bluetooth link broken or ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 07:13 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetooth link broken or ??

HELLO ALL,

I am very new to this forums. And same with my 2006 Acura RL. I have setup my bluetooth with the HFL. It was working fine until from past 2 days. It dose link perfectly fine. I get the ring when I am getting a phone call, but when i answer it, nothing happens. Its goes blank. It was working perfectly fine. Even if i call someone manually from my phone and try to switch to blue tooth nothing happens( the manual switch to HFL thing used to work as well) now it does not. Any suggestions what I can do ?? thank you...i Tried linking another phone and that works fine....so what could be wrong with my phone that its not picking it up ??
Old 01-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Congrats on the RL and welcome.

Not all Bluetooth enabled phones are compatible / fully compatible with the RL and / or all of the HandsFreeLink features. They may link, but compatibility is not universal.

Go to this website and check you car with your cell carrier. It will then filter for which phone models under your carrier are compatible with your 06RL. Not all phones will work with all HFL and AcuraLink features, but many will handle the basics.

If your phone is an older model, be sure to check the test archives. If it is a brand new model, it may not yet have been tested by Acura with the RL. This usually takes 6 months or so.

http://www.acura.com/HandsFreeLink.aspx

Also...for all technology features, set up info and online manuals, be sure to set up MyAcura.com and register with your VIN.

*Greetings: At sea bound for Buenos Aires*

Last edited by TampaRLX-SH; 01-18-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:57 PM
10th Gear

Thank for your reply sir, My quick question is, How did it worked before and all of a sudden stop working. Its worked for almost a week and then stoped...so that makes me curious...any idea why that would happen...and i did check the webiste you gave...its not compatible...i.e my phone...but just curious...that it worked for a week and now all of a sudden it stoped ??
Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Short answer is, I do not know.

That model phone / carrier may not have passed test with Acura HFL for that very reason - the pairing gets dropped or corrupted.

Again, not every phone with Bluetooth is compatible fully, partially or even reliably with the Acura HFL.

I shopped my phone using the Acura HFL site to determine which phones would work and which features would be utilized.

*Greetings: At sea bound for Buenos Aires*

Last edited by TampaRLX-SH; 01-18-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:32 PM
10th Gear

Thank you sir, Looks like that thing got corrupted or something...I guess time to shop for a new phone...LOL...thanks again..
Old 01-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Did you try rebooting your phone?
Try to reset the system, delete your phone and add it again, see if it helps.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:23 PM
10th Gear

how would i reset the system ??
Old 01-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Try pairing a friend's phone that is on the "OK" list and see if it works. If it does, the problem may be with the bluetooth module.

LL
Old 01-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by acura06max
HELLO ALL,
Any suggestions what I can do ?? thank you...i Tried linking another phone and that works fine....so what could be wrong with my phone that its not picking it up ??
I have noticed when phones come out with software updates, in my case the iphone, little quirky things do come up. I'm not sure which phone you are using, but it seems like it might be phone related, considering the other phone you tested works okay.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

^^^ Indeed.

I have added virtually no additional applications to my phone, but it appears over time, as updates are pushed out, it gets more buggy and slow.

There could be numerous reasons why the OP phone initially worked. Switching between BT devices can cause profile conflicts and when returning to the HFL profile, it will not engage.

Ultimately, the OP states his phone is NOT compatible with the RL HFL, so even if it initially worked, it is not reliable in the long run.

In fact, for a short time I had a Palm TREO which was listed on the website as compatible and PASSED test. In fact, every time I entered or exited the RL I had to manually toggle off the HFL profile or the TREO would not operate as a handheld phone. Needless to say, I returned the TREO and moved onto my Moto Q9h with works flawlessly with my RL. Soon afterwards I saw the TREO flagged as NOT compatible with my RL on the HFL website.

To complicate matters further, it is not simply a hardware issue. Different carriers monkey with the phone flash which may affect the HFL performance carrier to carrier.

I would recommend a test of the HFL (and DataLink if you desire) at the phone store when shopping a phone you wish compatible with your RL.

*Greetings from Buenos Aires*
Old 01-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Go to setup and remove the phone, try adding it back again and see if it works.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Reseting (rebooting) usually cures most evils
Old 01-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Originally Posted by getakey
Reseting (rebooting) usually cures most evils
sorry meant to say:
Reseting (rebooting) the phone usually cures most evils
Old 01-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
So the summary of all this is

1. Remove the phone from HFL
2. Remove the battery from the phone to power down, put battery back in to power up the phone
3. Pair the phone again with HFL
4. Hope for the best....

I forgot, also check to see if there is a firmware update for your phone, but that is independent of the steps above.

Tampa is correct, it really depends on the particular phone. My wife's phone never really worked, even though the Acura HFL website said it did. It would never make the first call, or receive the first call correctly. Then it would work.

She just got a new phone...Verizon LG env3....and did not check to see if HFL is compatible. Of course it was not compatible. Strangely enough, we were able to pair the phone, make calls and receive calls, so we can only hope it continues to work.