Wake up Honda/Acura

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 01:33 AM
JDM FREAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wake up Honda/Acura

I'm pretty disappointed with American Honda policies and strategies towards the American market (I hope Honda rep's read this).
I don't understand why Honda didn't include or even offer the technology package in 05 models, because i and many who own 05 models were not expecting the changes to be made this soon. Normally, i would go and trade in my vehicle for a new one rather than spend money on making a previous model look up to date, i understand that my financial situation is good, but how about the others, many cannot afford it, which make it really depressing.
Honda cannot be looked at until it changes it policies regarding featurs, accessories and options.
Here is a list, some might agree and some might disagree, but again its my thoughts on how to make it a competitive brand.
1- Acura cannot be considered a serious luxury brand until it STOPS dealer installed accessories, i'm lucky that i have good technicians in my dealer and so far they haven't messed up anything, but i know sooner or later it'll happen and probably Friday when they attempt to install my rear view camera. look around and tell me what other luxury brand claims luxury and install its accessories in dealers.
2-Acura should release its accessories when vehicles are released, i personally cannot drive a plain car for long, but i had to drive my RL for more than 8 months and the unavailability of accessories was so irritating that i went and got a 06 M45, but came back to my RL a month after, and again the same question comes up, what other luxury brand offers accessories almost a year after and some are still unavailable (moon roof visor)
3- STOP using add on cosmetic parts (body kit) and please have them as one piece because even Hyundai Tiburon come with one piece body work.
4- Stop teasing us with A-SPEC concepts, because we're never going to see them on the road, at least A-SPEC come with one piece body work and no add on (why don't you sell them)?
5- Why don't you consider providing us with practical features which can be used on daily bases, not fancy features which are based on subscription and do not function or show accurate information some times, make them in low volumes like on out f every 8000 units and monitor how they sell for future productions. because some might not need or even want additional features, but some are willing to pay for them instead of cross shopping and considering other manufactures.
We hear people switching from Rl's to M and G classes, but who switched from these models to RL?????????
People ask me why i have Acura Rl if i can afford a better car, well the RL is a better car than most and i love Honda and what it offers (currently own 3 Acura's,2 Hondas and a Honda CBR) but God Damn offer something that will fill our thirst.
Imagine if the RL had 30 or more horses and offered competitive accessories and options like Infiniti and Lexus, do you think we'll even consider cross shopping.
We consider Nav traffic a selling point in the RL???? what if there is not alternate route and you're only way is through an accident on the highway, how useful is it?
My butt was well cooked in the summer, and i cursed everytime the hot seats stung my body.
I'm not asking for much, i just hope Honda will listen and lead rather than follow

What you guys think?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Frankly, the RL is just a daily driver to me, and it serves its purpose well. I have a variety of other cars to satisfy any other qualities I desire. I think you should go trade yours in on a 2006 model and swap over your A-spec items in the deal. You *might* be happy then.... have you looked at the new M5?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Instructor

The body kit is not add-on!!!!

The new M5 solves all your problems listed above for just double the price of the RL!
Old 11-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not that I don't disagree with most of your assesment, but don't we have about fifty other threads with the same complaints?
Old 11-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Qatar, bitching to us isn't gonna change anything. If you really want to make a difference, then complain to Honda corporate.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 AM
Racer

Sorry but I just can't keep up. Qatar, back in the thread "Bye Bye Acura RL" you told us all you were ditching the RL for a M-B CL65AMG. Now you are BACK in an RL (again)?
Old 11-02-2005, 08:42 AM
JDM FREAK

well, as i said in "Bye Bye Acura RL" i'm keeping my RL aside, and also M-B take about a year or more to deliver CL's AMG because they are hand built.
Well, i thought i was clear that i have an RL because i want to, not because i have or need to and i see no problem with improving this brand.
The RL is everybody's daily driver, but it misses a lot of things, well i thougth some might agree.
I'll wait for 2007 model and if there is no majr change, i'll just switch for good, because loyalty to a certain brand os worthless if you don't get you'r moneys worth.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:47 AM
JDM FREAK

