RL's DVD-A VS. TL's DVD-A

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 12:58 PM
I6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RL's DVD-A VS. TL's DVD-A

Has anyone here compared the RL's Bose DVD-A system to the TL's ELS DVD-A system? Which one do you think is better?
Old 02-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Team WDP Surgeon General

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own a TL and I havn't compared it to the RL's system. But I just got done comparing it to the system in the M and the M sounds mucccccccchhhhhhhhh better IMHO.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:33 AM
8-)
...just another stooge...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=dvd-a+TL
Old 02-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Osteoman
I own a TL and I havn't compared it to the RL's system. But I just got done comparing it to the system in the M and the M sounds mucccccccchhhhhhhhh better IMHO.
did you compare the TL or the RL with the M? does the M play MP3's
Old 02-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Racer

I traded and 04 TL for an 05 RL and I think the RL audio sounds better, but I'm not audiophile.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bitium
did you compare the TL or the RL with the M? does the M play MP3's
I test drove the M and took one of my DVD-A's to listen to. The speakers on each side of the headrests make a huge difference in producing "surround sound". I would say the M's system is the best in the market... even better than the RL's... and the RL's system is outstanding.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:23 PM
office monkey

Originally Posted by dseag2
I test drove the M and took one of my DVD-A's to listen to. The speakers on each side of the headrests make a huge difference in producing "surround sound". I would say the M's system is the best in the market... even better than the RL's... and the RL's system is outstanding.
Dude describe the seat speakers and what exactly comes out of them...aside from sound. I want to know what they supposedly enhance. Are they just extensions of the rleft/right side speakers (so the speakers in driver seat only handle sounds designed for the left speaker) or are they mini stereo speakers?

Do you think the M system is the best simply because of these seat speakers or does it produce sound more accurately and have better (meaning lower NOT louder) bass extension?
Old 02-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Rob L
Dude describe the seat speakers and what exactly comes out of them...aside from sound. I want to know what they supposedly enhance. Are they just extensions of the rleft/right side speakers (so the speakers in driver seat only handle sounds designed for the left speaker) or are they mini stereo speakers?

Do you think the M system is the best simply because of these seat speakers or does it produce sound more accurately and have better (meaning lower NOT louder) bass extension?
They are like tweeters on each side of your head. I listened to Elton John's "Funeral For a Friend" from Goodbye Yellow Brick Road in DVD-A, and that has some great organ music at the beginning. That was what was coming out of those speakers... the highs. By having the speakers right next to your ears the highs are amplified. The other speakers obviously worked well also.

I only took a test drive, so the sound system wasn't my only focus, but after hearing DVD-A in the TL, the RL, the M, and the GS, IMO the M was the most impressive. Think about it... BOSE designed the system in the RL and they also designed it in the M. They added more speakers and more power, and they've had even more time to work on it. It should be better.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:33 AM
Intermediate

In the long-run...isn't it harmful to have speakers that close to your ears all time time? I'm sure they are much louder than a cell phone speaker, etc. So just curious about that... More those always equal better!
Old 02-27-2005, 10:29 AM
office monkey

Interesting. I wonder if you can adjust or turn off the seat speakers.

I still think they'd bug me but I guess it would depend on the level they are set at. If they are too loud and obvious then it'd bug me. If they are set at a low level just to add some space to the sound then it may not bug me.

Oh and as said in post above, more is not always better especially with speakers...not trying to say the M system or any system is inferior but just making a general statement.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Rob L
Interesting. I wonder if you can adjust or turn off the seat speakers.

I still think they'd bug me but I guess it would depend on the level they are set at. If they are too loud and obvious then it'd bug me. If they are set at a low level just to add some space to the sound then it may not bug me.

Oh and as said in post above, more is not always better especially with speakers...not trying to say the M system or any system is inferior but just making a general statement.
I took two of my favorite CD's with me... only one was a DVD-A. If I'm not mistaken, the speakers by the headrests didn't work when playing a regular 2-channel CD... just the DVD-A... but the system does have Centerpoint like the RL, so they probably work if you enable that. I never use Centerpoint in my RL as I find the sound muffled.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Advanced

I had an '04 TL and with my new '05 RL, the sound system is MUCH better. The TL had some issues with sound in the higher ranges, where you'd have to lower the subwoofer and center speaker volumes so that it wasn't as distorted. The RL's sound system hits those ranges with such clairty I couldn't have imagined in the TL. This system rocks, I'm interested to hear the M's system since it seems like it's better than ours...