Navigation / Audio Intermittent issues & bugs & freeze ups. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation / Audio Intermittent issues & bugs & freeze ups. Please help!

Hi all,

I have a 2008 Base Rl and I recently upgraded to Nav by swapping out the DVD drive with a drive from a salvaged '06 Rl (Ebay). The drive did not come with a disc so I got the 4.92 disc from a *free* site and burned the image on a DVD-DL disc. Initially, everything worked great. It loaded new firmware for a few minutes and then I was able to use the system! The only thing that did not work was Acuralink which I read somewhere that I would need to swap out the XM tuner with one that had Acuralink.
Here's the problem. Recently, I've started to come across some weird flaky issues that are inconsistent. I'm going to list some of these issues.

1. The map is shown on the screen. If the audio is turned off and I press the audio button, nothing happens.
2. Xm Radio is playing. On the audio screen, the display shows the artist, song, track of an older song. (not updating info). Also, if I change presets (1-6), it does not update the screen to show the new channel or song info. Lastly, if I adjust the volume knob, it does not reflect on the screen.
3. Sometimes when I start up the system, I notice that the color scheme has changed and the cursor is not pointing in the direction I'm going (my preference). When I press Menu, "Go Home" and "Address Book" are grayed out. It appears like the system loses all my configuration and goes back to factory defaults. But then it is later restored (like I said, intermittent issues!)
4. System freezes or stutters at times.

The examples above are not the only things. New and interesting issues are constantly popping up. I think temperature may have something to do with the issues. On colder days, the system works better or even perfect. I'm just speculating though.

Here are my questions please:

1. Do you guys think this a DVD drive issue? If not, what?
2. Being that this is an install I did and the part is from an '06 Rl, would the Dealer help me or cover this under Factory warranty? Should I even mention to them that I installed the drive or let them figure it out?
3. Off topic, can you guys tell me how to get the AcuraLink working please?

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance for your expertise!
Paul
Old 11-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Part of your problem may be that your fob is not paired. That would explain item #3.
This could also happen in the following situation:
fob1 drives car with fob1 settings
fob1 locks car after driving
fob2 unlocks car and car goes to fob2 settings
fob2 does not lock car after driving
fob1 gets in car without unlocking to drive
fob2 settings will remain
Old 12-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had the same #3 problem, i changed the batterys in the fob and now it works fine, no problems, sorry cant hope you out with anything else.