Bye Bye Acura RL

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 10:56 PM
JDM FREAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bye Bye Acura RL

You've probably had it with me complaining about my Rl and the lack of personalilty in it.
Well, i've finally decided to call it off (as in owning Acura's) until Honda comes up with something better (like JDM Legend).
I'm getting a 2006 Mercedes CL65 AMG sometime next week, and i know some of you might start a war because of the difference between these two cars.
Well, I Love Honda and thats why i've stuck to its products in the last three years, but found no soul in them, except for my 04 TL A-SPEC which lack rear wheel or all wheel.
I'm paying about $215,000 for my CL, but i believe its worth it (despite the gas prices which will kill my a$$) and i do care about gas prices in terms of how many times i need to fill up the tank a week, and just because i come from a rich country doesn't mean i like going to gas stations all the time.
I'll definately post pictures of my new ride once i get it and ask what you all think.
I'll monitor this website from time to time and see if there is anything new.
Peace out.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:03 PM
JDM FREAK

I wonder if any of you can help me with this question.
I'm getting a Nissan Super Saffari and i'll need to change couple of things so it can meet the US emission standards. my question is , what do i need to change and where?
Old 09-10-2005, 12:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
Weren't you the one who bought an RL, traded it in for an Infiniti M, traded in the Infiniti and got your RL back, and now you're getting a Mercedes CL65 AMG?
Old 09-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Instructor

Yes, this is the guy. Bogus in my opinion. Please close this thread as there is no reality to it.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:00 AM
Pro

Thats very odd. Going from a new RL to a new M45 and then back to an RL. After all that, now a CL65. Seems very unlikely. Most people that would consider a CL65 wouldnt really be looking at cars in the RL and M's class anyway. Whatever the case, the CL65 is a hot car. Take some pics if you really do get one!
Old 09-10-2005, 06:18 AM
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
he'll trade his benz bak for an RL.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are spending 200+k on your car I don't see how you care about gas prices.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:51 AM
JDM FREAK

Originally Posted by hendjaz
Yes, this is the guy. Bogus in my opinion. Please close this thread as there is no reality to it.
Bogus, well don't cry when you see the pictures with my QATAR plate on. (i deslike haters)
Well, again, just because you have money don't mean go out there and spend it, and i always was a Honda lover. The difference between these two cars is huge, but its all about personal preference and i'm NOT going ot get my RL back this time because i realized that i'll always complain about it, my father told me MB was the way to go from the begining.
Also put in mind that in my country there aew no Acura TLs, MDXs...and i said i don't care about gas prices.
I see some poeple doubt my ability to purchase a CL65, well its still a car just like the RL, i see no big deal, i know at least 5 rich people who drive Hybrids Pruis and Insight) believe it or not its the truth.
If you guys want this thread to be closed, well thats fine with me, i just wanted to see if anyone can help with what i've asked.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Qatar
, i just wanted to see if anyone can help with what i've asked.
What did you ask? I don't see any question..... I mean, I have no problem with you going back and forth between cars. to you for being able to do it.

Go buy the car, enjoy it.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:10 AM
BARF1

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

This thread is great...

Old 09-10-2005, 09:29 AM
office monkey

i dont understand the point of this thread but whatever...it has been amusing thus far
Old 09-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 997 Likes on 531 Posts
I find it difficult to believe that a 24 year old can "afford to buy" a CL65. My guess is that your father can afford to buy the car and give it to you and you enjoy boasting about how much money you have even when you didn't earn a nickel of it. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't begrudge anyone buying themselves any car they want, but I have a problem with trust fund spoiled brats flaunting their wealth in front of those of us who actually earned our money.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 633 Likes on 281 Posts
I for one, am looking forward the pics of your new ride Qatar!
Old 09-10-2005, 11:07 AM
JDM FREAK

