Meteor Silver?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meteor Silver?

Down to my last 2 choices for my new car: RL or IS350. Yup, pretty different choices. Not sure I can live with the smaller IS350, but I'm going to give it a fair test this weekend. Might feel a bit on the boy-racer side after my Audi A6 4.2.

I've been paying attention to cars around here lately and I don't think I've ever seen an RL is Meteor Silver. Seems like a light blue-silver color when I look at the paint sample. I see lots of black, silver, and lakeshore silver RLs. Even a few red ones and blue ones.

So, anyone like Meteor Silver? Ever seen one on the road?

I'm assuming that if I pick a Celestial Silver (love those marketing names for colors -- I'll take the pay for that job!), Opulent Blue, or Redondo Red (my priority order, I guess), the dealer should be able to find one somewhere and I won't have to wait 3 months for delivery from Japan.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Racer

I have a celestial Silver, and it just plain looks good. Looks especially good under parking lot lights. Ebony interiro is great as well.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Racer

It's like a baby blue color and was too feminine for me (actually the color I test drove) and I came from a Suzuka Blue S2000. This color is lighter/softer then the suzuka blue color even and wasn't for me at all. I would defintely say it would be my last choice but if it were the only color I don't think I could do it.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:59 PM
2006 RL Carbon Gray/Ebony

Meteor blue definitely did not do it for me either. Saw the equivalent color on another Acura, a TSX I believe. Have never seen the RL in that color. Thought real hard about the Celestial Silver but opted for Carbon Grey.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Quit stealing my avatar!!

I don't like Meteor at all. The very last '05 Acura RL on my dealer's lot was Meteor Silver. This would be my last choice for colors.

I originally wanted Lakeshore Silver/Ebony but ended up with Carbon Gray/Ebony. I am really glad I got the Carbon Gray. It has much more depth than the Lakeshore Silver, IMO.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Advanced

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. You can never really tell with the little color chips in the brochure.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup, I had the meteor silver on the TSX I had, it is a baby blue color, not really silver. I didn't really like it on the RL. Good luck with your decision, either way you will end up with an excellent car.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:40 AM
10th Gear

Ok first off I'd like to say I own an '04 acura tsx and i have the meteor silver. Personally I like the fact that its not one of the common colors that everyone has like black, white, or gray. Basically if you like it than get it, something like color isnt something you should ask other people's opinions on. I mean with color either you like it or you don't. Someone elses opinion on it shouldn't matter becuase your the one thats gonna have to look at it everyday.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can anyone on their experience with keeping celestial, meteor, or lakeshore silver clean?

I am trying to decided b/w celestial and lakeshore. The tie breaker is which one will looker cleaner longer. Although I try to keep my car clean, I'm not a freak about it.

Please help. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Racer

I have the CS. It stays clean and when i have to clean it it is easy.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:01 PM
'06 RL

I have lakeshore silver. It hides dirt very, very well.

Oh, and a good coat of Mother's after a clay bar will make the metalflake pop out like mad. I'm sure everyone else will pipe up with what they think is better than what I just said... but point being, that with a good paint treatment/wax/sealant/etc lakeshore silver looks downright fantastic.

Carbon gray is nice but it's too dark... I chose Lakeshore and am very happy with it.

Go with the dark interior, too. The taupe gets way too dirty too fast.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:07 AM
Drifting

i agree..... i like the silver cause it hides dirt pretty well and the black interior is great... i will never own a car with light interior... gets to dirty to fast. i do like the fact that you never see that color on the road... but i guess for a reason. i really dont like it.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:07 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Amazing...

I'm amazed you've seen so many RL's (of any color)! I live in So. Cal and have still only seen a handful since I started paying attention early last year. Still a rare breed...which may or may not be a good thing.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jftjr
I have lakeshore silver. It hides dirt very, very well.

Oh, and a good coat of Mother's after a clay bar will make the metalflake pop out like mad. I'm sure everyone else will pipe up with what they think is better than what I just said... but point being, that with a good paint treatment/wax/sealant/etc lakeshore silver looks downright fantastic.

Carbon gray is nice but it's too dark... I chose Lakeshore and am very happy with it.

Go with the dark interior, too. The taupe gets way too dirty too fast.

Either of these silvers will be good for looking clean. I too have lakeshore and have also applied paint protectants and it looks amazing even in the winter. The rain just rolls off and doesn't show any rain or water spots. I applied two coats of Zaino 2 (after clay) and then a coat of Wolfgang paint sealant topped off with nuba wax (Natty Blue). Not only shows off the metallic paint with a wet looking shine but provides almost armor like protection agains the weather elements. Lot's of good cleaning/wax tips here at Acurazine under "Wash & Wax".

BTW, I have the taupe interior and no problem keeping it clean. Either ebony or taupe interior looks great with the lakeshore imho.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by feeenux
I'm amazed you've seen so many RL's (of any color)! I live in So. Cal and have still only seen a handful since I started paying attention early last year. Still a rare breed...which may or may not be a good thing.

On Saturday afternoon within about one mile area in a small suburb of Seattle, while driving my lakeshore I saw another lakeshore, a silver and a black. It was nowhere near a major arterial or interstate which would carry lots of traffic from other areas so pretty sure all four of ours are from this same suburb. I have had mine since the first allotment in October 04 and definetly see over time an increase in the number on the road since last Fall or so when the prices dropped.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Drifting

ive come across maybe 10 rl's since i got the car in june.... i rarely see them here in philly. i like that though
Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Advanced

I like the Redondo Red Pearl and the Meteor Silver :0 Now I just need to find one for a good price, hopefully from a private owner....
Old 10-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a meteor silver and I love the color. I like blue so this was the best compromise for me to something that is easy to maintain. The silver blue color hides light dirt well and still looks good even when I miss a week or two between washings. I also like the fact that there aren't too many on the road.

I'm toying with the idea of putting on wheels in the hyper black finish which would probably set off the color well and look sick on the car...
Old 10-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cwdonahue
I'm assuming that if I pick a Celestial Silver (love those marketing names for colors -- I'll take the pay for that job!), Opulent Blue, or Redondo Red (my priority order, I guess), the dealer should be able to find one somewhere and I won't have to wait 3 months for delivery from Japan.
From your original post it looks like you're planning on buying a new RL.

FYI: Celestial Siver was available only on the '05 and '06 RLs. I have it on an '05 and I love it. It's the color that was used in the literature for the '05 model and is quite nice.

NorCalRL
Old 10-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Meteor Silver and Celestial Silver were discontinued after 2006, and replaced by Platinum Frost. If you're looking at new RLs, then you won't find these on the lot.

If you're looking used, and can stand the interior color, then it'll grow on you - especially if the price is right. While I wouldn't have picked Meteor Silver for new, I could certainly live with it.

Rob144
Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Instructor

I see that the original posting is over 18 months old. Perhaps he has found the color that he wants by now.