Question about MID

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 06:11 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Question Question about MID

I actually did read the manual before asking this question , but I didn't find an answer.

The upper part of the MID reverts to "blank" when I turn off the key, then restart the car. I like to have the MPG displayed all the time, so do I have to press the ^ button to retrieve it everytime I start the car? Or am I missing something?

My TL reverts to the MID item last displayed when you turned the car off, so I guess I expected the RL to do the same (?)
Old 09-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
You are correct. The MID resets to blank every time you turn the car off, so you have to use the arrow keys to select what you want to display. I like to watch the SH-AWD panel, so that's what I have to do.

I have noted others here observing what an ergonomic error that is.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:22 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
You are correct. The MID resets to blank every time you turn the car off, so you have to use the arrow keys to select what you want to display. I like to watch the SH-AWD panel, so that's what I have to do.

Thanks, Bob. There are so many settings, etc., to work with on this car that I didn't know but what I'd just overlooked something.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:46 PM
06 RL - 04 TL

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
The bad news is that you do have to push either the up arrow (what I use all the time) or (I think) the down arrow each time you start the car to have the top half displayed. The good news is that mine (at least) remembers what I last viewed and defaults to that, much like the TL with the difference being that the TL stays on all the time.

Would have been nicer if you could have set that display on/off default in a menu somewhere.

And while I'm grousing...I would like to have odometer and outside temp BOTH showing at the same time....somehow. <g>

And maybe even make it so that the odometer comes on when you open the door? Think refill gas and keeping track of the mileage in a book/log/journal. I like the outside temp showing so there are several punches of the button to get back to odometer.

Yep, I know how "spoiled" I am, but it's the doggone car's fault! Everything else is so well thought out. <wide grin>

Tom
Old 09-27-2006, 09:14 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by tvande
The bad news is that you do have to push either the up arrow (what I use all the time) or (I think) the down arrow each time you start the car to have the top half displayed. The good news is that mine (at least) remembers what I last viewed and defaults to that, much like the TL with the difference being that the TL stays on all the time.

Would have been nicer if you could have set that display on/off default in a menu somewhere.

And while I'm grousing...I would like to have odometer and outside temp BOTH showing at the same time....somehow. <g>

And maybe even make it so that the odometer comes on when you open the door? Think refill gas and keeping track of the mileage in a book/log/journal. I like the outside temp showing so there are several punches of the button to get back to odometer.

Yep, I know how "spoiled" I am, but it's the doggone car's fault! Everything else is so well thought out. <wide grin>

Tom
I use the Tripometer (A) for keeping track of the gas, and you can set it to automatically reset itself when you fill up.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:37 PM
06 RL - 04 TL

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GoHawks
I use the Tripometer (A) for keeping track of the gas, and you can set it to automatically reset itself when you fill up.
Yes, and I have mine set that way already.

I do the journal to keep track of gas mileage (long term - over the life of the car) and other items that happen - oil changes, body shop visits (not often is the hope), new parts & pieces (batteries etc) so that I can better have an idea when I replaced such and such.

The auto reset of the trip meter is just short of erie! <wide grin>

Tom
Old 09-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by GoHawks
You learn something new everyday! I didn't know you could do this. How exactly is it done??
Old 09-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob

I'm amazed they didn't configure it so it reverts to the "last displayed".

They really dropped the ball here, especially since that IS the way it works with the TL.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:23 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Treblig
You learn something new everyday! I didn't know you could do this. How exactly is it done??
It's in the MID setup. Scroll through and I think it's under "gauges".