samsung a900 bluetooth compatability

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
samsung a900 bluetooth compatability

got the new sprint samsung a900 (blade). was told by hands free link that couldn't pair with rl. thanks to colin at honolulu acura and tsx forum i was able to download a firmware update (go to settings under menu and select software update). took about 10 minutes and then hfl was good to go. only problem is i can't hang up the phone at the end of the call by pressing back. i either have to manually press end on the cell or wait for the other caller to hang up. also have to program the hfl phonebook, can't copy over from cell phonebook. the voice recognition works well on the hfl.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Glad to hear you could get the phone to partially work. The 3G TL members have a discussion on this and if I am not mistaken the hangup button does not work for them either.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by surfer rick
got the new sprint samsung a900 (blade). was told by hands free link that couldn't pair with rl. thanks to colin at honolulu acura and tsx forum i was able to download a firmware update (go to settings under menu and select software update). took about 10 minutes and then hfl was good to go. only problem is i can't hang up the phone at the end of the call by pressing back. i either have to manually press end on the cell or wait for the other caller to hang up. also have to program the hfl phonebook, can't copy over from cell phonebook. the voice recognition works well on the hfl.

I just bought the SAMSUNG A900 phone as well. What software version do I need?

Thanks!

Teresa
Old 01-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by My_1st_Ac
I just bought the SAMSUNG A900 phone as well. What software version do I need?

Thanks!

Teresa

Never mind. I read the TL thread. I did the update and it now works!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:07 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

Hey guys. I too have an A900. I just spent an hour on the phone with Samsung. They are blaming the end call feature on the type of bluetooth software that the RL and TL use.

He said that they do not plan to have any additional bluetooth update to correct this problem. So I asked him what cars the phone worked with. He said that they work with the Chryslers, but they don't work with Toyota, Lexus, BMW or Acura. Seems like Samsung choose the wrong bluetooth technology to implement.

His only suggestion was to push Acura to update their bluetooth. How can we find out if Acura is contemplating such an update? Do you guys have any ideas?

I got somewhat pissed at him because my last phone (LG PM 325) worked flawlessly with the HFL.

It really is to bad too because I really like the features of A900.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
hi guys, the firmware update is downloaded by going to the settings, going to #8 (others), then going to #8 software update. i went to a conference on maui last week and when i came back to oahu the bluetooth had crapped out. i took the phone down to sprint and after troubleshooting for 1 hour they told me they needed to get a replacement phone. i agree the issue is with the samsung phone, i'll keep you updated when i get my new a900. up until then it was working great and everyone commented on how clear the reception was at the other end of the conversation.

surfer rick
Old 01-24-2006, 02:28 PM
5th Gear

Rick,

Did you experience issues with the end call button on the steering wheel acting as a flash button?

Also, I have had multiple false incomming calls ringing on the HFL. When I paired it to my wife's TL her HFL gives me false incomming calls every few minutes.

I assume that no one has been totally successful in operating the A900 with any Acura HFL. Right?

Steve
Old 02-01-2006, 02:43 PM
10th Gear

Not all phones work well, just got the Motorolla V3 Razor and it works great... All features including the hang up function...