Verizon Motorola Q

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Verizon Motorola Q

Hello,

Just posted a thread entitled "Proud New owner!!!" Hope you read it and find it helpful to you.

I was wondering if anyone here has the Motorola Q by Verizon? I was wondering if it's compatable with the RL's bluetooth and how well it works w/ it. If someone could let me know i'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
Old 06-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Not specific to the Motorola Q but Motorola phones have been touchy (especially the CDMA ones with 'crippled' Bluetooth). I believe the RAZR V7c is better but still not up to RIM Blackberry devices...

Note that I now blame Acura as much as the phone manufacturers. The new Audi Q7 was able to download the phonebook (or quick list) from my Treo 650 in real time vs. the TL/RL only using the phone as a dialing device.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Cruisin'

This is an excellent question as I am wanting to purchase the Q to go with my RL delivery next week. Can anyone provide insight?
Old 06-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Intermediate

The only insight i can provide is that it's currently in testing. If you go to acurahandsfreelink.com --> click on Find a Phone. And after you put in info. about which carrier, etc... You'll see on the left hand side phones that are currently in testing. The Q is one of them. The question i have now is how long will it take for them to fully test and determine if it'll be a good fit or not???

I'm almost positive it should be compatable. However, i'm skeptical of taking that risk b/c you never know. I currently have the Treo 650 w/ Sprint, but i'm looking to switch over to Verizon for better coverage and the Q!!!! :-) So i wouldn't want to go through all that trouble and then it not work out. I'm really iching to get it like NOW!!!! Very cool phone.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Proud Acura Owner

I have the Motorola Q from Verizon for a little over three weeks now and it works with my 2006 RL. It is slightly different from my Treo 700w because it actually connects to HF LINK, goes back to the radio and then reconnects to HF LINK before the caller can actually hear you. I hope that made sense.

It does not connect to the phonebook on the phone. It does however pick up the remaining battery life which is a feature I did not have with my Treo700w.

I hope this helps.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Intermediate

plushter77,

So in all that you said, is that the same thing as in you having to say "transfer" everything you make an outgoing call?? Incoming is fine it prompts you saying that you have an incoming call, but w/ outgoing you have to transfer it everytime.

Also the battery indicator is a nice feature.