Bye Bye Acura RL

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't even know why you bought an RL. Its the blandest car in its class.

Aren't you the guy that bought a M45 or something and got the RL back????
Drama queen
Old 09-12-2005, 10:21 PM
JDM FREAK

Ok. i'm a little bit tired of being nice.
To the ones who are not convinced of my actions or posts, ITs my damn money, and i care less of what you think, wheather we are from the same plane or not.
I guess trying to explain myself is a mistake, who ever dislikes what i wrote, well deal with it, i don't owe any of you any explaintion.
My post was really clear, if you can help thank you, if you can't, a positive comment is appreciated.
I see nothing but little bad mouths, and you know what, sometimes i ask my self if its jealousy, whatever the reason is, I DON"T CARE.
I'll check the Nissan website, probably they'll do better in helping me with my question.
With apolidies to all who have helped.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Qatar
To the ones who are not convinced of my actions or posts, ITs my damn money, and i care less of what you think, wheather we are from the same plane or not.
I guess trying to explain myself is a mistake, who ever dislikes what i wrote, well deal with it, i don't owe any of you any explaintion.
My post was really clear, if you can help thank you, if you can't, a positive comment is appreciated.
I see nothing but little bad mouths, and you know what, sometimes i ask my self if its jealousy, whatever the reason is, I DON"T CARE.
I'll check the Nissan website, probably they'll do better in helping me with my question.
Dude, don't sweat it, the RL is a very nice and rare car. you can say whatever you want without defending your opinion, its your right to express yorseklf as it is anybody elses right to do the same. By the way, your wheels are here and ready to ship out. That would be a shame to have them built for you and then you get rid of the car...
Old 09-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who cares if it is your money or not. Why are we still arguing about this shit? Good for you you can get your car, I suggest if you want to find out about emission standards you contact the DOT they will provide you with the specific details. I don't know why you think people in an RL forum will be able to tell you about a car which most of us would never buy.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:55 AM
office monkey

I am just trying to figure out how telling people you got this new car has anything to do with your question that involves another brand of vehicle.

Oh and I doubt anyone is jealous. For all you know everyone here has the cash to buy any car they want but choose not to and choose to put the money to more important things.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:18 AM
Advanced

Rob L . . . . Ditto!
Old 09-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Instructor

So, let me get this straight.....
You come to a community forum of mostly proud and happy Acura RL owners and post a message bashing the Acura RL. You've gone on to tell all of us how a car that costs $150,000.00+ more than the RL is a superior vehicle. You've also asked for information about a car that is not available in North America (where most of us are from). You need help with meeting US emissions standards for said vehicle, but you claim to be from Qatar. You've also expressed your displeasure with the negativity associated with the responses you've gotten from other members of the community forum.

I should hope that a car that costs $150k more than the RL is a far superior vehicle. Common sense would dictatate to most people that a comparison between a $50k car and a $200k car is unfair and unnecessary.
If you expected the members of this forum to be overflowing with acceptance ofor you considering your negative comments about the car they are here to discuss, I suggest you re-examine your expectations.
I'm not even going to ask why you would need to know how to get a Nissan Super Safari to conform to US emission standards when you are in Quatar. I am going to suggest that you try starting with the EPAs website.
( http://www.epa.gov ) You might also contact a company that does importation on a daily basis. I think its safe to assume that most of the members of an Acura RL community forum are not going to know a great deal about the process of modifying a vehicle for US emissions conformity anymore than they would know how to bake oatmeal cookies. Actually, you probably would have a better chance with the latter since its simpler.

Either way, I'm not convinced the lack of acceptance you're experiencing has anything to do with money or jealousy.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Instructor

This seems to be the right place to ask this question:

{Sarcasm On}
I'm ordering my Pagani Zonda in Red and I'm trying to decide if I want the black leather or the tan leather. I'm happy with my tan leather in my RL, so I'm thinking about some contrast for my new car.

It's only $650,000 so I'll have a lot left to spend on replacement tires and wheels because I'm not impressed with the cornering when I tested the car in Italy.
{Sarcasm Off}

You gotta love this board.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by NorCalRL
This seems to be the right place to ask this question:

{Sarcasm On}
I'm ordering my Pagani Zonda in Red and I'm trying to decide if I want the black leather or the tan leather. I'm happy with my tan leather in my RL, so I'm thinking about some contrast for my new car.

It's only $650,000 so I'll have a lot left to spend on replacement tires and wheels because I'm not impressed with the cornering when I tested the car in Italy.
{Sarcasm Off}

You gotta love this board.
LMAO
Old 09-13-2005, 09:37 PM
office monkey

hahahaha that was gold son, gold
Old 09-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Instructor

Update from Italy...

{ on}

Here's an update:

I spoke to Antonio at Pagani and he told me that the Zonda is not certified in the U.S. Darn.

However, he told me that I could have it crash tested at my own cost. But then wouldn't my car be, uh, crashed?

