Intermittant Audio Loss & Crackling Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Intermittant Audio Loss & Crackling Noise

For a couple months we would randomly detect an intermittent loss of audio in one of the speakers of our base model RDX. At first it was really hard to pinpoint as it would go off and come back on quickly. Our first visit to the dealership was fruitless, they could not detect the problem.

Over several more weeks the audio drop became more noticeable and for increasingly longer periods of time so that we could identify the rear driver door speaker as the one cutting out. The last couple weeks it also started to intermittently make a crackling/static-like noise, even with the audio off.

Back at the dealership yesterday, they again could not initially replicate the problem. But our description of occasional crackling with the audio off prompted them to research and find TSB 05-008 that was originally for lost audio for the 2005 RL. The solution is to replace the amplifier. The dealer had a replacement overnighted and it was installed today. My wife reports that the 30 mile drive home was uneventful with the audio seemingly working correctly. I will update this thread if we find that this repair was not complete.

Last edited by Doug W.; 08-21-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doug, thank you for the post....i never experienced any issues with audio, but its good to know what to pay attention to.....
Old 08-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive noticed a slight distortion coming from my drivers side tweeter... Very suttle and not noticeable unless its like super quiet (nighttime)... When i press against the tweeter casing it stops.. Not sure if it becuase its putting pressure on the speaker itself or maybe the casing is vibrating..

Think my car was built on a friday...... Few issues to date now..
Old 09-06-2012, 09:07 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When we first got the RDX and were driving it home we lost audio completely. Problem could not be fixed so they are replacing the hard drive. Everything seems to be playing but no volume. RDX is less than one month old.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Cablerat
Ive noticed a slight distortion coming from my drivers side tweeter... Very suttle and not noticeable unless its like super quiet (nighttime)... When i press against the tweeter casing it stops.. Not sure if it becuase its putting pressure on the speaker itself or maybe the casing is vibrating..

Think my car was built on a friday...... Few issues to date now..
Funny you should mention that, as I experienced the same thing a few days ago and pressing on it also stopped that distortion. I hope the newer Acura and Honda vehicles tighten up that flaw.