Worst dealer ever in MIchigan...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worst dealer ever in MIchigan...

Hey guys, I posted before about I was trying to buy an 06 RL from Acura of Ann Arbor, in Michigan. A particular sales guy there, who i guess took me for a very young kid, with deep pockets, and no understanding of car values. So back in May of 2008..they had an 06 RL for $37,999!!! with 38k miles. It was the exact car i wanted...black on black, with navi etc. I offered 31k at the time, tho I think prolly too much to begin with...and they countered with 34k. They were playing all sorts of games with me. After a few weeks, i got sick of there games....and went and bought a Brand new Mercedes E-350...which I really love, been putting crazy miles on it.

So the opportunity came again, because i got ride of my other cars, and wanted another family car, with AWD for winter purposes. I went back to the deal last friday...and the 06 Black RL was STILL THERE!!!! now sitting on lot for 9 months!! i asked the guy about the price(same rude salesman)...prolly irate because i bought the MB instead. Tells me they will sell it for $34,500!!! im thinking to myself.....who are these people?!!! they had an 06 TL with 30k miles.....on "sale" for $29,000!!!

I then asked, if they had an 09 model, id rather get a new one..(yes that beak bothers me too)....and he said he'd call me in a few hours to let me know when they'll be getting one in. 5days go by.....NO call. I called him back, and left a nice message saying....."Thank for u calling(sarcastically), plase let me know when you'll be getting one in."

Is it just me guys.....or this dealer just retarded for trying to sell those cars at those prices....am I out of line here?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Racer

You are not out of line. Try another Dealer. Good Luck.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Pro

Do not waste your time, go to another dealer.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
One thing I have learned long ago is that dealers make little sense. While shopping for my RL I have found the ordeal considerably more difficult than purchasing anyone of my prior 6 Lexus vehicles. Acura dealer after Acura dealer from Santa Monica Acura to Sierra Acura left me with a very sour taste with Acura. Acura of Valencia was a much better experience. I even went to Riverside Walters Mercedes on an RL they had. Horrible service from the beginning and extremely arrogant sales people. "We keep that Acura over there as we only keep the HI-END cars here." pointing to the used car lot filled with low end C classes and a few Audi TTs.
I'm glad I have the car but have found that Acura dealers for the most part are far from offering the level of service that am spoiled with from Lexus-for the most part.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:56 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
those prices are insane! Imagine if someone bought that, they would be upside down horribly off the bat.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Considering you could get a brand new 08 RL Tech for $41K, the $38K price for an 06 with 38K miles is retarded, for lack of better word. I've said this before, Acura's dealer network is becoming a significant drag on the product line. I've been with Acura for so long that I lost appreciation for a luxury dealership. Enter Infiniti.... night and day. The funny thing is that I thought my dealership was pretty good but I guess had a case of tunnel vision. Acura corporate needs to pull in the reins on the substandard dealerships and create an experience worthy of their vehicles.....
Old 09-18-2008, 09:32 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Try Suburban Acura in Farmington Hills. Might have a better experience.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Michigan Acura Dealers

I had no luck buying from MI and IL dealers (wouldn't get competitive and I tried all the MI dealers) and IN dealers didn't seem interested but OH dealers were another story and were eager for my business in 2006 when I bought an RL. Matthews Honda/Acura near Marysville, OH did it all over the phone and was more than competitive. There's also a Toledo dealer who was close. I get my service work done by Ann Arbor Acura (I live 120 miles north of the Detroit metro area) and they do a good job.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MIDRVR
I had no luck buying from MI and IL dealers (wouldn't get competitive and I tried all the MI dealers) and IN dealers didn't seem interested but OH dealers were another story and were eager for my business in 2006 when I bought an RL. Matthews Honda/Acura near Marysville, OH did it all over the phone and was more than competitive. There's also a Toledo dealer who was close. I get my service work done by Ann Arbor Acura (I live 120 miles north of the Detroit metro area) and they do a good job.
I'm surprised to hear your experience with at least one of the IN dealers, Hubler Acura has a phenomenal internet sales manager who almost put me into an 09 RL for a very good price. Bottom line though is that the Acura dealership network is truly hit or miss.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GoHawks
Try Suburban Acura in Farmington Hills. Might have a better experience.
Hey GoHawks

I noticed you were from Michigan before.....you also mentioned a while back, you saw a really Nice 08 A-spec RL ...was it at suburban? I feel so wronged by Ann Arbor Acura.....in my opinion....they are Crooks!!

funny story is....these same idiots, when i asked about 08 TL.....they said "doc..its a car in demand, it goes for MSRP, we could probably get u 500 of msrp". He then mentioned, because i work in a BIG HOSPITAL...and that id spread the word, i got a great deal from Ann arbor Acura, they could do $1000 off(but he'd have to talk to owner about it).

I LAUGHED in his face...asked, why Acura was giving $3500 rebate...he pretended like he had no clue.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
considering your stance a few months ago in my thread, i find this very funny and ironic......
why don't you just get a benz? lol
Old 09-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Advanced

NYCtl.

You are absolutely correct.....except for the fact, there were PLENTY of deals to be made, other than at Acura of Ann Arbor.....and more so, Especially in the chicago Market. Which is why, i found it so appaling, how these guys would charge this much for one.

It also shows....they were unwilling to deal...and hence there cars sit on the lots.

as for Benz's....your right, i should just get one.... really no comparison to Acura, different type of car, and service at the dealers too. Ive been eyeing an SL550 at $108,000 or an Acura RL at $50k. Plus i need AWD...the choice was simple. I think most of you know, people often judge you when you drive a MB, and with Acura that level of sterotyping isn't there....kinda what i wanted in a 2nd car. and when your 25...no matter how hard you work, they judge you even more. not that i care... besides, ive always had a thing for Acura RL.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:01 AM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by vinodc
Hey GoHawks

I noticed you were from Michigan before.....you also mentioned a while back, you saw a really Nice 08 A-spec RL ...was it at suburban? I feel so wronged by Ann Arbor Acura.....in my opinion....they are Crooks!!

funny story is....these same idiots, when i asked about 08 TL.....they said "doc..its a car in demand, it goes for MSRP, we could probably get u 500 of msrp". He then mentioned, because i work in a BIG HOSPITAL...and that id spread the word, i got a great deal from Ann arbor Acura, they could do $1000 off(but he'd have to talk to owner about it).

I LAUGHED in his face...asked, why Acura was giving $3500 rebate...he pretended like he had no clue.

It wasn't a full on A-Spec in that I think it just had the wheels and body kit, but yes it was at Suburban.

I just moved here a year ago and I already had my RL, so I can't speak for their sales dept, I've just used them for service, and they seem OK. Admittedly I was spoiled by my Acura dealer back in Illinois (Acura of Libertyville), the treatment I got from that place rivaled any Lexus, BMW or Benz dealer for that fact. Then again I purchased two of my last three Acuras from them and they serviced all of them. If I buy an Acura again, I would definitely consdier going back to them even though they're over 4.5 hours away.

I did talk my boss into looking at an MDX and buying one, and he did buy through Suburban, and I think he was generally pleased.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:21 AM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
buy from another dealer