Cargo liner experience?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 05:27 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cargo liner experience?

I am considering this liner. Has anyone tried it? Is it easily washable? Heavy duty or thin?

Two reasons I find it interesting
1. to protect from scuffs (I have doubts it will protect much, anybody tried?
2. To protect from a muddy dog- seems like this would work, but is it easy to clean?

http://www.acurapartsnow.com/find-pa.../CARGO%20LINER

Thought are welcome!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I got this at the point of purchase, and have it "installed". Find it works well, velcro's on to the backs of the seat and sides of the cargo area, and has a nice long "tongue" for lack of a better word that can be flipped out to cover the painted bumper area -- keeps dirt out of the gap and prevents cargo going in and out from scratching the paint. Generally stays in place even on the seat backs when they are dropped down. It shifts a little when the seats are up and down, but still attached, just sags a little in spots -- you just need to adjust the velcro once the seats are back up. Also sags a little around the sub-woofer opening, but not a big deal.

No experience with dogs, but good for beach runs, home depot runs (bags of soil/mulch, plants where the pots are a little wet, etc.), and seems to do what I expected it to --- basically keep some dirt and water and sand at bay when the cargo is a little messier. Moderately substantial canvas like material, haven't washed it yet, seems it could be spot cleaned, not sure I'd toss this in the washer.

Convenient in that it can stay put and be ready when you need it, and doesn't look bad doing it, although with a parchment interior and a parchment cargo cover, it would have been good to have in parchment as well. Comes with a storage bag, but seems unneeded -- more a pain to pull it out and install.

I also got the cargo tray, so have that sitting on top of the liner, and that is even sturdier and easier to clean out. (Just flip up the tray if you need to access the "tongue" piece, folds flat and isn't noticeable) Sales guy probably thought I was going overboard, but the cargo tray is a good general purpose protector, has the lip to keep liquids contained, less is going to be banging the sides unless you are getting more hard core in what you are carrying around, and the liner is good for protecting the sides. Basically set them and forget them at this point, I'd recommend pulling the trigger!
The following users liked this post:
Telemonster (09-05-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm looking at both too.. man all these accessory is gonna add up... how much did you pay for yours ?

If I dont get a good price at dealer, ill be buying it from h&a

http://www.handa-accessories.com/rdx13.html
Old 09-06-2012, 10:20 AM
10th Gear

If you haven't already placed your order I would also suggest checking out http://www.dchautomotiveparts.com for your accessories.

I recently purchased a bunch of accessories for my RDX from them and had no problems. They are a Honda and Acura dealership located in California. There prices are really competitive. Your price for the two items at their website is 212.30 plus shipping which is very reasonable as well.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Telemonster
I am considering this liner. Has anyone tried it? Is it easily washable? Heavy duty or thin?

Two reasons I find it interesting
1. to protect from scuffs (I have doubts it will protect much, anybody tried?
2. To protect from a muddy dog- seems like this would work, but is it easy to clean?

http://www.acurapartsnow.com/find-pa.../CARGO%20LINER

Thought are welcome!
I ordered the liner from my local dealer, and so far, like it. I often haul various items with the rear seats down, like garden stuff, pets, tools, even a lawn mower or weed eater. The liner really helps keep things cleaner and tidier. Worth the $$, IMO.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Instructor

Got the liner on ebay from a dealer @ $136 shipped and we like it for the baby gear (beige int!).
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Considering the purchase of a cargo liner, can you access the cargo hooks with the liner in place?

Thanks
Old 10-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by JetsJetsJets
Considering the purchase of a cargo liner, can you access the cargo hooks with the liner in place?

Thanks
Yes, the hooks are still accessible. It was a must have for me because I have 2 big dogs. If you have parchment interior I highly recommend the liner.
The following users liked this post:
JetsJetsJets (10-04-2012)