Thoughts on Greystone Interior

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 12:20 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thoughts on Greystone Interior

Hi - Thinking of going with this combo: Blue/Grey. Checked out one today and I kind of like the grey. Coming from a tax wagon w/black seats think the lighter color seats may be a nice change of pace. Didn't like it at first but after sitting it it for a while kind of like the color combo. I keep my cars clean so I don't think it'll be to much trouble to keep clean. Just wondering how those with this color interior feel about it after living with it for a while.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:25 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by cudfoo
Hi - Thinking of going with this combo: Blue/Grey. Checked out one today and I kind of like the grey. Coming from a tax wagon w/black seats think the lighter color seats may be a nice change of pace. Didn't like it at first but after sitting it it for a while kind of like the color combo. I keep my cars clean so I don't think it'll be to much trouble to keep clean. Just wondering how those with this color interior feel about it after living with it for a while.
A lot depends on the clothing you wear. Jeans or darker leather (including belts) will cause dye transfer
Old 10-24-2015, 01:31 PM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
My opinion: The grey is too light. The two-tone look will get old quickly. Ebony is much classier.

The grey interior is what kept me from getting the blue.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:47 PM
The Original Shawdy

Received 427 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by dirleton
My opinion: The grey is too light. The two-tone look will get old quickly. Ebony is much classier.

The grey interior is what kept me from getting the blue.
Depending on your location fathom blue/grey stone is the only option. I personally think though go well together though I like ebony too. It'll grow on you.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:28 PM
Pro

That's what I meant. Couldn't get blue exterior because then stuck with grey interior.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:34 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Black interior is the best IMHO, but I love that Blue, so in my next purchase I will have to see if I like the grey.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Pro

You won't, it's just too light. And the two-tone look screams "cheap."
Old 10-24-2015, 05:30 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Had a Ridgeline for ten years with the grey interior. It was very durable and looked great from the first day until I traded the car ten years later. I think the grey is the best of both worlds - lighter in color, still formal looking.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I used to do gray leather years ago and dye transfer was an issue, was always cleaning and treating leather. Once I went black I never looked back ;-). Looks good easy to keep looking good and with tinted windows sun was never a big issue even here in Hotlanta.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 910 Likes on 693 Posts
Asking people for opinions won't really get you anywhere. You will have some who love it, some who hate it, and some who are neutral. How do YOU like it?

In general, lighter leather interiors pose the problem of dye transfer and getting attacked by gremlins, I mean children. But they also conceal cracking 1000 times better than black and will not get as visibly scratched by keys or metal buttons. They also make a smaller interior feel bigger and when the car company does it properly, I feel like it makes for a damn classy 2 tone look.

Now with my whole spiel on opinions. My opinion is that Acura did an amazing job with it, gray leather interiors tend to look very plasticy (think old gm and chrysler). But Acura made it look almost like a buttery cream color. I think it is very well done. Looks ultra classy, and will stand out among the sea of black and beige interiors.

My opinion on the exterior is that it is an amazing color as well, if it follows current trend convention, when you go to sell it in the future, yours will be one of those hard to find ones that sells for a little higher than the norm.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:38 PM
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Greystone is my favorite, black is too dark, had it, done with it, beige is OK, but too light, greystone is the right balance.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:57 PM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
That is excellent color, black is too hot in summer time. I got that interior grey color and love it. For 2016, I want white but then there is no grey leather. Black is absolutely no. So parchment is the only choice for me.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by guytdt
That is excellent color, black is too hot in summer time. I got that interior grey color and love it. For 2016, I want white but then there is no grey leather. Black is absolutely no. So parchment is the only choice for me.
X2 I hate black. My RDX has black. But the exterior is RBP so I consolidated. I originally wanted a white on parchment.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Advanced

thx all - think they did do it well. Don't think it looks cheap but I've seen grey that does. Been living with the black interior in the tsx for a while - the black interior in the rdx seems even darker. Not a bad thing but I think the grey is a nice change of pace - and I really like the blue exterior on this car.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:39 PM
Suzuka Master

thx all - think they did do it well. Don't think it looks cheap but I've seen grey that does. Been living with the black interior in the tsx for a while - the black interior in the rdx seems even darker. Not a bad thing but I think the grey is a nice change of pace - and I really like the blue exterior on this car.
Then go for it!!! I HATE grey interiors, but LOVE the one acura did in the rdx. Had a loaner dark blue 2016 mdx with the grey and it was a very pleasant environment to be in.

