MP3 and WMA Tracks on DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question MP3 and WMA Tracks on DVD?

While I have been putting about 7 CDs on DVD-Audio format (full resolution WAV files) for use in the car, I was wondering if one could put MP3s and WMAs on a DVD-R disc. I have tried MP3s, WMAs and lossless WMAs on a DVD-R but the audio system just ejected them without playing a single note.

Are CDs the only option for MP3s and WMAs? I have burned one CD for testing purposes but noticed that lossless WMAs don't work and those WMAs that worked had a longer delay before playing. Would anyone have similar (or different) experience? Any recommendations?
Old 04-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Asian07RL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used DVD-Audio Extractor 4.2.2 to burn 2 hours DVD video music into MP3 format on DVD-R and able to listen to in my RL.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AsianTL
I used DVD-Audio Extractor 4.2.2 to burn 2 hours DVD video music into MP3 format on DVD-R and able to listen to in my RL.
Did you also try to encode your ripped audio into 5.1 using DVD Audio Solo? If not, it would be a waste of the car's excellent DVD-A system.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Asian07RL

Originally Posted by kenny5
Did you also try to encode your ripped audio into 5.1 using DVD Audio Solo? If not, it would be a waste of the car's excellent DVD-A system.
I did not try that (5.1) because my original DVD music video is not recorded in 5.1 surround sound.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Asian07RL

Originally Posted by AsianTL
I did not try that (5.1) because my original DVD music video is not recorded in 5.1 surround sound.
if your original DVD has 5.1 audio format, the DVD Audio Extractor 4.2.2 can convert to 5.1 MP3 format.

Here is the info:

DVD Audio Extractor is a powerful software DVD audio extracting / ripping tool. It can help you to extract audio streams from your favorite DVDs and save them as OGG, MP3, Wave or FLAC files. DVD Audio Extractor can also demux audio streams directly to pcm, mpa, ac3 or dts files. The newly added CD Image creating feature allows you to convert DVD to Audio CD in one step.

DVD Audio Extractor features on its easy-to-use interface, ultra-fast extracting speed, rich audio formats support, multi-channel capability, resample to arbitrary sample rate, audio preview and much more. It's all what you needed to get audios out of DVD-Video discs, so that you can listen on MP3 Player, play on PC, record to CD or do anything else.

Features

Easy-to-use user interface
DVD Audio Extractor is designed in sense of easy use. The program comes with a step by step wizard-like interface and all the functions can be used by simple mouse clicks.

Ultra-fast extracting speed
With its fully optimized processing engine, DVD Audio Extractor can convert selected audio tracks within 10% of the playback time. (Note: processing time differs for different audio format settings)

Support all DVD audio formats
DVD Audio Extractor can decode all the audio formats available on DVD-Video: Dolby Digital (AC-3), MPEG1/2, Linear PCM (any 16, 20 or 24 bit, 48000 or 96000 Hz sample rate, 1 to 8 channels), and DTS (Digital Theater Systems).

Support multiple output formats
DVD Audio Extractor is able to encode to several formats: OGG (Mono, Stereo or 5.1 Surround), MP3 (Mono, Stereo or Joint Stereo), Uncompressed PCM Wave (unlimited channel, 8 bits, 16 bits or 24 bits, with an option to save each channel to separate file), and FLAC. You can also demux audio stream from the DVD stream and save them as separate files.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Asian07RL

Deleted (Duplicate)
Old 04-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AsianTL, thanks for your replies and info. Assuming you are of Chinese descent, I heard that current DVD concert videos from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong are usually recorded with DTS or at least Digital Dolby Surround. So, if you have the current videos, you can rip the 5.1 audio from them and then write with DVD Solo onto DVD-R discs.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Instructor

Question DTS to DVD-A

Originally Posted by kenny5
(...) usually recorded with DTS or at least Digital Dolby Surround. So, if you have the current videos, you can rip the 5.1 audio from them and then write with DVD Solo onto DVD-R discs.
Hmm, good idea. Except that, as far as I can see, DVD Audio Extractor extracts DTS only in PCM and DVD Solo does not accept that format.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up DTS to DVD-Audio Conversion

Correction, there was only one DTS file that DVD Audio Extractor could not handle. Weird. The rest of the DVD went without problems; I converted the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" surround DVD and it is very nice in the car. Even though I am not a huge Eagles fan, I have to say that this DVD probably has one of the best surround I have ever heard.