Then he tells me that I can't get a refund on my $65K deposit. Double Darn.

Before you guys start up, remember: This is my money and I'll waste it any way I want.

So I negotiated to get the engine that is in the Zonda, the Mercedes V12. Here's a picture:

The reason I was interested in the Zonda in the first place is the lack of pickup in my RL. Now I'll have the best of both worlds with the V12 installed in my RL.

I've been thinking about it and I can see that the V12 will weigh significantly more and take up more space than the standard V6. So I'm thinking about installing it mid-chassis.

Does anyone on the board have experience installing an engine mid-chassis in an RL?

Oh, one final question: Should I rent or buy an acetylene torch? I don't think this project will take very long.

{ off}

Regards,

Dave
Old 09-15-2005, 12:10 PM
office monkey

pfffft, you guys suck

My folks have a yacht and I am going to take the twin 8.3 litre V8 diesels out of it and put them into the RL. That'll be 900 hp with gobs of torque tha'll rip my car in half but whatever.

Biggity
Old 09-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by NorCalRL
{ on}

Here's an update:

I spoke to Antonio at Pagani and he told me that the Zonda is not certified in the U.S. Darn.

However, he told me that I could have it crash tested at my own cost. But then wouldn't my car be, uh, crashed?

Then he tells me that I can't get a refund on my $65K deposit. Double Darn.

Before you guys start up, remember: This is my money and I'll waste it any way I want.

So I negotiated to get the engine that is in the Zonda, the Mercedes V12. Here's a picture:

The reason I was interested in the Zonda in the first place is the lack of pickup in my RL. Now I'll have the best of both worlds with the V12 installed in my RL.

I've been thinking about it and I can see that the V12 will weigh significantly more and take up more space than the standard V6. So I'm thinking about installing it mid-chassis.

Does anyone on the board have experience installing an engine mid-chassis in an RL?

Oh, one final question: Should I rent or buy an acetylene torch? I don't think this project will take very long.

{ off}

Regards,

Dave

Old 09-16-2005, 01:38 AM
8th Gear

1.) A wealthy car buyer who has the ability to spend +$200 on a vehicle should not even be posting on these discussion websites or forums as they have more important things to do, such as earning money.
2.) If they had the ability to afford such expensive vehicle, they would not be exaggerating/bragging about the amount they are going to spend for everyone to know. Because in my experience, people who brag about how rich they are are generally poor, and wealthy people do not reveal their wealth to avoid being robbed.
3.) And this:
...and just because i come from a rich country...
doesn't really help since you do not own a country and if you did, it would be rather ridiculous. (Imagine George Bush on the Acura RL forums).

yeah kthnxbye

ps: everyone would really like to see those pics of your new ugly car with your little "QATAR" license plate. (No photoshops pls kthnxbye)
Old 09-16-2005, 02:46 AM
3rd Gear

Wow, although understandable that RL owners would be quick to protect their beloved cars, most of you guys totally butchered this guy.

Some even went as far to put words in his mouth, he never bragged or claimed he was rich (until someone commented and he clarified), and he never said he owned his country (many of you might even say my country [USA] is rich as well).

All the guy did was comment on a new car and ask about legalizing another (just because it's not an acura doesn't mean he can't ask, someone might've known the answer.

Wtf? "people who brag about how rich they are are generally poor, and wealthy people do not reveal their wealth to avoid being robbed." Is abcdefgary serious?

Come on, just cut the guy some slack, he didn't like the car, and he is pickier than some.

To each his own
Old 09-16-2005, 06:08 PM
8th Gear

There is a slight chance (2%) that he is telling the truth, mainly because he doesn't have pictures.

Also, a guy who owns a RL, then switched to the M45, and then switched back to the RL, who is now considering a 200$+ car is likely to be lying.

There's something I'd like to point out that he said also:
Also put in mind that in my country there aew no Acura TLs, MDXs...
As far as I know... the only countries selling the Acura brand is the U.S. and Canada, and both of these sell TLs and MDXs... so therefore he is lying. He probably doesn't even have an RL if he is not from the North Americas.

I dislike liars, so therefore you better watch out, I'll catch you redhanded and I'll catch you good. (Unless you have pictures of your supposedly new car with your Qatar license plate).
Old 09-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by abcdefgary
There is a slight chance (2%) that he is telling the truth, mainly because he doesn't have pictures.

Also, a guy who owns a RL, then switched to the M45, and then switched back to the RL, who is now considering a 200$+ car is likely to be lying.

I dislike liars, so therefore you better watch out, I'll catch you redhanded and I'll catch you good. (Unless you have pictures of your supposedly new car with your Qatar license plate).
TOO LATE!!!

I thought this was such a great idea that I ordered the Qatar custom plate and flew to Italy to install it.

