All-Season Mats for the RL?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
All-Season Mats for the RL?

Just got my 2006 RL last week. Live in an area with bad weather... rain, snow, etc..... Just wondering how many RL owners bought the OEM all-season floor mats from Acura? I'm just having a hard time justifying the cost... best deal so far online is about $115 with shipping. Anyone just buy something generic mats from Target or Costco.... cost is like $20? I figure I can buy a new set every year and still save $$ in 5 years.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vluu
Just got my 2006 RL last week. Live in an area with bad weather... rain, snow, etc..... Just wondering how many RL owners bought the OEM all-season floor mats from Acura? I'm just having a hard time justifying the cost... best deal so far online is about $115 with shipping. Anyone just buy something generic mats from Target or Costco.... cost is like $20? I figure I can buy a new set every year and still save $$ in 5 years.
I bought the all season floor mat online from Honda Parts unlimited for $111. The deal is the mats fit perfectly for the RL and they have the RL insignia on them. The main reason I got them was because my wife insisted on the real RL mats. I'm not about to argue with that.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Advanced

Probably too late, but I like to use discounts on over-priced dealer options to complete the car purchase. I got the four Acura all weather mats, trunk liner, wheel locks and splash guards for $135 (still not sure if the splash guards are a dealer option or factory installed).

Try returning to the dealership where you bought the car and see if they'll cut you a break.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
The all season floor mats and the trunk tray were part of my original purchase deal.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I also received the trunk tray and all weather mats as part of my original deal.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:55 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On a $50,000 car you're having trouble paying $115.00 for floormats?

Splash Guards, by the way, come from the factory.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
I like the quality of the OEM all seasons, also, they are perfectly cut so you're not going to have to worry about too much leakage since the OEM's conform to the outline of the floor. worth the $100 imo.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
Got my all Acura season floor mats and trunk tray on Ebay. Can't remember how much but I know it was less than half what NY/NJ Acura dealerships wanted for them. Strangely enough, I bought them on Ebay from a Florida Acura dealership. I guess they were trying to get rid of excess stock.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
On a $50,000 car you're having trouble paying $115.00 for floormats?

Splash Guards, by the way, come from the factory.

I don't have an issue with spending $115.00 for the mats, but it's not on my list of accessories I just have to have. Figure if I can save $95.00 on getting generic mats.... that can be passed on to the deck spoiler I'm looking to add. Btw, I got my new 2006 RL for $39,500.

Today, I end up getting some all season mats from Target and they work. Got the black set..... so they blend in real well with the ebony interior.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:50 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by shoppit
Probably too late, but I like to use discounts on over-priced dealer options to complete the car purchase. I got the four Acura all weather mats, trunk liner, wheel locks and splash guards for $135 (still not sure if the splash guards are a dealer option or factory installed).

Try returning to the dealership where you bought the car and see if they'll cut you a break.
Whoa! I think you got a good deal on the accessories. The splash guards are definitely not a factory installed item. they are a dealer option. My dealer in calif has the exact items that you listed as an overpriced package for $599. Ridiculous price but it is what you would pay if you bought each accesory you listed for full dealer price. Example: floor mats listed as 180, Splash guards 182.35, Wheel locks 151.3, Trunk tray 123.35, and these prices are installed ha ha. Bottom line is you got all of the extra dealer options for 135 which is a good deal.

My car came with a package that included everything that you have except for the floor mats. So technically they charged 450 more to the sticker but they were going to charge me the same amount for a different car that didn't have any dealer options.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I bought a set of the Weathertech mats last fall and have been very happy with them. The size they originally had on their website for the 05 RL was wrong. I e-mailed them photos of how mine fit and they subsequently faxed me a drawing with dimensions of their proposed change. Bottom line, we figured out the appropriate size for the new (05 and later) RLs and they fit very well. Guess I was the first one to buy (or at least the first to complain)
Old 11-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gdevine
Whoa! I think you got a good deal on the accessories. The splash guards are definitely not a factory installed item. they are a dealer option. My dealer in calif has the exact items that you listed as an overpriced package for $599. Ridiculous price but it is what you would pay if you bought each accesory you listed for full dealer price. Example: floor mats listed as 180, Splash guards 182.35, Wheel locks 151.3, Trunk tray 123.35, and these prices are installed ha ha. Bottom line is you got all of the extra dealer options for 135 which is a good deal.

My car came with a package that included everything that you have except for the floor mats. So technically they charged 450 more to the sticker but they were going to charge me the same amount for a different car that didn't have any dealer options.
I paid $41k for the car and $135 for the options, not counting a trade-in. When I bought it, people were reporting paying $40k to $40.5k, so I knew that I was overpaying a bit. That was late October and there were no RL's left in New England in my color choices, so I wasn't exactly in a good bargaining position. I had already been jerked around for a week by the closest dealer, and the only one that would commit to getting me a car was 100 miles away, if I agreed to the $41k. They got me a car from PA a couple days later.