Another Quirks Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Another Quirks Thread

I've seen quite a few 'Quirks' threads by new owners, but I was unable to find a few of my questions by using the search. (the search results seemed pretty poor)

First, I am extremely happy with my purchase – I would not have been happier with anything else. I do have a few thoughts/comments.

-Does anyone feel that the headlights point a little 'low'. On extremely dark/flat roads, I would rather see further. Has anyone adjusted the lights higher up themselves (or dealer)?

-Does anyone think the washer fluid spray is 'weak'? I just read a thread regarding it not working at all, but mine just seems to have a relativly small/weak spray pattern.

-Seem to have a 'creak' somewhere around the center console/arm rest; creaks a bit when the vehicle’s inertia shifts.

-Is there any way to make the MID ‘remember’ the screen you had set last? I typically like to view an MID screen other than the default, but it never saves.

Thanks!

--Nick
06 Technology Package
Old 09-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by true
I've seen quite a few 'Quirks' threads by new owners, but I was unable to find a few of my questions by using the search. (the search results seemed pretty poor)

First, I am extremely happy with my purchase – I would not have been happier with anything else. I do have a few thoughts/comments.

-Does anyone feel that the headlights point a little 'low'. On extremely dark/flat roads, I would rather see further. Has anyone adjusted the lights higher up themselves (or dealer)?

-Does anyone think the washer fluid spray is 'weak'? I just read a thread regarding it not working at all, but mine just seems to have a relativly small/weak spray pattern.

-Seem to have a 'creak' somewhere around the center console/arm rest; creaks a bit when the vehicle’s inertia shifts.

-Is there any way to make the MID ‘remember’ the screen you had set last? I typically like to view an MID screen other than the default, but it never saves.

Thanks!

--Nick
06 Technology Package
Yes the lights are too low and you can adjust them with a long philips but you can break the mechanism so be careful. There is a thread on this from way back.
My washer fluid is OK.
No creaks from the center console.
The MID is disaster - No it does not remember anything, in fact you have to reselect it every time you go in and out of cruise control. Why they waste the MID on cruise is beyond me. Also, cannot monitor instantaneous MPG or TPMS while in cruise. Typical software from a geek that has never driven a car.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
The search is suboptimal since the software upgrade a couple of weeks ago. The site owners are working on it. In the meantime, use Google: (search item) site://rl.acurazine.com should work.

The low-aimed headlights are a known issue. There is indeed a thread describing how to adjust it without breaking anything.
The MID is also a known issue. I've adjusted to it.
The wiper fluid spray has been discussed here recently.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:46 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my center console/shifter gate area creaks like crazy, even after multiple attempts to fix the problem. I might as well super glue eveything together next time so there is no more creaking. I am so tired of it that I always have to turn up the music to mask the problem.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the comments -- searching via google.com worked much better.

Just got done doing an initial adjustment -- about 5-6 turns. It appears that the lights went up about 2-3 inches at 25 feet. I have not really driven normally, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow night.

Thanks!

--Nick
06 Technology Package[/QUOTE]
Old 09-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Headlight aim and creaking center console fixed by the dealer.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would have to agree about the MID. After 3 years it became a little annoying to hit the select button everytime you start the car as I personally liked the SH-AWD monitor. Unfortunately, I no longer have my RL but deal with the exact same thing with my wife's Odyssey Touring. I am pleased to say the Infiniti display remembers my MID setting, it's a nice change!! On the downside I can't view the pressures in my tires, it only indicates a problem when there is one. Correct one issue, get another... no car is perfect. ( Have I mentioned I LOVE driving that G?? )
Old 09-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Treblig
Headlight aim and creaking center console fixed by the dealer.
Treblig,

Do you have any idea what the dealer did to fix the center console creak? It would be great if I could offer them some direction!

On a side note, my new headlight adjustment is definitly noticable and makes the vehicle much more comfortable driving at night. Also, I'm just learning to deal with clicking the MID to where I want it when I get in...

--Nick
Old 09-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Intermediate

Treblig,

Do you have any idea what the dealer did to fix the center console creak? It would be great if I could offer them some direction!

On a side note, my new headlight adjustment is definitly noticable and makes the vehicle much more comfortable driving at night. Also, I'm just learning to deal with clicking the MID to where I want it when I get in...

--Nick
Just another bump to see if Treblig sees it and can response.

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Just another bump to see if Treblig sees it and can response.

Thanks.
The fix involves felt tape on the places that rub between the center console shifter plate and the plastic around it, especially the front of the plate where it meets the front edge of the "not an ashtray". Two of the main creaking culprits are the points at the end of the little arms where the ashtray fits into the center console. Some small felt tape squares with holes punched in them for the little points to fit through cuts down on the creaking dramatically.