Anyone spotted the new RDX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 04:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FrostyZoob
As far as I can tell they're made out of solid, molded plastic. No air can pass through them.
Thanks for the confirmation, I was afraid of this.
Sumoto

Last edited by sumoto; 04-30-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:18 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 444 Likes on 303 Posts
Originally Posted by andysinnh
My local dealer in Nashua NH shows one '16 on their inventory - a WDP AWD Advance - VIN ending in 0600. Not sure if they have it or not....

andy

My VIN is 634 and sitting to be transported. Ugghhh.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:51 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by sumoto
Just wondering how good of resale value....? How many miles in (3) years of driving?
Sumoto

Just over 34 months of driving...with 23,500 miles. Based on the MSRP of this car and what I'm getting on trade....my depreciation has been only 27%. I'm getting 73% of what the MSRP was.

The RDX has an excellent record of holding it's value. Normally it's rated at the 5 yr point when comparing vehicles against each other.

Acura and Honda vehicles do very well overall. I'm not complaining.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:19 AM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sharp in Black

Looks great in Black:

The following users liked this post:
kurtatx (05-10-2015)
Old 05-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by giovane
According to acura.com it should have been at the dealership last week, but apparently it's nowhere.
Are they hiding it trying to sell the 2015 leftover?

please let the forum know if you see it somewhere.

Tustinacura and mission Viejo acura has them in southern California.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Gillman Acura of Houston said their 2016 models are being shipped right now and they should be arriving somewhere next week.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Looks like the '15's are going to fly off the lots with such great deals...such as $3,000 from Acura. My salesman sold 3 in one day!! It is a great buy for those that can't or don't want to spend the bigger money for the new '16. The '13-'15 RDX AWD Tech models are great SUV's.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dmnguyen
Tustinacura and mission Viejo acura has them in southern California.
I spoke with Mission Viejo Norm Reeves Acura - they won't be in for another few days - week, although the website does indicate they are in stock.

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Looks like the '15's are going to fly off the lots with such great deals...such as $3,000 from Acura. My salesman sold 3 in one day!! It is a great buy for those that can't or don't want to spend the bigger money for the new '16. The '13-'15 RDX AWD Tech models are great SUV's.
Yep - right now the best I've come across for a 2015 FWD Tech pack is $34,707 inc. destination. That's a $3,930 savings over the same 2016 model. I don't know how I'm going to convince my wife
Old 05-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Tempted by the 2016, but finding it's difficult to determine likely trade for a 2013 AWD Tech, somewhat due to options I added - hitch, full wood, remote start, mats, cargo cover, liner, accessory rims, etc. 22.5k miles, 33 months old. Edmunds doesn'ttallow for options when calculating trade-in. Any thoughts?
Old 05-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by PossumGrease
Looks great in Black:

Agreed. I'm not certain what I think about the black mesh look on the lower front where the fog lights in general are, so the black takes that out of the equation a bit. When you build one on acura.com it especially looks good and I like the exterior accessory of the chrome trim along the lower door line too.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:48 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Sculldog3
Tempted by the 2016, but finding it's difficult to determine likely trade for a 2013 AWD Tech, somewhat due to options I added - hitch, full wood, remote start, mats, cargo cover, liner, accessory rims, etc. 22.5k miles, 33 months old. Edmunds doesn'ttallow for options when calculating trade-in. Any thoughts?

Interior accessories....if going with same color....can be saved and used on the '16. Mats, cargo cover, liner...all will cross over. Hitch..I'd remove and keep to install on '16 if possible...should be able to. If not...remove it anyway and sell it. Rims..?? do you have the originals? Put them back on. Remote start...hmmm...not sure on that one...but, if it were mine, I'd check into removing it and using on '16 if possible.

I would trade yours in as close to the way it came to you as possible. Because the "books" don't account for most any item accessory you add. I have seen hitches on one of the "books."

But, I'm trading my '13 in for a '16...and part of my negotiating is also based around what is on the car...that I can't remove...wood items, bsm's...3M clear bra...newer tires....new brake pads....I bring these items up to the person I am negotiating with. And, I do not deal with salesman. I only buy directly from the GM of the dealership or the #2 person..which is the Gen. Sales Mgr. Been doing that for many years. 10 new vehicles in the last 9 yrs...all done with either of those 2 positions...mostly GM's.

I always say...I know these items are not accounted for in the "book values" etc, but....you will push the fact when you sell my vehicle that all these items are on the vehicle and thus you will work to get more money for it. I therefore want a little more for my trade.

I too have low miles...23,500....perfect condition and care...all records...paint has been pro buffed at least 6 times...paint is like new...etc. I build up my trade and push those facts...HARD....'cause I know it's worth something to them when they sell it.

I've been pretty successful using this policy of trading.

I'm getting 73% of the MSRP for my '13 AWD Tech, pearl white w/parchment. Also...a favorite color combo..helps it sell.

But, I know I've "lost money" when adding items to vehicles and then trading them. It's inevitable IF you like to put "things" on your new car/truck/suv. You enjoy those things while you own it...and you know that when you sell or trade you will certainly NOT get what you paid for those items.