Here's the picture for those who can't believe the truth even when it's in front of their eyes:

http://www.350zmotoring.com/gallery/...ium/zonda1.jpg

I changed my mind about trying to install the V12 and instead decided it was just easier to buy a house in Milan and stick with the Zonda.

Maybe someone here can help me with one sticky issue. How do you tell your insurance company that your RL was attacked by a stranger with an acetylene torch while it was locked in your own six car garage???

Happy motoring,

Dave
Old 09-16-2005, 08:47 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Qatar, good luck with your decision. I would love to see pics when you get the new AMG.
I'm drooling over the new CLS55 myself . . .
Old 09-16-2005, 09:13 PM
JDM FREAK

There's something I'd like to point out that he said also:

As far as I know... the only countries selling the Acura brand is the U.S. and Canada, and both of these sell TLs and MDXs... so therefore he is lying. He probably doesn't even have an RL if he is not from the North Americas.

Ok, do i start with stupidity of some or lack of respect.
I want to know, when did i ever say that i was in Qatar, all i mentioned was i'm FROM Qatar, big difference isn't it!
I've posted pictures of my RL many times and many poeple might recognize it, i had the very first TL A-SPEC and later on i'll post pictures of my M45 with the little license plate which displays "QATAR" as someone mentioned.
http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...=1487&uuid=956

If some of you think that your killing me with your posts, well all i can say is i read and smile, i see this almost everyday and just think of how stupid and ignorant it is, nothing more nothing less.
i'm not going to defend my self because i simply don't have to, but when did i ever bash the RL? just because i said the CL is superior? well to me it is, and i still have my RL so i can post in this forum or any other forum i want as long as i'm disrespecting no one.
For your information, a CL with my options will take more than a year to be sent here, not because of me, but that how it is with AMG. As i was told a few number of dealers get one or two of those, and before i'm called a liar, check with a Benz dealer.
I'll get something else for now, and will not show until i post the pic's.
By the way, i just got Ronjon Devotion wheel, so you'll see some new pic's soon.

Being rich is nothing special, and i talked nothig about it untill someone said i'm lying and i can't afford it, see some are pulling and others are pushinging.
I know poeple who have millions and drive Toyota Pruis and Honda Civics.
well what does that say?
Being rich deosn't mean buying the most expensive thing out there, and thats what i did, i bought a car which i thought was perfect and still is, thats why i took the Infiniti back.
again for the slow ones, my question was not about Nissan, but emission standard, just because its a Nissan doesn't mean hate it, you can simply say" I DONT KNOW" without why Nissan in Honda forum, thats how you'll be ignorant about anything that is not Honda.

I see that enough for now.
and by the way jtassy,
people who brag about how rich they are are generally poor, and wealthy people do not reveal their wealth to avoid being robbed." Is abcdefgary serious?

Please read what you wrote and tell me if it isn't stupid. I got a good laugh out of it.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Instructor

Let's move on

"tell me if it isn't stupid"

That pretty much sums up this thread. No value here about the RL or even Acuras in general. As I said about the third response to this stuff some days ago, let's close this thread by at least not responding to it any further and find more valuable RL related subjects to discuss.

Over and out.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:57 PM
office monkey

damn man, you sure jizz over the Qatar stuff.

I notice the decal on your window says Emir of Qatar...is someone in your family the emir of Qatar? If not, is it just some worship of the emir? Or, is it just one of those odd things people do to try and make themselves look more important?

I just find the initial post funny because it seems like a lame attempt at a human being trying to gain envy from others. I mena wtf goes into a car forum and brings up another car and whips out the price if they have NO intention of getting people to be impressed? It is asinine. Nobody asked about the CL price so why mention it if you didnt do it to get people to be like "oh wow, you must have a lot of money!!"

Your other replies basically back this up. You have issues I think to want people to be impressed with your supposed massive wealth you imply you have. I got news for you...nobody really gives a fuck and that is why people are ragging on you.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:16 PM
8th Gear

If some of you think that your killing me with your posts
Yes, I'm trying to kill you.

people who brag about how rich they are are generally poor, and wealthy people do not reveal their wealth to avoid being robbed
um... im serious.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:31 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by ASP
Qatar, good luck with your decision. I would love to see pics when you get the new AMG.
I'm drooling over the new CLS55 myself . . .
He's not talking about the CLS($90k+), he's talking about the CL ($200k+), if it was the CLS, maybe I would believe him.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:18 AM
Instructor

well to me it is, and i still have my RL so i can post in this forum or any other forum i want as long as i'm disrespecting no one.
The only person you are disrespecting here is yourself.

and by the way jtassy,
people who brag about how rich they are are generally poor, and wealthy people do not reveal their wealth to avoid being robbed." Is abcdefgary serious?
I agree 100% with abcdefgary. For the most part, people who are wealthy are usually very low key about it. Unless the wealth came very easy to them.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Alright, children. That's enough. No more bashing and no more threads like this. If you get another car, Qatar, post it in Off-Topic and not the model specific sections.