Backup camera shows some wavy lines on the screen as if there is some interference

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 11:46 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Backup camera shows some wavy lines on the screen as if there is some interference

Hey! Before posting, I searched this forum for similar issue, but didn't find any, so created a new thread.

On my 2010 RL, when backing up, the screen shows some wavy lines(some sort of interference?). At times there are none and screen is free from any lines, other times it is less visible and other times it has a bit more when I can see the lines move across. An example, I started the car yesterday, backed out of my parking spot and there were no lines at all. Came to the store and upon leaving, also backed out my car and there were no line/interference. Drove 9 miles to the park and just decided to check backup camera for lines upon arrival and this time there were lines. Today, saw some lines again but this time, came out of the car, opened trunk and then closed it to see if this might make lines go away, but it didn't.

Oh and a week ago I cleaned negative battery terminal from some corrosion and applied a thin layer of dielectric grease. Could this be the reason for the issue. I don't recall seeing these lines before cleaning out the battery terminal(there is a slim chance I could be wrong)

Does anyone have or seen this on their vehicle?

Last edited by Imperial; 06-14-2021 at 11:54 PM.