the station name so I know what I am looking for.
Well if you've been able to prove that while it's not working on yours, it's working on another car, then it's either a hardware or soft/firmware problem in the unit.
Old 06-29-2006 | 11:33 PM
Instructor

are you speaking of the pre-set labels not properly displaying the station name? Sorry I could not tell if that was the issue. if it is the issue, that problem has been aroud a long time, all the way back to January 2005 when the XM display refresh issues was at its peak. They never did fix it when they corrected the refreshing issue.

It seems to be tied to when the Navi updates the data on the screen. when the traffic info is updates, the pre-set label info will update. sometimes it requires changing from XM1 to XM2 to get the labels to show properly. some times you may just have to change a channel foe them all to upfate. but I have noticed it happens fastest when the traffic data is updated.

that being said, after what us early owners went through getting Acura to acknowledge the display refresh issue, let alone get it corrected, I am more than willing to let this item go. Just give the car some time to acquire the Sat data and then hit the the presets and 9 times out of 10, the display will wok fine - at least until you shut the car off. the upper portion of the display usually works fine though.