Diagnostic errors in Nav screen and other electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 12:49 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Diagnostic errors in Nav screen and other electrical issues

Hi, 2006 RL here. Had the same problem with the new nav DVD going into inline diagnostic mode at power up, but the hold-MAP key trick posted here solved that. However, it appears that there is still something wrong. When I do diagnostics on the Navi System - the XM(HIP) and HFL boxes are red - everything else is green. Anyone else experience this?

Two other interesting issues:
1) The sunroof switch no longer auto-opens/auto-closes. The second position forward/close doesn't kick it into auto mode, and it becomes difficult to close now because I have to go forward/backward/forward/backward just the right amount so it seals properly.

2) When pulling the hi-beams lever, they don't stay on. Only way to keep them on is to hold the lever back. I don't think it was always this way, was it? I thought it was a toggle. Pull once for on. Pull again for off.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by gadgetinspector
2) When pulling the hi-beams lever, they don't stay on. Only way to keep them on is to hold the lever back. I don't think it was always this way, was it? I thought it was a toggle. Pull once for on. Pull again for off.
Pulling the lever is for 'flash to pass'.

PUSH the lever forward and it will lock into Highbeams ON.

It is a Honda trait.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:08 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gadget - perform these steps to resolve your sunroof issue (it happened to my 05 RL as well):

1. Start the car
2. Press and hold the moonroof switch to the first click and hold until the moonroof opens all the way and you hear the relay "click" - count to 3
3. Press and hold the moonroof switch to the first click and hold until the moonroof closes completely and you hear the relay "click" - count to 3
4. The one touch worked again.

He advised that when the RL senses the battery dropping below a certain level, it begins to "shut down" features it considers non-essentials. I asked him for a list of what the car considers non-essential, but he didnt have it handy at the time.