Black is too clausterphobic, but what can you do when buying used.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:45 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
The RDX may have appeared to be more dark due to the rear privacy glass.

You should go to a dealer with various color options and check it out. I wanted the Blue exterior, but after looking at it from different shades of sunlight, I decided it wasn't for me. If I did a 36-month lease, I may have gone with the blue exterior with the grey interior.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:57 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,545 Likes on 1,201 Posts
I have the greystone interior with carbon pearl for the 06 TSX. It wasn't my first choice when I was just looking at the color combo in pictures and I wanted to go with ebony (overruled by the wife, her car). After seeing it in person and living with it for almost 10yrs, it has been the best color choice for us and it still looks very good. There are enough ebony and brushed aluminum trim to provide a nice contrast. Easy to keep clean, brighter interior, feels larger, and I added black OEM all weather mats to add additional contrast that improved its looks. I even went with the lighter taupe interior on my RDX to get the same airy feeling with ebony trim and black all weather mats.

It can feel like I'm sitting in a cave looking out in my MDX with the entire ebony interior, dark trim, and with dark tinted windows. Silver+ebony looked the best for my MDX compared to the lighter interior choices. I wish Acura would provide all interior color for all exterior colors (white+ebony, red+ebony, blue+ebony, etc...). It may be hard to find and RDX with greystone. Maybe just sit in a MDX with ebony and greystone to compare (and think about adding black all weather mats to the greystone).

I haven't seen blue+greystone color combo in person; but it would be my first choice.

Last edited by mrgold35; 10-25-2015 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish Acura would offer the white with eucalyptus interior combo on the RDX. It is my favorite but I'm not looking for something as big as the MDX.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by VinceCL
I wish Acura would offer the white with eucalyptus interior combo on the RDX. It is my favorite but I'm not looking for something as big as the MDX.
I didn't even know acura made "eucalyptus" as a color.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
I didn't even know acura made "eucalyptus" as a color.

Yep, couple weeks ago in for regular service on my TSX, they had an RLX in the showroom: black exterior with eucalyptus interior. Looked very classy, but probably subject to the same concerns about showing wear and/or color transfers from jeans.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
16 Silver ext w/greystone interior. Low light condition (dusk)

Old 10-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by othermike
Yep, couple weeks ago in for regular service on my TSX, they had an RLX in the showroom: black exterior with eucalyptus interior. Looked very classy, but probably subject to the same concerns about showing wear and/or color transfers from jeans.
Isn't eucalyptus the same color as greystone? I looked it up online and it looks the same to me. Is it more of a beigy grey?
Old 10-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
Isn't eucalyptus the same color as greystone? I looked it up online and it looks the same to me. Is it more of a beigy grey?

Not quite. I think it's got a light greenish tone, or maybe gray-green. Of course, when we go into a paint store and my wife spends an hour looking at shades of beige or white, I'm the guy who's thinking, "Oh just pick one. There's not that much difference anyway." The paint samples have all these fancy names but all I can see is beige, gray or white.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by othermike
Not quite. I think it's got a light greenish tone, or maybe gray-green. Of course, when we go into a paint store and my wife spends an hour looking at shades of beige or white, I'm the guy who's thinking, "Oh just pick one. There's not that much difference anyway." The paint samples have all these fancy names but all I can see is beige, gray or white.
Oh, well the the rlx I seen the dealer was for sure a greystone interior then. And you and me both brother, when I go into paint store, I more or less see 10 colors and call them light or dark. Just recently learned about fuscia and periwinkle and tiphany blue and....men don't go into paint stores with the significant other....just don't.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
Do diamond pearl white exterior with ebony interior. This is the most classy looking combo.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Instructor

Saw the grey interior on a silver Advanced today at the dealer. Had that been there when I bought my white one, I would have made a different choice. It really looks sharp.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Burning Brakes

It does look sharp.... indoors. However, in bright sunlight it turns light blue/cyan. Saw one on the road. Light blue is too much if a feminine colour.

