Another New RL Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:46 AM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another New RL Owner

2009 CPO RL w/Technology/CMBS/ACC Package...$30.4k
Mileage: 28,810

Made the move to the RL after eight years with 03 Maxima GLE. Test drove a new Accord, Maxima and 535i and after driving the RL it was a simple decision. At first I thought the price was too high but after hours of comparison to other RLs I think the price was fair. If you don't mind me asking but can you guys help with the following questions:

What do you guys think about the 3M clear bra and having it professionally installed for $420.00

Is there a major difference in features and functionality between the Navigation DVD ver 4.81A and 4.A2

Is there a way to have the Multi-Information Display (the part that displays the SH-AWD) to default to stay on every time you start the engine.....I always have to press the arrow button every time I start the car

Is there a way to download the names and phone numbers from my Iphone 4, I already have it paired up

Any hints/suggestions on how to mount the front license plate bracket

Finally how do you get to display the music title been played from a flash drive to display on the upper display panel above the Nav screen.

Lots of questions but thanks for helping.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts
That is a great price. I have a 2007 with 158,000 miles. The car looks brand new and have had no problems. I have had it for five years and still enjoy it as much today as day one. I am get itchy however for a 2009. Mine is silver with the light gray interior. The white with the tan inerior looks great. Having looked at other cars, the only other that I would consider is a Lexus LS460. As mentioned in a earlier post by me, it is a great car too but (IMO) not worth the extra money. Plus as my wife says looks like a old man's car.

Our other car is a Lexus SC430 and both have the 3m clear bra. Many of our friends, on my recommendation have also purchased the bra. Both ours are five years old and have held up extremely well. They do what they advertise. I do wish that I had got them on the headlights.

Post some pics and what color is yours??
Old 11-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I think the price you got is more then fair, looks like a great deal. The 3M tape is a must, especially if you are around gravel and lose rocks alot, it give you peace of mind. Make sure you post some pics of your new ride and good luck !
Old 11-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Congrats on a great car. Post some pics. I'll take a stab at some of your questions.

Originally Posted by festac
What do you guys think about the 3M clear bra and having it professionally installed for $420.00
I had the clear bra on my RL when I had it, and I have it on all my daily drivers. $420 is a steal compared to what I pay around here. You can't see it other than a slight line in certain light. Do it!

Is there a major difference in features and functionality between the Navigation DVD ver 4.81A and 4.A2
Not aware of much change.

Is there a way to have the Multi-Information Display (the part that displays the SH-AWD) to default to stay on every time you start the engine.....I always have to press the arrow button every time I start the car
I recall that the MID kept the memory of what you were last looking at....it toggles between odometer, temp, trip A, trip B, oil life meter. That's as far as you can adjust. Or at least so says my 2006 RL manual, page 71-on. I'd check the 2009 manual to be sure.

Is there a way to download the names and phone numbers from my Iphone 4, I already have it paired up
Unfortunately, no.

The others I'm not sure about, but I hope you got a little help at least.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
I had the clear bra on my RL when I had it, and I have it on all my daily drivers. $420 is a steal compared to what I pay around here. You can't see it other than a slight line in certain light. Do it!
Good point, it would be a steal at $420 just about anywhere, I think I paid more then double for mine.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:32 PM
7th Gear

Thanks very much guys for your input! BTW the price I posted was before tax and extended warranty to 7yr/100k miles so out the door the total price was $33.5k. So far I've driven the car almost 4000 miles in 2.5 weeks, that's because I drive almost 800 miles every other week from southern illinois to chicago and so far the rides have been too smooth and too good. Being that you guys take good care of your car I was debating if I should get the front/back bumpers touched up to get rid of stone chips and the whole body buffed. If I sound anal, that's because this is the most expensive car I've ever had and I want it to be close to brand new as possible. The cost for the paint job was 300 and then the clear bra for 420, to me its worth it since I've been quoted around 850 just for the bra alone in chicago but I guess down here in southern illinois labor is cheap. Anyway pictures are coming up very soon.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:35 PM
7th Gear

Can anyone please help with instructions on how to post images from my local drive and not from a url.... I keep getting prompted to type in a url from where my picture is to be linked but there isn't an option to browse and load the images locally.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
I think most of use a photo server like shutterfly, or some other picture hosting service and link to that.

Your deal sounds great. Enjoy the car....
Old 11-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,247 Likes on 4,858 Posts
Congrats! It sounds like you picked up a sweet ride! I have to say I am jealous of your car's ACC, CMBS, & BT music.

My car always starts with the MID off. Like Bob said, it will remember where you were last, but you will have to hit the button to turn it on. The same goes for the safety warning on the nav. Should be very minor annoyances.

To get phone numbers on the car, you will have to add them verbally while parked.

Mine came with the front plate on.

As for pictures, like 23109 said, you will need an external (to AZine) website to host the pictures. If you have Gmail, there is a photo tab at the top of your mailbox that can host them. Facebook, flicker (sp?), etc. will all work. Just right click on the hosted image and "copy image location". Then paste that in the URL prompt. Good luck. If the image doesn't show in the post window it likely won't appear in the thread (phones excluded).

Old 11-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Intermediate

[quote=festac;13346841] So far I've driven the car almost 4000 miles in 2.5 weeks, that's because I drive almost 800 miles every other week from southern illinois to chicago and so far the rides have been too smooth and too good. quote]

I drive monthly from Chicago to Belleville on business and very much envy you making the trip in an RL. I use the best I can get from Avis, and even when supplied with something decent like the Infiniti G35 I took last time, it is pure joy to sit back in the RL upon my return. For future reference, don't try this in an 05 Taurus as I was forced to do not long ago. I required chiropractic attention afterwards; what a miserable automobile!
Old 11-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
[QUOTE=RLStuck;13348062]
Originally Posted by festac
So far I've driven the car almost 4000 miles in 2.5 weeks, that's because I drive almost 800 miles every other week from southern illinois to chicago and so far the rides have been too smooth and too good. quote]

I drive monthly from Chicago to Belleville on business and very much envy you making the trip in an RL. I use the best I can get from Avis, and even when supplied with something decent like the Infiniti G35 I took last time, it is pure joy to sit back in the RL upon my return. For future reference, don't try this in an 05 Taurus as I was forced to do not long ago. I required chiropractic attention afterwards; what a miserable automobile!
Belleville - Chicago you drive through where I grew up as a teenager. Greenville, IL. What a sleepy town.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats man, I also went from a Maxima ('98) to an RL ('08). Anyone had the 3M clear bra done in the NYC/LI area? If so, where did you go & how much? Being the noob that I am, I totally forgot about putting that on the RL priority list after owning the car for almost 2 years..