r
Old 09-10-2005, 11:19 AM
JDM FREAK

hondamore,
I've never ever in my life bragged about how much i have or what i have, and i don't think i did so this time.
And i hate to say this, but wheather you like it or not, its my money, and i believe that purchasing cars is an inverstment (do you prefere using the money or drugs) because i'm just tired of trying to prove that i'm down to earth with everybody and i have a Japanses made vehicle that anybody can afford.
If you want show offs, just go to UAE and Qatar, all i did was inform my intent of leaving my RL to what seems a better car for me, which part i bragged about, i dont know.
To kill any future accusations, please shut it if your going to talk about money or the car, cause i'm just trying to get help with converting a JDM Nissan to meet the US emission standards, if you can help me please do, and if your going toturn this into war, i won't even bother answer you.
If you carefully read everything i wrote, you won't find one piece which degrades any of you who own the same vehicle i've owned in the last 10 months.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Cars as an investment??? Hmmmm. An investment that depreciates at about 10-20% per year. Just burn the money, it's a lot faster.
Regarding your statement that you never brag - why are you on an Acura site asking about upgrading a Nissan if not to casually mention that you are bored with the car that we all love and have moved on to something much more expensive. Other Nissan owners may be more qualified to help you with your problem and they will be equally impressed with your new Benz.
By the way, the money is yours because your daddy gave it to you.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:23 PM
9th Gear

Perhaps you'll enjoy your new CL more in Qatar?!

Your post makes no sense, this is an Acura forum not a forum for some guy who's spending $215K on a new Mercedes. Hey - knock yourself out, but I agree with the other poster - spending that type of cash on a car and then complaining about gas prices? I don't get it....

Enjoy your new ride....

V.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Instructor

Why don't you pick up a Veyron? I believe there about 20 open orders still
available................
Old 09-10-2005, 06:17 PM
office monkey

Anyone who thinks cars in general are an investment obviously doesnt manage their own money.

I for one dont have a bias against any young people who were fortunate enough to have been born into a family that has a high level of wealth unelss of coruse they act like they are superior to others. I dont think Qatar is trying to act like he/she is superior although this thread does seem a little odd and has "look at me and what I am able to get" status all over it especially after he/she listed the price of the MB.

Just be thankful your folks have money and you have access to it because you could easily have been born into a family that lives on welfare barely able to afford food.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Advanced

I love this forum...you guys are great.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:23 PM
JDM FREAK

Again i say i'm not bragging about my wealth or my families, and i don't know why most of you think that the wealth is from my family.
I've started my own business when i was 17 and has nothing to do with my family, and mentioning the Benz prices proves nothing because i knew some were going to ask about the price and how much i'm getting it for, well check the MB website.
I got the RL because i loved it and i think that Ferraris and other manufactures are a waist of money, and like i mentioned before i'm not superior to anyone and thats why i'm here.
The reason why i'm still posting here is because i still own a RL, and i have every right to post, not to brag.
My main question was not about Nissan, it was about meeting US emission standards, because it cam\n even be JDM lLegend. some of yougot carried away with the whole thing, well let me put it this way, if you don't like me or my posts, just simply dont read them or reply to them, i have no time for this.
And if this is the kind of help i'll get here, i'm better of checking Nissan website.
ROB L, if i'm trying to show off with what i can get, believe me it'll be something more expensive than a CL and there is plentry out there, and put in mind expensive in my country is a car you don't see evertday, i see CL's all the time.
this is not the way i imagined this post to turn out, i'll wait and see igf i'll get any help.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Suzuka Master

nevermind... isee your question
Old 09-10-2005, 07:28 PM
9th Gear

huh?

Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you are asking for....yawn....
Old 09-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Suzuka Master

I wonder if any of you can help me with this question.
I'm getting a Nissan Super Saffari and i'll need to change couple of things so it can meet the US emission standards. my question is , what do i need to change and where?

why not check with the USDOT
Old 09-10-2005, 07:54 PM
9th Gear

Try the Nissan Super Safari board?