my wife got her drivers license about a year ago, and i thought giving her my RL was a good choice, but she says that its way too heavy and slow and 06 Accord Coupe is a lot faster, and i'm not talking about drag racing here, just about daily driving. If someone whose been driving for less than a year and know nothingabout cars can tell about the RL's weakness, then ......
Old 11-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Qatar
well, as i said in "Bye Bye Acura RL" i'm keeping my RL aside, and also M-B take about a year or more to deliver CL's AMG because they are hand built.
Well, i thought i was clear that i have an RL because i want to, not because i have or need to and i see no problem with improving this brand.
The RL is everybody's daily driver, but it misses a lot of things, well i thougth some might agree.
I'll wait for 2007 model and if there is no majr change, i'll just switch for good, because loyalty to a certain brand os worthless if you don't get you'r moneys worth.
Gosh, no, that's not what you said. In Bye Bye Acural RL you said Well, i've finally decided to call it off (as in owning Acura's) until Honda comes up with something better (like JDM Legend).
I'm getting a 2006 Mercedes CL65 AMG sometime next week, and i know some of you might start a war because of the difference between these two cars.

Now, calling it off as in owning Acura's - to me - means, ummm, you won't be owning Acura's (of which the RL is one). And yet - you still own one (or so you say).

"I'm getting a 2006 Mercedes CL65 AMG sometime next week" means . . . well, you know, like you are getting a car next week.

I'm not attacking you, just trying to understand which of what you write am I supposed to believe?
Old 11-02-2005, 09:14 AM
office monkey

Originally Posted by Qatar
my wife got her drivers license about a year ago, and i thought giving her my RL was a good choice, but she says that its way too heavy and slow and 06 Accord Coupe is a lot faster, and i'm not talking about drag racing here, just about daily driving. If someone whose been driving for less than a year and know nothingabout cars can tell about the RL's weakness, then ......
what the fuck....so now you are bitching about the car being too slow? You start the thread harping on something totally different and now it is the car's acceleration. Wow. Make up your bloody mind.

As for it being heavy...not really. Most cars that size weigh around the same. I guess Acura should have magically made their 190"+ AWD sedan weigh 2500 lbs....
Old 11-02-2005, 10:30 AM
JDM FREAK

Originally Posted by Rob L
what the fuck....so now you are bitching about the car being too slow? You start the thread harping on something totally different and now it is the car's acceleration. Wow. Make up your bloody mind.

As for it being heavy...not really. Most cars that size weigh around the same. I guess Acura should have magically made their 190"+ AWD sedan weigh 2500 lbs....
You must be stupid , i said my wife did, not I.
The thread took a different turn because of your posts as usuall, not because of mine.
[QUOTE=Saleener] i'm sorry if i wans't really clear with my post, but i'm not trading in my RL or selling it, just in case i miss it, i'll just store it or something or have my wife drive it.
and Rob L, i'll just ignore your posts because its a waste of time trying to make you understand that i'm not attacking Honda, i just want to see some options I AM willing to pay for and thats why i said production in LOW VOLUME.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:48 AM
office monkey

[QUOTE=Qatar]You must be stupid , i said my wife did, not I.
The thread took a different turn because of your posts as usuall, not because of mine.
Originally Posted by Saleener
i'm sorry if i wans't really clear with my post, but i'm not trading in my RL or selling it, just in case i miss it, i'll just store it or something or have my wife drive it.
and Rob L, i'll just ignore your posts because its a waste of time trying to make you understand that i'm not attacking Honda, i just want to see some options I AM willing to pay for and thats why i said production in LOW VOLUME.
Yep, I am stupid because I replied to THIS COMMENT:

If someone whose been driving for less than a year and know nothingabout cars can tell about the RL's weakness, then ......

Sweet sassy, is it hard for you to even read what YOU WROTE? I guess my understanding of the english language is different than yours because YOU brought up the "RL's weakness" not YOUR WIFE who isnt even taking part on this fuggin thread.

I dont give a shit if you attack Honda. I dont care if you like this car or not. Why do you think I care what you think or like? I dont even know you nor do I want to.

BTW you continually bitch about the same stuff on this forum. WE GET YOUR POINT!!!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 11-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Qatar and Rob L, take your :gheyfight: to PM and stop doing it publicly on the forum. It's an embarrassment to the both of you.

And Qatar, stop starting a thread every few weeks to bitch about the RL. If you don't like the car so much, then please get rid of it and move on. We do not need the same complaints posted week after week especially when we've all heard them before.

One more thread like this and I will request to have both of you given a timeout at the admin's discretion. Knock it off already. This shit gets OLD!!