Was that wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:15 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Question Was that wrong?

Like George asked when being fired for having sex with the cleaning woman. (Seinfeld)

See, my wife and I came out from lunch today to find a large dualie pickup with its nose mashed into the nose of my RL. (The cars in this lot park nose-to-nose, with no divider). It was mashed in enough that when I put the RL in reverse and backed off, the truck actually rocked.

So I got out to check for damage, and thanks to the license plate mount, he didn't get into the bumper. But it annoyed me enough that I must admit I started kicking the front end of the pickup with some vigor. Enough that I got off balance and fell onto the hood of my car in the process.

As I composed myself and walked back to my RL, I noticed the guy sitting in the next car looking at me strangely.

So ... was that wrong? (Not that I give a damn. )

Old 05-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
i would have done the same exact thing. I HATE large SUVs/trucks or really crappy cars parked next to mine, especially when they don't give a rats ass about your car. one time, there was a really piece of sh** van that parked next to me, and i was still in the car, and in the process of opening his door, he hit my sideview mirror. these idiots
Old 05-23-2007, 01:53 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
I totally feel your pain and would have done the same.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:06 PM
'06 RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, Mike, that was wrong.

You might have hurt your foot or scuffed your shoes.

Use a brick instead, next time.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Good thing you did not dent your hood!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_TX
So I got out to check for damage, and thanks to the license plate mount, he didn't get into the bumper. But it annoyed me enough that I must admit I started kicking the front end of the pickup with some vigor. Enough that I got off balance and fell onto the hood of my car in the process.
Thank you, Mike, I got my healthy belly laugh of the day out of that.

I would have considered doing the same. What a prick that idiot was to park like that! Some people have no basic respect for others.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:32 PM
01 CL_S SMR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes it was wrong, the wife did not join in, you should have made her kick as well. Next time make sure it is a family activity, I would have done the same thing.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:47 PM
UrLEGEND

LOL!!! Thats funny. Thats why everywhere I go I try to stragedize my parking situation like I was in a supercar/exotic or something. Or else suffer the dreaded door dings, shopping carts or in your case thoughtless people. Door dings are my pet peeve
Old 05-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Hey you're from Texas, why not simply put a bullet through his radiator!
I had an instance where a woman on a lexus drove into a parking spot from the opposite parking lane so she could steal the spot I had been patiently waiting for another car to vacate. Although I had never done this, I dutifully waited and then proceeded to key the entire side of her car to the bare metal from front to rear, I though it was a better course of action than punching her in the face. Another ultimate vengance that I have witnessed is to pour battery acid over a car (popularized on Basic Instinct) since it not only totally ruins the paint but it thoroughly oxidizes the metal if not fixed promptly.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:39 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by RL06tech
Hey you're from Texas, why not simply put a bullet through his radiator!
I had an instance where a woman on a lexus drove into a parking spot from the opposite parking lane so she could steal the spot I had been patiently waiting for another car to vacate. Although I had never done this, I dutifully waited and then proceeded to key the entire side of her car to the bare metal from front to rear, I though it was a better course of action than punching her in the face. Another ultimate vengance that I have witnessed is to pour battery acid over a car (popularized on Basic Instinct) since it not only totally ruins the paint but it thoroughly oxidizes the metal if not fixed promptly.
Well ... I was pissed, but keying and pouring battery acid on cars is a little strong for me and I can't recommend that.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
For this reason keep a thermonuclear device in the trunk of my car.

No evidence, no witnesses.

Mike, you must be the magnet for Acura assaults. The TL isn't even back yet from the hail damage.

Might I recommend you and the wifey order in pizza and keep the Acuras in the garage?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:10 PM
'06 RL

Mike -- Have you considered adding steer horns to the hood of your RL, to provide protection from these sorts of assaults in the future?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:18 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by jftjr
Mike -- Have you considered adding steer horns to the hood of your RL, to provide protection from these sorts of assaults in the future?
Oh ... you mean I was supposed to put those on the hood?

Old 05-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Advanced

Mike and RL06tech, you guys have to grow up. Get some maturity!

Instead of being so vicious with other people's property, simply follow the asshole home. Get their address. Next, put an ad in the paper listing that house for sale. Put in the ad, owner can only show the house after 9Pm night, Monday through Sunday; appointments not necessary.