Just a thought....good luck....
Old 09-10-2005, 08:47 PM
2015 RDX Base

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hondamore
I find it difficult to believe that a 24 year old can "afford to buy" a CL65. My guess is that your father can afford to buy the car and give it to you and you enjoy boasting about how much money you have even when you didn't earn a nickel of it. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't begrudge anyone buying themselves any car they want, but I have a problem with trust fund spoiled brats flaunting their wealth in front of those of us who actually earned our money.
I don't know if he's lying or not, but saying that a 24 year old can not afford a car in that price range is kind of ignorant. There are 30, 40, 50 year old men/women out there who can't afford cars in that price range or even half that. Yes I agree there are quite a few spoiled brats that have everything handed to them, but there are mid 20 year old individuals who have completed their education and are making an exceptional amounts of money. Not for their age, but in general. I know that I'm babbling, but what I'm really trying to say is, not all of us in the mid 20's catagory have had mom and dad pay for everything. I own a SL65, Firebird Firehawk, Acura 3.2CL-S, 3 Condo's (2 that I rent out), and I purchased everything on my own, with my own money. Whether I made it from investments, working, real estate, it doesn't matter. I made the money, it wasn't handed to me, and that's what matters. So like I said, I don't know if he's lying or not, but putting all "24 year olds" into the same catagory seems unfair.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:01 PM
2015 RDX Base

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hondamore
Cars as an investment??? Hmmmm. An investment that depreciates at about 10-20% per year. Just burn the money, it's a lot faster.
Regarding your statement that you never brag - why are you on an Acura site asking about upgrading a Nissan if not to casually mention that you are bored with the car that we all love and have moved on to something much more expensive. Other Nissan owners may be more qualified to help you with your problem and they will be equally impressed with your new Benz.
By the way, the money is yours because your daddy gave it to you.
No no Hondamore, not as an investment, but an inverstment Q, I would strongly suggest you find something other that automobiles to invest in, it's not a smart choice. Oh and next time try running spell check before you post.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

BadAcCLS, my comments were directed toward one particular individual and made in response to my impressions of some of his earlier comments and posts. I certainly respect individuals of any age who work hard to earn an honest living and reward themselves accordingly.
I will concede, however, that the old fart in me believes in saving for a rainy day and questions the wisdom of purchasing such extravagences so early in life. Those of us who have lived through the tough economic times in the past (ie. the real recessions and not just the recent slowdown in the late 90's) understand the importance of living within or below our means and planning for the inevitable downturns in the economy. I thus consider "being able to afford" something to be defined as being completely debt free and able to pay cash for the item without it making a significant dent in your accumulated savings. When we are able to "afford"extravagences, I feel that it is very important and necessary to reward ourselves for our hard work and sacrifices. Purchases which we can't really "afford", I consider to be flashy attempts to impress others that can lead to a stressful and hollow life.
Let me reiterate that I genuinely and honestly admire and respect anyone who can accumulate the wealth required to purchase some of the world's most expensive automobiles and I very passionately agree with their decision to reward themselves with the good things in life that they can afford.
Just my two cents.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Advanced

I belong to that group of car owners who have found the right fit in an automobile. It took fifty-seven years for me to do so and I must say that the journey has been both interesting as well as sometimes disappointing.

At one time, I relied heavily on the word of experts who wrote pedantically in trade magazines about the newest and best monsters on the road. More often than not, I found owing one of those car-of-the-year models to be less then I had anticipated.

All in all, I have owned cars made by most of the American manufacturers fro 1948 to 1964. After then, I have purchased automobiles only built by German, Japanese and Swedish manufacturers. Although many of my cars had excellent characteristics, none really satisfied my appetite for looks, handling, speed, comfort or gadgetry. That is, until now. The 2005 RL was made for me. It not only meets my desires but exceeds my every expectation.

I have spent far more money buying German cars then what my RL cost me. Yet, the RL is the perfect fit for me. The complaints I read by some who post ion this site, fade from my mind whenever I turn the ignition and accelerate down the highway in pure luxury and comfort.

Qatar, if truthful and sincere in his posts has not yet found “that perfect fit.” He may never do so, regardless of the money he spends buying the “newest, biggest and best” of the luxury manufacturers. Too bad the RL didn’t fit him the way mine fit me.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:34 AM
office monkey

Someone clarify this for me...what makes the JDM Legend better than the RL to the point a person like Qatar would want it yet doesnt want the RL? I know it has a few extra toys but they dont add to the performance of the car which is what he/she seems to want.

Oh and if I could get a 200+ grand car I'd get a F430 or Aston Martin Vanquish or save half that and get the AM Vantage coming out for 06 but that is just me. Or, I'd even go less and get the new Porsche Cayman. That car looks yummy.

I personally think spending 200+ on a car is silly regardless of how much money someone has. I mean if I had tens of millions or more then yeah maybe I'd buy a car like the F430 but I'd still find it silly.

