Airbag recall

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbag recall

For those of you who's car is affected by the recent airbag recall, I'm just curious how many of you have had it done yet and if there was any delays.

I got the letter from Acura Canada back in November (2016) saying parts were available and to make an appointment with my dealer, so I did and I was booked in that same month but they called me a day or two before my app't to say they ran out of parts and then to reschedule in December. So I called the dealer today (its now December 12) and this time they said the parts didn't come in and to call them again in January and see. My car is 2015 rdx.

So I called Acura Canadas airbag recall hotline to see if they can sort it out, and they said parts should have arrived by end of fall and they ended up putting me one hold while they contacted the same dealer I just talked to and then magically a few minutes later they put me through to the service manager who booked me in almost immediately (2 days from today). Its quite a drastic change to go from being told "no parts in stock" to somehow having them all of a sudden.

In Canada if someone else is injured in your car OR if a different owner is injured down the line from something like this then you can be legally responsible, and Id like to sell the car in spring so thats why I want the recall done sooner then later.

They said it should take about an hour, was this how long anyone else had it done in? I'll post an update to this when/if they do the replacement this Wednesday.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts
I too had been waiting since my March 2016 notice. Had the airbag fixed 11/30/16 along with the 3rd brake light issue, and i think both were done in an hour.
The following users liked this post:
SiliconFox (12-16-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got it done finally, just the airbag took 3 hours.

Im glad I called the Acura Canada airbag hotline to make them book me an appointment/parts with the service manager otherwise it would not have gotten it done because when I arrived to drop off the car for my appointment the service person immediately started giving me the story that if someone didn't confirm the parts are ready for me theres nothing they can do (even if the appointment was made).
Old 12-15-2016, 11:02 AM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 101 Posts
It took a little over an hour for them to do ours after several months waiting for the part. We were out in our RV & out of cell coverage when the service guy called to make the appointment. He left a voice mail saying that if we didn't get back to him by the next day they'd give the part to someone else & we'd have to go back on the wait list. I thought that was pretty customer non-friendly. I was able to call him back & schedule it for when we returned altho he was reluctant to wait the few days. Not impressive customer service. They did wash the car inside & out, tho.
The following users liked this post:
SiliconFox (12-16-2016)
Old 12-15-2016, 12:23 PM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by markAZ
It took a little over an hour for them to do ours after several months waiting for the part. We were out in our RV & out of cell coverage when the service guy called to make the appointment. He left a voice mail saying that if we didn't get back to him by the next day they'd give the part to someone else & we'd have to go back on the wait list. I thought that was pretty customer non-friendly. I was able to call him back & schedule it for when we returned altho he was reluctant to wait the few days. Not impressive customer service. They did wash the car inside & out, tho.
The dealer putting your car through their Swirl-o-matic car wash is not necessarily a good thing.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had ours replaced a couple of months ago. Luckily they had one left in stock. Only took about 30 minutes t install but the technician scratch a plastic piece on the steering wheel so they had to order it and replaced it a week later.