Originally Posted by Desert Ridge
Saw the grey interior on a silver Advanced today at the dealer. Had that been there when I bought my white one, I would have made a different choice. It really looks sharp.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyboy
It does look sharp.... indoors. However, in bright sunlight it turns light blue/cyan. Saw one on the road. Light blue is too much if a feminine colour.
Only if your unsure of your manliness.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Burning Brakes

So you would buy a pink car even?

Originally Posted by hand-filer
Only if your unsure of your manliness.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyboy
So you would buy a pink car even?
No, not even if it was available on the RDX, the manliest vehicle on the planet.
A vehicle so manly it makes women swoon and manly men even manlier.
A vehicle so manly it can make heterosexual women RDX owners become lesbians.
No I just don’t happen to like the color pink.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:29 PM
Burning Brakes

I wouldn't buy a pink car either... nor a light blue one.

No, not even if it was available on the RDX, the manliest vehicle on the planet.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Don't even bother.....
Old 10-27-2015, 08:41 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
That's the color combo I have... and its what Acura chose for the RDX shown at the Chicago Auto Show. I'd say it gives a softer and more elegant look.

Oh and boys... a man who defines himself by paint color or a brand of car? That's shallow minded.

Last edited by Mr_MDX; 10-27-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Mr_MDX
That's the color combo I have... and its what Acura chose for the RDX shown at the Chicago Auto Show. I'd say it gives a softer and more elegant look.

Oh and boys... a man who defines himself by paint color or a brand of car? That's shallow minded.
I don't know if I would do a pretty much grey on grey theme. Seems too much for me. Would do the grey on an alternate color though.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
To my eye the eucalyptus has a greenish tinge to it but is a few notches darker than the graystone. I like that it is a bit different and a little darker (kinda like the dark taupe in the Lexus ) than straight up gray in the hopes of minimizing the appearance of transfer and dirt. I like to keep my vehicles clean I just don't want to feel nagged by them ☺.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:35 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by VinceCL
To my eye the eucalyptus has a greenish tinge to it but is a few notches darker than the graystone. ☺.
Yeah, wouldn't it have been nice if the RDX was available in the eucalyptus color scheme??? (or, any of a number of real colors, for that matter).
Old 10-28-2015, 01:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah, wouldn't it have been nice if the RDX was available in the eucalyptus color scheme??? (or, any of a number of real colors, for that matter).
Acura NEEDS to bring in a saddle interior color, as well as deep bright red for their sport trims. I am getting very bored with grey, beige, and black. I mean come on! Give us two tone themes, give us diamon quilted door pannels, give us french stitching and contrast piping.

Acura is funny, they still make commercials show casing sporty vehicles, but they give us snore worthy interiors with respectable performance. If Acura is trying to become old lexus, then they need to project that idea. If they want to be sporty, then go in that direction. But they stay squarely in the middle. They provide acceptable quality vehicles with acceptable performance.

I am not saying that they can't do both (think porsche, audi, and bmw) but they aren't trying hard enough in either. Give us sportier drivetrains with sportier interiors!
The following users liked this post:
mrgold35 (10-28-2015)
Old 01-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Advanced

Hi All - So i with the Blue\Grey combo. Any ideas on what to use to treat leather to prevent the dye issue people have mentioned?
Old 01-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Hi All - So i with the Blue\Grey combo. Any ideas on what to use to treat leather to prevent the dye issue people have mentioned?
I don't think there is anything you can do to treat the leather to prevent dye transfer from your pants, if that is what you're talking about.

The easy solution is not to wear dark designer jeans. I have mucked up a few light-colored seats, and a sofa with new dark colored jeans. Including the light tan seats in my Dad's Mercedes (sorry pop.....!!).
Old 01-08-2016, 07:46 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by Kaputnik
I don't think there is anything you can do to treat the leather to prevent dye transfer from your pants, if that is what you're talking about.

The easy solution is not to wear dark designer jeans. I have mucked up a few light-colored seats, and a sofa with new dark colored jeans. Including the light tan seats in my Dad's Mercedes (sorry pop.....!!).
Actually there is. LeatherMaster makes a leather protectant that helps with reducing dye transfer. You can also use their cleaner to remove the surface dye transfer.

http://shop.unitersna.com/collection...tay-bright-kit

Last edited by ceb; 01-08-2016 at 07:49 PM.