To each their own though. I am sure many would find the stuff I spend my cash on to be silly
Old 09-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rob L
Someone clarify this for me...what makes the JDM Legend better than the RL to the point a person like Qatar would want it yet doesnt want the RL? I know it has a few extra toys but they dont add to the performance of the car which is what he/she seems to want.

Oh and if I could get a 200+ grand car I'd get a F430 or Aston Martin Vanquish or save half that and get the AM Vantage coming out for 06 but that is just me. Or, I'd even go less and get the new Porsche Cayman. That car looks yummy.

I personally think spending 200+ on a car is silly regardless of how much money someone has. I mean if I had tens of millions or more then yeah maybe I'd buy a car like the F430 but I'd still find it silly.

To each their own though. I am sure many would find the stuff I spend my cash on to be silly
I thought the JDM Legend only had a few extra toys like you said....
Old 09-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Burning Brakes

i love all this jabber about cars with SOUL. please. it's just a stupid buzzword people always use to associate with german cars. it means nothing.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:16 AM
JDM FREAK

Originally Posted by BadAcCLS
No no Hondamore, not as an investment, but an inverstment Q, I would strongly suggest you find something other that automobiles to invest in, it's not a smart choice. Oh and next time try running spell check before you post.
Thanks but i don't need spell check, because i meant INVESTMENT, to me not all investments bring moeny back, enjoying what i purchase in an investment.
My worry is not making money, but enjoying my life in a way i won't regret it later in life and thanks for being my English teacher.
Probably i wasn't clear in my post, but i'm not selling or trading my RL, i'll store or give it to my wife.
Thanks to who mentioned checking Nissan forum
Old 09-12-2005, 09:55 AM
office monkey

still waiting to hear what makes the JDM Legend so much better than the RL.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Intermediate

Thanks but i don't need spell check, because i meant INVESTMENT, to me not all investments bring moeny back, enjoying what i purchase in an investment.
My worry is not making money, but enjoying my life in a way i won't regret it later in life and thanks for being my English teacher.
Probably i wasn't clear in my post, but i'm not selling or trading my RL, i'll store or give it to my wife.
Thanks to who mentioned checking Nissan forum
This forum is way off topic, but a forum is a place for people to congregate tell stories and have fun. In that case this forum is spot on.

I do have a question for you on your last post. You are going to store the RL until you give it to your wife. Why don't you just give it to her now?

And if you are going to store it for any significant amount of time (or any car) I would suggest hooking up a trickle charger. That will maintain the battery.

Also you point out that where you are from... Where is it that you are from? I am always looking for a nice vacation spot.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Racer

For what it is worth; Qatar claims (on another forum) that he is NOT selling his RL. He is just adding the CL65 AMG to his "fleet"

... but i'm not selling or trading my RL, i'll store or give it to my wife.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:08 PM
JDM FREAK

Originally Posted by fab06
This forum is way off topic, but a forum is a place for people to congregate tell stories and have fun. In that case this forum is spot on.

I do have a question for you on your last post. You are going to store the RL until you give it to your wife. Why don't you just give it to her now?

And if you are going to store it for any significant amount of time (or any car) I would suggest hooking up a trickle charger. That will maintain the battery.

Also you point out that where you are from... Where is it that you are from? I am always looking for a nice vacation spot.
My wife complaints about the car being heavy, i'll leave the decision for her. I'm from State OF Qatar.

msu79gt82,
i don't claim thats what i said here too.
As far as JDM superiority, i believe just having night vision, front and rear view camera, cooled seats is more than enought, not to mention the difference in ground effects (body kit) and rims.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Stupid question...but if you like the JDM legend so much with the added features why not just import it?
Old 09-12-2005, 01:51 PM
office monkey

Originally Posted by vp911
Stupid question...but if you like the JDM legend so much with the added features why not just import it?
hahaha exactly.

So the RL has no soul but the Legend does simply because of night vision and laser cruise even though it apparently drives/performs the exact same as the RL.

Humans amaze me with the things they say. I often wonder if I really am of the same species because it would seem my thought process works totally different than many.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by msu79gt82
For what it is worth; Qatar claims (on another forum) that he is NOT selling his RL. He is just adding the CL65 AMG to his "fleet"
I still can't wait to see his pics, though.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye Acura RL