Disk and Track Titles - plesant surprise

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disk and Track Titles - plesant surprise

Recently, I posted that I had been ripping music to my laptop using EAC with AUTOFLAC...into the flac format.

Subsequently, I burned some disks from those flac files and discovered that both disk and track titles on these disks show up in my '05RL's display.

I'm no expert at doing all of this. I tried to burn the disks with EAC, but something I did when ripping caused the cue files to not work...and I don't have time or patience to figure out repairing those files even though I found an open source program that's supposed to do that.

So, I tried out Media Jukebox 12 and got good results.

Anyway, getting this information to display on my homemade disks after purchasing all that DVDAudio that never displayed anything is a pleasant surprise.

I wonder why disk makers don't provide this kind of information...and they wonder why CD sales are falling.

When the tracks play, I notice that the display doesn't scroll to follow the currently played tract.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This may be a little OT but. Im looking for info on burning my mp3s to a DVD disc to play in the car. I know it will not play it as a data CD and I need to convert them to WAV files first. I cant find any easy way to do this. Any suggestions?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:27 AM
2005 Acura RL ASpec

Originally Posted by Juiced46
This may be a little OT but. Im looking for info on burning my mp3s to a DVD disc to play in the car. I know it will not play it as a data CD and I need to convert them to WAV files first. I cant find any easy way to do this. Any suggestions?
My 05 RL plays data MP3 discs and shows the text in the display. The only thing I hate about MP3 discs is when your listening to a mixtape and the song continues onto a next track, there is a pause in between each track that I can't get rid of.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Intermediate

Mine will play data MP3 CDs, but not a data MP3 DVD.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by triniexr
My 05 RL plays data MP3 discs and shows the text in the display. The only thing I hate about MP3 discs is when your listening to a mixtape and the song continues onto a next track, there is a pause in between each track that I can't get rid of.
depends on the burning software you use, you can set pause between each file to distinguish the tracks....

DVD audio only allow 99 songs per disc (in .wav format).... the DVD playing in our HU plays DVD-Audio format not DVD-data format..... with CDs, you can burn ~150 songs to one disc with proper tags and labels if you fix them before you burn them onto the disc.... with 6 CDs full of mp3 music that's ~900 songs....

it's a PITA to burn DVD-A (you need DiscWelder Chrome or other DVD-A software to do it), lot more steps to take than mp3s on CD..... I know this cuz my 05 TL can only take DVD-A and not mp3 CD.....
Old 05-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Advanced

psheu -
Originally Posted by psheu
...with CDs, you can burn ~150 songs to one disc with proper tags and labels if you fix them before you burn them onto the disc.... with 6 CDs full of mp3 music that's ~900 songs....
Please elaborate. What do you mean by proper tags and labels if you fix them before you burn them onto the disc?

Thanks,
Old 05-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DennisA
psheu -

Please elaborate. What do you mean by proper tags and labels if you fix them before you burn them onto the disc?

Thanks,
well, make sure the proper file name is in place before you burn the mp3 songs onto the cd.... some mp3 players use tag imbedded in the mp3 files.... if you edit the tag, might as well edit the name of the songs.... some burner arrange the mp3 songs by their title alphabetically.... with 150 songs/cd, it's a good idea to arrange them accordingly....
Old 05-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Advanced

well, make sure the proper file name is in place before you burn the mp3 songs onto the cd.... some mp3 players use tag imbedded in the mp3 files.... if you edit the tag, might as well edit the name of the songs.... some burner arrange the mp3 songs by their title alphabetically.... with 150 songs/cd, it's a good idea to arrange them accordingly....
Got it. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Instructor

Arrow Burn DVD-A Easily

depends on the burning software you use, you can set pause between each file to distinguish the tracks....

DVD audio only allow 99 songs per disc (in .wav format).... the DVD playing in our HU plays DVD-Audio format not DVD-data format..... with CDs, you can burn ~150 songs to one disc with proper tags and labels if you fix them before you burn them onto the disc.... with 6 CDs full of mp3 music that's ~900 songs....

it's a PITA to burn DVD-A (you need DiscWelder Chrome or other DVD-A software to do it), lot more steps to take than mp3s on CD..... I know this cuz my 05 TL can only take DVD-A and not mp3 CD.....
psheu, note that ULead Burn.Now will burn DVD-A discs pretty easily (drag, drop and burn). You only have to ensure that you have the appropriate version of the software. I got that info from this forum actually and have been using it for a while on both my previous TL and my current RL. Note also that you can go above 99 songs but you have to create groups and not all software can handle that. I found that the 99 songs limit is not such a big deal though given that 99 WAV songs will use a big part of a DVD.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Instructor

Question MP3 ID Tags

Originally Posted by triniexr
My 05 RL plays data MP3 discs and shows the text in the display. (...)
triniexr, do you mean that RL will display the MP3 file names or the actual MP3 ID tags (album, artist, title)? My RL only displays file names and not the embedded ID tags (regrettably).
Old 05-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sylvain
psheu, note that ULead Burn.Now will burn DVD-A discs pretty easily (drag, drop and burn). You only have to ensure that you have the appropriate version of the software. I got that info from this forum actually and have been using it for a while on both my previous TL and my current RL. Note also that you can go above 99 songs but you have to create groups and not all software can handle that. I found that the 99 songs limit is not such a big deal though given that 99 WAV songs will use a big part of a DVD.
agree totally and great find, I'm gonna try that software next time.... with ~40 - 60mb each song for .wav, more than 99 songs will be pushing it.... most single layer DVD disc is ~4.5GB or 4500mb.... I wish the software can decode the chinese characters also.... I put in a chinese mp3 cd.... and the HU gave me a long pause cuz they don't know what to make of it and the text is all messed up cuz of the different character sets.... normally, HU will say the title of the disc under the audio menu.....

anyone know if we can insert extra fonts and character sets into our Navi DVD and force the boot strapper to load them? just wondering....