Disconnected battery cables, nav Address Book was temporarily grayed out.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 04:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 209 Likes on 168 Posts
Disconnected battery cables, nav Address Book was temporarily grayed out.

Disconnected the battery cables for about 10 minutes. Reconnected, started up, everything working fine. Forgot my favored steering wheel position, so I reset that. Nav came up and asked me for the PIN. I put in the 4-digit number that's worked before, and it gave me a pink screen of text that said the nav had lost power and needed about 10 minutes to reconnect with the GPS satellites. Several minutes later, I had a nav map. All normal up to that point.

Weird part was this: Then it was graying out the Address Book. It wasn't that it forgot the previous addresses—I could see on one screen that it remembered them. But it was denying me access to all Address Book functions. I could enter an address and use the nav, but I couldn't view the Address Book. When I went to Personal Information, it was grayed out there too.

Shut it off. Pondered. Started it up to see if Hands Free Link remembered the phone and its numbers. Yep, all perfect. Turned on the nav. Address Book magically restored.

As someone said on another thread, as with any electronic device, if it's screwing up, try turning it off and turning it on. Happy ending. Go figure.