RL 05 - Telescoping steering wheel - Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2022, 07:49 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RL 05 - Telescoping steering wheel - Please Help!

Hello!

I have a problem with my RL and it is the following:

My telescopic steering wheel is configured so that when I remove or insert the key in the switch it moves up and down to allow better accessibility for the driver. But the problem is that I just changed the car battery and with that I began to configure my memory positions 1 and 2 since the car is also used by my mother, I know that when the battery is disconnected the memory configurations are lost seating.

Position configuration: My mother with the steering wheel in the highest position and I with the steering wheel in the lowest position

But what happens!? that when I'm in the car and I take the key out of the switch and my steering wheel returns to the original position, which is the highest, instead of stopping, the engine keeps sounding as if it was still making its way to the original position and to stop it you have to press either the memory position buttons or the adjustment button on the steering wheel.

Note: It is not the first time that it happens to me, since once the battery died and when I changed it the same thing happened to me, only I had to wait a few days for it to stop doing that.

That's why friends I would like to know if there is a way that I can solve this, without having to deactivate the automatic tilt and telescopic, since I like that option too much.

Note: My car only works with 1 key for ignition and the keyless entry to open and close the car, in case you ask me! I don't know what conductor it is on, since the gauge's MID screen is damaged.
Old 08-28-2022, 10:37 AM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
The settings for it are under the MID, but if yours is damaged then you might be out of luck.

you might get lucky reading the manual and see if you can configure it blindly using the joystick per the manual instructions

Mid
Old 08-28-2022, 01:23 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the configuration is already established, I even mentioned that it works, even when the car is on and you change the memory from 1 to 2 and vice versa. Everything works fine!... the steering wheel changes height and when it reaches the memorized one, it stops and does not sound, even the green light of the selected memory on the driver's door remains stable and static, the problem is when I turn off the car and take the key out of the switch and the steering wheel returns to its original position.
Old 10-30-2022, 06:42 PM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Steering wheel and driver window clicks but not moving, ANY HELP?

Hi everyone, my 07 RL have a problem with the steering tilt and telescope function, when trying to adjust it will CLICK but nothing moves for tilt nor telescope, what can be the cause of this? The click sound is there but it won't do a thing, same as the driver window, it will click but won't roll up neither down