Current Market Price for CMBS/ACC/PAX RL's

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Current Market Price for CMBS/ACC/PAX RL's

I'm looking at a few RL's and I want the CMBS. It gets interesting when comparing an 06 w/ CMBS to an 07 Tech (without CMBS) and they can often be had for almost the same price.

Does anyone know of any recent trade values of an 06 Tech or 07 Tech w/ CMBS?

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Proboscis-free zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Deafening silence....)

Since I have a 2006 CMBS, your question motivated me to check Edmunds (trade = $34,571, I think they assume 15K miles/year) and Kelly Blue Book at kbb.com (trade = $34,520 with 15K miles in "good" condition). These prices are specific to the L.A. area and the 2006 model.

Be careful though--on KBB, there is a $5000 spread between "fair" and "excellent"--one man's tiny paint chip is another man's five grand--and of course YMMV. Maybe more to the point, thinly-traded cars, like thinly-traded stocks, don't always have well-established market prices.

So...based on those two readily available sources your number is $34,500 give or take.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:53 AM
A Saitama Garage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just paid about 34,000 for my certified 06 RL w/CMBS&PAX. It also has a rearview camera and musiclink (items that have a cost when they are new, but not worth too much on resale). Hope that helps to give you an idea of where you should be. Oh, it had 22k miles when I bought it.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
I paid $39k and change for an 06 CMBS/PAX RL with about 5k miles on it back in September. It was a Honda corporate vehicle.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dwboston
I paid $39k and change for an 06 CMBS/PAX RL with about 5k miles on it back in September. It was a Honda corporate vehicle.
Boston, if you feel comfortable answering -- was that 39 out the door, or before tax/title/etc..?

I'm looking at an 06 tech w/ 6K miles -- asking 37.9K
Old 12-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by true
Boston, if you feel comfortable answering -- was that 39 out the door, or before tax/title/etc..?

I'm looking at an 06 tech w/ 6K miles -- asking 37.9K
Before. Tax wasn't a huge issue because I was trading the 05 and in MA you only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade value and the new car value.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Intermediate

Before. Tax wasn't a huge issue because I was trading the 05 and in MA you only pay sales tax on the difference between the trade value and the new car value.
Not that anyone is following this thread, but I passed on the 06 Tech w/ 6K miles.

The car was about mint, however, the PAX tires' sidewalls were basically dry rotted / cracked.

I don't understand why the tires looked so bad; I wouldn't expect that from just sitting un-used.....

Has anyone seen low mile PAX tires cracked on the sidewalls?
Old 12-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Not that anyone is following this thread, but I passed on the 06 Tech w/ 6K miles.

The car was about mint, however, the PAX tires' sidewalls were basically dry rotted / cracked.

I don't understand why the tires looked so bad; I wouldn't expect that from just sitting un-used.....

Has anyone seen low mile PAX tires cracked on the sidewalls?
If the car was still in warranty (not a water damaged car or salvage title) then the tires probably could have been replaced. Sounds suspicious.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Intermediate

If the car was still in warranty (not a water damaged car or salvage title) then the tires probably could have been replaced. Sounds suspicious.
It's not an Acura dealer -- but I assume to find out of the tires would be replaced under warranty, I have have to take it to an Acura dealer to find out?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Burning Brakes

It's not an Acura dealer -- but I assume to find out of the tires would be replaced under warranty, I have have to take it to an Acura dealer to find out?
You could try calling Acura Client Services with the VIN of the vehicle to see if the warranty status is OK. What does a Carfax show about the car?
Old 12-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Intermediate

You could try calling Acura Client Services with the VIN of the vehicle to see if the warranty status is OK. What does a Carfax show about the car?
Good idea -- I'll call Acura Client Services.

The CarFax is flawless. This car was a lease return that was subsequently wholesaled.

It's so bazzar that the car is just about mint with less than 6K miles, but the tires did not look good. The tread was fine, but the sidewalls are cracked. (enough to get a credit card stuck in the slits)

Since it has so low of miles, maybe PAX tires get like this if they are not used for a year or something...
Old 12-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Intermediate

I called Acura Client Services.

I confirmed with them and through CarFax that the car is still under warranty and no salvage title, etc..

They mentioned that nothing about the tires is covered under the warrenty because they are normal wear and tear.

When I said the tires are like new with less than 6K miles, perfect tread depth, but cracked sidewalls, they said it still doesn't matter.

This one may have potentially been on the table again if the tires would be warrantied, but looks like Acura would not do anything. They said don't bother taking it to a dealer to look at.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Burning Brakes

I confirmed with them and through CarFax that the car is still under warranty and no salvage title, etc..

They mentioned that nothing about the tires is covered under the warrenty because they are normal wear and tear.

When I said the tires are like new with less than 6K miles, perfect tread depth, but cracked sidewalls, they said it still doesn't matter.

This one may have potentially been on the table again if the tires would be warrantied, but looks like Acura would not do anything. They said don't bother taking it to a dealer to look at.
I'd still (1) take it to a dealer anyway, and (2) call Michelin's PAX line and let them know of the tire deterioration and see what they say. Depending on mileage and age of the tires, maybe they'll do something for you.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Intermediate

Old 12-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Acura does not warranty the tires, Michelin does, you probably would have to take it up with them.

The warranty is only good against "manufacturer defects".