On a serious note, I was parked in the lot while shopping at Wal-Mart. When I came out, I found a vertical scratch (approx 14" in length) running down my back bumper. It was caused by a coin or ring, not a shopping cart.

After three estimates, I ended up spending $450 for repair.

So, I share your pain!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Proboscis-free zone

Hmmm...my psychiatrist friend tells me that drivers of dualie pickups and monster SUVs are usually compensating for something. (They seem to have trouble parking correctly as well, as you point out Mike.)

So...be glad in the knowledge that, as an RL owner, you're obviously a bigger man than he is!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I don't know what I'd do in that situation. No doubt the big ol' truck driver had no clue he'd made contact with another car.

I did once chase after a guy who dinged my Accord fender pretty darn hard. I got his business card and never did anything about it.

Another monkey dinged my Legend in a non-PDR spot. I was thinking about gum in the keyhole and all that, but the offending car was such a pile of crap that nothing would have made a difference. And retaliation just isn't my way (though it can be fun to think about).

On the other hand, I'm guilty of having a dinged a car quite by accident (I didn't account for a strong wind and the door flew open), so even considerate drivers are sometimes culprits.

My defense is to try to park strategically. I'd rather walk a little and admire my car from a distance than wedge into a nearby spot and risk dents and dings. If I'm with the wifey, I drop her off where we're going and hunt down a suitable parking spot.

Rob144
Old 05-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Pro

I would not have wasted my strength nor run the risk of ruining my shoes by kicking his car. Instead, I would have left him a "nice" message (IN LARGE BOLD TYPEFACE) on a huge piece of paper and crazy glued it to his windshield.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
what are you doing, and what are those things on your car?

Originally Posted by RLuvr08
LOL!!! Thats funny. Thats why everywhere I go I try to stragedize my parking situation like I was in a supercar/exotic or something. Or else suffer the dreaded door dings, shopping carts or in your case thoughtless people. Door dings are my pet peeve
Old 05-23-2007, 11:58 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by kenny5
I would not have wasted my strength nor run the risk of ruining my shoes by kicking his car. Instead, I would have left him a "nice" message (IN LARGE BOLD TYPEFACE) on a huge piece of paper and crazy glued it to his windshield.
Someone posted this awhile ago on here and now I always keep a few of them in my car just in case.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VOdoc
Hmmm...my psychiatrist friend tells me that drivers of dualie pickups and monster SUVs are usually compensating for something. (They seem to have trouble parking correctly as well, as you point out Mike.)

So...be glad in the knowledge that, as an RL owner, you're obviously a bigger man than he is!
Ooh, I hate those jacked up trucks. Most of them tailgate and think that they own the road or something. Same goes for a lot of the full size SUV's and trucks as well. Yea, I think they are compensating for something. Those truck porcupines...lol
Old 05-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Trackruner228
Someone posted this awhile ago on here and now I always keep a few of them in my car just in case.
LOL That's awesome. Time to print some copies.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:33 AM
'06 RL

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Oh ... you mean I was supposed to put those on the hood?

They don't generate enough downforce to mount them on the rear?

Old 05-24-2007, 01:23 AM
UrLEGEND

Originally Posted by synth19
what are you doing, and what are those things on your car?

Thats not me. Thats the paintless dent repair guy removing a ding. Those things on my car is some sort of tool to help balance light to see the ding/dent. He did an excellent job BTW.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
i drive a 2G CL and a dodge ram 1500, and for the longest time i always hated SUVs and Pickups because they drove and parked like complete asses. so now that i drive a pickup as well i always take into consideration where and how i park. the 1500 is no easy truck to park, it's pretty large. so i tend to go to the end of aisles or where there are a lot of empty spots to avoid damaging my truck and other cars. it just makes things easier for me and i don't really care walking the extra minute.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Gotcha. thanks

Originally Posted by RLuvr08
Thats not me. Thats the paintless dent repair guy removing a ding. Those things on my car is some sort of tool to help balance light to see the ding/dent. He did an excellent job BTW.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:06 AM
office monkey

I think the kicking of the front was justified.

