Weird problem with XM radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Weird problem with XM radio

Have a 2005 RL with NAV and XM radio -within the last couple of days the in-dash display above the NAV screen where the climate control temp setting, clock, and XM radio channel plus channel name has stopped showing any XM data - only shows the "category", which is useless - when I switch channels the correct info appears for about 3-4 seconds, then disappears to only show the category. I tried contacting XM to see if they stopped transmitting that info but the rep I talked to was clueless about anything technical. In Audio settings I have "channel" selected for how to scan, changed it to "category", but in neither case do I get the display to show what used to be there, channel # and show name. Anyone else seeing this problem, or have had it before and know how to get it back to normal? I guess I could try refreshing the radio, but can't see how that will solve anything.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:50 AM

Received 612 Likes on 490 Posts
Probably the infamous bad solder. I'm on my phone right now, but I believe I put a DIY on how to fix that in the garage.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:36 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by projektvertx
Probably the infamous bad solder. I'm on my phone right now, but I believe I put a DIY on how to fix that in the garage.
Infamous bad solder? No idea what you mean by that - nor what "DIY in the garage" - is that a sticky somewhere here on the site? I assume by replying you've seen or heard of this happening before?
Old 06-24-2017, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by ex_hacker202
Infamous bad solder? No idea what you mean by that - nor what "DIY in the garage" - is that a sticky somewhere here on the site? I assume by replying you've seen or heard of this happening before?
If you look on the 2G RL landing page, there are a few stickies threads at the top (not the subsections). One of them is the 2G Garage which has many threads within it.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:54 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by projektvertx
If you look on the 2G RL landing page, there are a few stickies threads at the top (not the subsections). One of them is the 2G Garage which has many threads within it.
I found the page you're talking about, and it's chock full of little quirks my RL has - excited to start finding answers, I clicked on a bunch of the links here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...quirks-495897/

Clicked on the XM radio quirk:

POST UPDATE: The XM radio and track information is slow to be refreshed.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367

but it's a dead link - in fact, they're all dead - this is the error message I get:vBulletin Message
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Pretty disappointing - don't know whether those links are valid or not as far as the server is concerned, but it's missing "second-generation-rl-2005-2012-76", and hand copying that into the link just redirects me to the original broken link. Guess I'll have to contact the admin and see why they don't work.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:00 PM

I found the page you're talking about, and it's chock full of little quirks my RL has - excited to start finding answers, I clicked on a bunch of the links here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...quirks-495897/

Clicked on the XM radio quirk:

POST UPDATE: The XM radio and track information is slow to be refreshed.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367

but it's a dead link - in fact, they're all dead - this is the error message I get:vBulletin Message
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Pretty disappointing - don't know whether those links are valid or not as far as the server is concerned, but it's missing "second-generation-rl-2005-2012-76", and hand copying that into the link just redirects me to the original broken link. Guess I'll have to contact the admin and see why they don't work.
Some of those threads are older and as you saw contain dead links. I've been trying to work on updating them and the garage as they come and implementing some of the newer things that have popped up over th years. Thanks for pointing that one out to me.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:58 AM
Advanced

Can you post in this thread or send me a PM when you get around to updating those old broken links, and perhaps put some sort of announcement on the main 2nd Gen RL forum page to tell everyone that they've been fixed? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to be able to access those old threads and discover solutions to some niggling problems they have. TIA.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:48 PM

Can you post in this thread or send me a PM when you get around to updating those old broken links, and perhaps put some sort of announcement on the main 2nd Gen RL forum page to tell everyone that they've been fixed? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to be able to access those old threads and discover solutions to some niggling problems they have. TIA.
Ill post a reply here when I finish all the updates. Thanks for pointing it out!