GPS completely off

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 08:01 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
GPS completely off

Brought home my new RDX today. Before I left the dealership i entered my home address (over an hour away but still in Maryland) without any problems. However, it wasn't long before I realized that the navigation was completely confused, thinking I was somewhere totally not where I actually was. It was telling me to turn at the wrong places and was giving strange street names not anywhere nearby. I had to ignore everything it was saying. I chalked it off as some hiccup and would be fine next time.

Well, when I got home I pressed the AcuraLink button to enroll and the person said that my car isn't coming up in their system properly and isn't it strange that it's saying I'm in the middle of some body of water on some inlet in Virginia. I checked the Menus and settings and found a place where, sure enough, it was saying I was In the middle of some small lake in Fort Belvoir, VA. They can't enroll me until the issue with the GPS is fixed.

Anybody have an idea what's going on? I searched the forum & from what I found. people's problem weren't exactly this issue of the GPS being off so badly like this.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:31 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
Brought home my new RDX today. Before I left the dealership i entered my home address (over an hour away but still in Maryland) without any problems. However, it wasn't long before I realized that the navigation was completely confused, thinking I was somewhere totally not where I actually was. It was telling me to turn at the wrong places and was giving strange street names not anywhere nearby. I had to ignore everything it was saying. I chalked it off as some hiccup and would be fine next time.

Well, when I got home I pressed the AcuraLink button to enroll and the person said that my car isn't coming up in their system properly and isn't it strange that it's saying I'm in the middle of some body of water on some inlet in Virginia. I checked the Menus and settings and found a place where, sure enough, it was saying I was In the middle of some small lake in Fort Belvoir, VA. They can't enroll me until the issue with the GPS is fixed.

Anybody have an idea what's going on? I searched the forum & from what I found. people's problem weren't exactly this issue of the GPS being off so badly like this.
Just take it back and have it looked into. Likely has a defective part.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:46 PM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
You could try entering the service menu and resetting it.
Press the nav+back+menu buttons at the same time and find the navigation menu.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:52 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by chickdr
Just take it back and have it looked into. Likely has a defective part.
Originally Posted by MTD
You could try entering the service menu and resetting it.
Press the nav+back+menu buttons at the same time and find the navigation menu.
Thanks, you two.

It may have actually healed itself. Like I described, the directions were crazy and when I first got home, the nav screen's map was showing I was in the middle of what looked like a lake at Fort Belvoir, Va., or inlet off of nearby Potomac River. But when I was just out in the car playing around with the gizmos, I noticed the map updated and the red location arrow is now hovering over my street and house coordinates. Yes!

I'll check AcuraLink tomorrow. I called the dealership and my sales guy said he'll ask the service department about it, but looks like I can tell him to never mind...
Old 09-04-2016, 09:09 AM
Pro

So... GPS seems to be working and I can now navigate fine, but AcuraLink still isn't. They deleted my subscription information and started from scratch; that is, everything was erased and began again with a standard trial subscription. Of course, standard is free for 3 years so they reset for a premium trial for 3 months. Anyway, the thing is still not working after they redid everything last night -- they said it's still provisioning, which could take up to 24 hours.

Anybody out there who experienced this same situation? Did your provisioning really take 24 (or more hours)? Frustrating, when we're talking about a literally brand spanking new premium car. I'm totally hoping to avoid a trip to the dealership (1+ hours away, one way).

LOVE the car otherwise so far in my not quite 4 full days of ownership.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
So... GPS seems to be working and I can now navigate fine, but AcuraLink still isn't. They deleted my subscription information and started from scratch; that is, everything was erased and began again with a standard trial subscription. Of course, standard is free for 3 years so they reset for a premium trial for 3 months. Anyway, the thing is still not working after they redid everything last night -- they said it's still provisioning, which could take up to 24 hours.

Anybody out there who experienced this same situation? Did your provisioning really take 24 (or more hours)? Frustrating, when we're talking about a literally brand spanking new premium car. I'm totally hoping to avoid a trip to the dealership (1+ hours away, one way).

LOVE the car otherwise so far in my not quite 4 full days of ownership.
I had a brand new "premium" issue as well when my parking brake harness was not hooked up properly and no warnings/sounds displayed/went off when the parking brake was depressed. That required replacing the entire parking brake system when we drove with it on for about 50 miles. There seems to be some serious QC issues at the factory in Liberty, OH.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by chickdr
I had a brand new "premium" issue as well when my parking brake harness was not hooked up properly and no warnings/sounds displayed/went off when the parking brake was depressed. That required replacing the entire parking brake system when we drove with it on for about 50 miles. There seems to be some serious QC issues at the factory in Liberty, OH.
Wow... That must've been a royal pain. Makes my AcuraLink issue seem so trivial. The 24 hours that they've asked me to wait to allow the re-provisioning to complete is around 9:30 tonight. So, if it's not resolved by morning, I'll keep my appointment at the dealership for tomorrow afternoon to have them look at it. I'll have to hand it to them that they have Service Department hours on Sunday (today) and on tomorrow's Labor Day federal holiday. While I'm there, I'll probably take them up on their "car washes for life," too. Why not, right?

Anyway, I just hope they fix the issue (could be AcuraLink's telematic control unit). Come on, Liberty, OH! :o