That dude who keyed the car cuz of the parking space...come on man that's lame. I am sure if you did that (and you probably have without knowing it) you would be pretty pissed if someone keyed your car. Talk about road rage. To be perfectly honest I think anyone who would do that is justified in being crippled or killed.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Trackruner228
THANK YOU, I JUST PRINTED COPIES AND PUT IN MY GLOVEBOX OF CAR. WHEN I PUT IT ON THE WINDSHIELD I WILL FACE IT TOWARD THE DRIVER. ADD A LITTLE OIL FROM THE (DIPSTICK OF MY CAR) TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAPER, BY WINDSHIELD WIPER, SO WHEN THEY TURN IT ON TO SWEEP IT AWAY THEY NOW COAT THEIR WINDSHIELD WITH OIL. GOOD LUCK SEEING
Old 05-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Rob L
I think the kicking of the front was justified.

That dude who keyed the car cuz of the parking space...come on man that's lame. I am sure if you did that (and you probably have without knowing it) you would be pretty pissed if someone keyed your car. Talk about road rage. To be perfectly honest I think anyone who would do that is justified in being crippled or killed.
If you were in line in a theater for 15minutes and some aho decided he was going to push you over so he could get in front of you before the theater was full, I guess you would non chalantly offer him your space! The reason there are people like that is that there just as many pushovers willing to tolerate that kind of behaivior! Road rage definitely. However I find it hard to call it irrational rage when someone is deliberately being an asshole. Being a deliberate asshole should have deliberate consequences.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by backfire
THANK YOU, I JUST PRINTED COPIES AND PUT IN MY GLOVEBOX OF CAR. WHEN I PUT IT ON THE WINDSHIELD I WILL FACE IT TOWARD THE DRIVER. ADD A LITTLE OIL FROM THE (DIPSTICK OF MY CAR) TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAPER, BY WINDSHIELD WIPER, SO WHEN THEY TURN IT ON TO SWEEP IT AWAY THEY NOW COAT THEIR WINDSHIELD WITH OIL. GOOD LUCK SEEING

PRICELESS. I printed my own!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
There is a special place in hell for people that are considerate with their car doors.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Or Maybe leave a message like this

To the driver of vehicle (put in the license number). I'm not certain that you are aware that when you parked you jammed and locked your front bumper to mine. Not wanting to cause any more damage to eiither vehicle I called a tow truck and the police. There are pictures available at the local police station for your insurance. The police said they will send the citation to the adress listed on this vehciles registration and my insurance company will get the address form the police and will be contacting you about any estimate for damages and reimbursement for the tow truck. If you are not the registered owner, it is my understanding from the police that that person is financialy responsible so you may want to contact them about the citation and insurance lien.

Thanks you for your time and consideration.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Benush
To the driver of vehicle (put in the license number). I'm not certain that you are aware that when you parked you jammed and locked your front bumper to mine. Not wanting to cause any more damage to eiither vehicle I called a tow truck and the police. There are pictures available at the local police station for your insurance. The police said they will send the citation to the adress listed on this vehciles registration and my insurance company will get the address form the police and will be contacting you about any estimate for damages and reimbursement for the tow truck. If you are not the registered owner, it is my understanding from the police that that person is financialy responsible so you may want to contact them about the citation and insurance lien.

Thanks you for your time and consideration.
Ahahah! NICE! scare them for a little. haha and that pic was priceless. Definately gonna keep a few of those in my TL and print some for my friends.

BTW I think kicking his truck is fine, just make sure next time you dont fall. It will be much more fulfilling. Haha
Old 05-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Pro

Benush, I like your message a lot, but it seems to require quite a bit of writing. Also, unlike the pic with Micky on it, your message only applies to a fairly unique situation.

OTOH, Micky applies to all situations where the driver of the other car has encroached onto your space or has otherwise dinged your car. More importantly, Micky is WICKED, and if it is combined with dip stick oil or crazy glue, it can be EVEN MORE EFFECTIVE. Like other posters here, I also printed a few copies for myself ... just in case.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Welcome to Olliewood

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
there was another one of those that had the AZ logo on it and was like "maybe next time ill use an fcuking can opener to get into my car, sincerely Acurazine" or something like that lol