future rl owner. is it a good buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 03:24 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
future rl owner. is it a good buy

Hey everyone, I'm currently looking to purchase my first acura rl. I've found an 2006 with 92k going for $ 17892, it has the back up camera n real time traffic option.
I was wondering if this would be a good buy or I should keep looking, the car is located in philly n I was thinking of getting it this weekend.. I plan on keeping this car for a long time, so I would like advise before I make the purchase.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:56 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
you should buy mine with aspec kits, suspension, and aftermarket wheels in NJ with 78k for 18500.........just sayin.....that is a decent deal but the 105k service is coming up and it costs around 1100 or so....
Old 02-23-2011, 07:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
I am picking up an 05 with 90k for 14.5 aspec wheel, skit, and suspension. I think you could do better. poppintec's sounds good @ 78k
Old 02-23-2011, 09:58 AM
2012 TL SH-AWD

Received 119 Likes on 104 Posts
Regardless of the price I won't buy a vehicle with over 100k miles specially if you plan to keep this vehicle for a long time. I'm going to assume that vehicle you're buying has no extended warranty.

I'd say look at your options and keep looking and go for a better price. When I purchased my 06 RL it was the first vehicle I saw and after seeing several RL in the area and comparing prices, condition and options I decided to go for the first one I saw. No regret at all.

Good luck on your search!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:27 PM
10th Gear

Poppintec- would love to but I am going to do a trade so going private is kind of not a option.
I didn't thought about the 105k service coming up. I was going to purchase a extended warranty(with any car I purchase). The sales guy (not a acura dealer)said it has a good carfax record with all maintenance up to date. Thanks to you all for the advice, guess it won't hurt to look for a little longer.

Got real excited when I went to see that one(thought she was the one).
Old 02-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Cruising in ATL!!

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
What's your budget? including drive-out? you mentioned you'll be getting an extended warranty so does your budget reflect that too? I think pricing on cars vary depending on your area but IMO, you can do much better than the deal listed. I purchased mine (06 w/ tech package and 30k miles for $21.9k last winter)

Did this car have a tech package? has the previous owner de-pax or is that something you'll need to look into?

Several factors you'll want to consider AFTER purchasing a car so you'll need to include those extra expenses in your overall budget.

good luck. Regardless of what year/mileage/option you get, i'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:59 PM
10th Gear

My budget is $19k out the door, not including extended warranty. Not really sure of the other expenses that might come in play with this purchase, didn't think of the pax( run flat tire), the car seem to have stock wheels, If it have stock wheels; is it something that I have to change soon?.

I'm going to give the dealer a call and get more info as to what package/options the car have. Seems I have a lot of things to know before I make a purchase.
This will be my first time financing a vehicle, hope Ill be happy with the final purchase.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lukzz
My budget is $19k out the door, not including extended warranty. Not really sure of the other expenses that might come in play with this purchase, didn't think of the pax( run flat tire), the car seem to have stock wheels, If it have stock wheels; is it something that I have to change soon?.

I'm going to give the dealer a call and get more info as to what package/options the car have. Seems I have a lot of things to know before I make a purchase.
This will be my first time financing a vehicle, hope Ill be happy with the final purchase.
lukzz,

I would double check that seems to be hefty price for that kind of mileage on a RL. The backup camera can be added on in the future if you find one without a backup camera. It runs for about an average of 600.00 installed at dealers.

As for the navtraffic, you normally get 3 months free when you get the car from a dealer. After that, there's a charge of about $4.00 per month if you still want to keep it. I got my car with about 49k miles for about $21k. If I were you, I would look into it more.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:47 PM
10th Gear

I'm def. going to keep looking, the 92k miles didn't seem that bad to me at first, but 30-40k mile is half of what I thought was good n I won't mind putting up another $2-3k.
I'm feeling better now that I posted asking for advise before Saturday got here. Now I can hope to find a real good deal.
I'll keep looking and reading, will be letting you guys know when I find something better.

THANKS big time.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:19 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I'd go for one that still has some factory warranty left, cause Acura only sells their extended warranty for those cars. 3rd party extended warranites I myself, wouldn't do. Ask for the in-service date, this is when the orig warranty started. Call Acura 800# with the vin and find that out.
I say keep looking. If you're not in a huge rush, it'll pay you longterm to learn more and see more choices. There are some good prices out there since the RL is not a popular car, tho supplies are limited for sure.
I personlly, would not buy any RL without some original warranty left. and I;d also buy the Acura extended. Repairs on the RL are not cheap for electronics, or the drivetrain.
good luck and have fun, you've made the right first choice wanting an RL!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:43 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm actually looking to downgrade so if you have a decent trade and want to throw cash on top I would definitely take a look... if not just take your time and look for one that was well taken care of, never rush into buying a car because you like the way it looks.......anyway here is a pic of my car just in case

Originally Posted by lukzz
I'm def. going to keep looking, the 92k miles didn't seem that bad to me at first, but 30-40k mile is half of what I thought was good n I won't mind putting up another $2-3k.
I'm feeling better now that I posted asking for advise before Saturday got here. Now I can hope to find a real good deal.
I'll keep looking and reading, will be letting you guys know when I find something better.

THANKS big time.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:57 AM
10th Gear

I'm going to keep looking, I'm not in any rush (actually I have 7 months).
Poppintec
Sweet looking rl, the white looks real good. Wheels n body kit really improved the looks of the car.