passenger heated seat not warm enough

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
passenger heated seat not warm enough

Looking for some input from fellow owners - I noticed my passenger side heated seat was not warm enough when it's on high and took the car in to have it checked. Turns out they had to order me the heat component.

They replaced the component on Friday and yesterday I turned it on just to see if I could notice the difference and unfortunately, no!!! I was driving home and turned on the heated seat on the passenger side on high. When I got home (this is a 10+ min drive) I put my hand over the bottom of the seat and could barely feel any warmth.

Now, I understand that on the passenger side only the bottom part of seat heats up (due to side airbags) but shouldn't it still be enough to feel the warmth? Especially if left on "high?"

And since they had to take out the seat to replace the component, the passenger seat now feel a little loose when sitting in it. *sigh* Gonna have to take the car back next week but wanted to see if other fellow owners have had similar situations with their heated seats before.

Thanks all!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I haven't heard about this problem here. I'll check my pass. seat to be sure, but my wife has never complained during the two winters we've had our car. She is always the one in the passenger seat as this is my daily driver.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
The only thing my wife complains about is the lack of low back heating. Makes all the difference on those cold winter nights going to or coming back from indoor tennis, or a couple of hours at the gym.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yue3759
Looking for some input from fellow owners - I noticed my passenger side heated seat was not warm enough when it's on high and took the car in to have it checked. Turns out they had to order me the heat component.

They replaced the component on Friday and yesterday I turned it on just to see if I could notice the difference and unfortunately, no!!! I was driving home and turned on the heated seat on the passenger side on high. When I got home (this is a 10+ min drive) I put my hand over the bottom of the seat and could barely feel any warmth.

Now, I understand that on the passenger side only the bottom part of seat heats up (due to side airbags) but shouldn't it still be enough to feel the warmth? Especially if left on "high?"

And since they had to take out the seat to replace the component, the passenger seat now feel a little loose when sitting in it. *sigh* Gonna have to take the car back next week but wanted to see if other fellow owners have had similar situations with their heated seats before.

Thanks all!
Your passanger seat will not heat up as mutch, true for all acura's with air bag passanger sensors. So the delaer have replaced something that did not needed to be chaanged.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Alright, thanks to those who replied. Really appreciate your comments. Actually, after Acura replaced the heater the passenger side seat gets a lot warmer than before.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:35 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My passenger seat heater isn't working either

Now that it's cold my wife turned on the passenger seat heater and .... nothing. The light comes on but the placebo effect just doesn't cut it. I guess I'll have to take it to the dealer as yue3759 did on this thread. Anyone else with this problem? Mind you, I'm not complaining really. 2+ years and 30K miles and this is the first "problem" I've had.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
This may be.

Question, since this is supposed to be a smart car, it would be intresting to find out if the heater depends on pressure to work (e.g., from the seat pressure sensor that turns off the airbag). Let us know what you find out.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Lightbulb

Or perhaps the wiring harness has come detached?

A test I would try is to press down on the pax seat to activate the 'AIRBAG OFF' sensor.

I would suspect that sensor and and the seat warmer are bundled in the same wiring harness. If both do not work, perhaps the harness connection is the issue.

Otherwise, it may well be the seat warmer, which on the pax seat is only on the seat bottom.