Bluetooth drops, no Acuralink, frozen display

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 08:58 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bluetooth drops, no Acuralink, frozen display

I've had my 2013 RDX with AWD Tech CPO for about a month and am having problems with the Bluetooh. I have a Galaxy Note 4 and was able to pair the phone for calls without difficulty. However, I can't get Acuralink to work. Also, Bluetooth calls are dropped very often and it seems to take a long time to connect the phone when I first get into the car. Last week I also had the display freeze on handsfree with no BT connection and no ability to change display options until I turned the car on and off. I've searched the forum and I know others have had some similar problems, but I'd like advice on how best to approach the issue. I tried turning off Wifi as some have recommended but it didn't change the issue. Is this something I should go back to the dealer for?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2015, 01:48 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by BrianNY
I've had my 2013 RDX with AWD Tech CPO for about a month and am having problems with the Bluetooh. I have a Galaxy Note 4 and was able to pair the phone for calls without difficulty. However, I can't get Acuralink to work. Also, Bluetooth calls are dropped very often and it seems to take a long time to connect the phone when I first get into the car. Last week I also had the display freeze on handsfree with no BT connection and no ability to change display options until I turned the car on and off. I've searched the forum and I know others have had some similar problems, but I'd like advice on how best to approach the issue. I tried turning off Wifi as some have recommended but it didn't change the issue. Is this something I should go back to the dealer for?

Thanks
You could start a poll asking how many people could get Acuralink to work. Hint: it will be a very small number.

What is "it takes a long time for BT to connect?" A few seconds, a minute, 5 minutes?

Every Acura has had the system freeze up periodically. If the dealer can't replicate it then he can't fix it. I wouldn't worry about it if it only happens once every blue moon.

As far as going to the dealer, tell us how long it takes to connect BT and we'll give you our answer then.