You just have to understand those facts when you add "things" to a new vehicle. Part of being a lover of cars, trucks, suv's....for me it's my hobby. I enjoy it.

I just bought a new '15 Accord Cpe, V6 EX-L navi, pearl white w/2 tone leather interior. I put on a set of Acura TSX A-Spec wheels that I've had stored for some time. They are like new...almost impossible to find anywhere...and worth at least $2K to $2.5K. Mounted those on some new Conti tires. Looks amazing. Put the stock wheels and tires in wrapped tire bags and stored them. They will go back on when it's time to sell/trade it. The Acura wheels/tires will go in storage. I will sell them one day if I find I won't use them again.
Sculldog3 (05-03-2015)
Old 05-03-2015, 06:00 AM
Instructor

View this post on Instagram

In white. Too bad it doesn't come with ebony interior in US
Old 05-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
Remote start...hmmm...not sure on that one...but, if it were mine, I'd check into removing it and using on '16 if possible.

The 2016 remote start is not compatible with the old system. The new system is one remote versus two. It also has a much longer range. At least for the TLX, the new system is a pretty simple clip in module for the car. The old remote start system was a PITA to install.
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-03-2015)
Old 05-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
https://instagram.com/p/2L644Otgeh/

In white, it looks like it's missing some trim somewhere. Of course, in Texas, we have to muck up the look with a front tag
Old 05-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by CoachRick
In white, it looks like it's missing some trim somewhere. Of course, in Texas, we have to muck up the look with a front tag

Of course everyone has their favorite color combos, etc. They should have offered the "ebony/black" interior also with the white so more folks could enjoy the great pearl white.

They did add some chrome trim around the front corners where the "fake vents" are and fog lights. And you can put the body side mldg. on...even though same color it does show a new "body line" that to me adds to the flat sided bland look. Also, new in the Accessories dept. are the chrome trim pieces that go just below the doors edges. Also, can put on the running boards...with 2 choices this time. Also, adding the roof rails help set off with some contrasting color.

Pinstripes are still done that can add some color contrast..if done tastefully. Have to find a "pro" that still does this work with real paint and a horsehair brush....and a steady hand! LOL! Had a local pro do this to a gray metallic CRV I had not long ago. He would "lay" different colors on the fender to let me see how it would look....then I picked a "dual color" combo and had him lay it down.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CoachRick
I'd suggest the 'Chrome Door Trim" or if you want to really go over the top......."The Surfboard Attachment"!
Sumoto
Old 05-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
I saw another one today, I guess they're gonna sell well, good for me, more people trading in their 2013's, making it easier for me to get a used one down the road.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Of course everyone has their favorite color combos, etc. They should have offered the "ebony/black" interior also with the white so more folks could enjoy the great pearl white.
I totally agree. Its purely my taste, but I hate the Parchment interior more than I love the pearl white. Too bad for me - because it's a deal killer for me on the white. I'm an Ebony interior guy
Old 05-05-2015, 11:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kaputnik
I totally agree. Its purely my taste, but I hate the Parchment interior more than I love the pearl white. Too bad for me - because it's a deal killer for me on the white. I'm an Ebony interior guy
+1

Hate parchment, love pearl white, hate Acura for this mess.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:26 PM
Instructor

Incredible nobody on this board got delivery of a 2016 model yet.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:28 PM
4th Gear

Incredible nobody on this board got delivery of a 2016 model yet.
I am told mine will arrive next week. I was also told that in April so we will see.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

My VIN is now posted on my Dealer's web site. Acura does this. It will now be approx. 10 days until arrival at dealer. They have received 2 so far....8 more on the way.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Still no 2016's in Houston at all.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Still no 2016's in Houston at all.
That sucks. They have had several in Dallas area for two weeks already.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:43 PM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
An Acura salesman (Houston) called me today and said they should have some this weekend. We'll see. I don't think even they really know for sure....
Old 05-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
I just heard from my dealership that the 2016's arrived here in Memphis today. I will be going by to look at them tomorrow. Maybe driving one home Saturday :-)
Old 05-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
None at Marin Acura yet. Still 21 2015s listed. But here in Marin, the MDX is king.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:58 AM
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Speaking of spotting new rides, in the past few days I saw a 2016 RDX, a NX 200t (not F), and a GLA. NX looks real good from the rear, if only they had done such a good job in the front.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CybrRdr
An Acura salesman (Houston) called me today and said they should have some this weekend. We'll see. I don't think even they really know for sure....
Sterling McCall Acura of Houston just called me. They received one 2016 they will use for test drive.
I will go check that out later today.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:42 AM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Sterling McCall Acura of Houston just called me. They received one 2016 they will use for test drive.
I will go check that out later today.
Nice, That's my local dealer. Maybe we'll test drive it tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Pro

That sucks. They have had several in Dallas area for two weeks already.
Not sitting outside in the hail and tornadoes, I hope
Old 05-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
Test drove a red/parchment 2016 RDX Tech today. I liked it - very tame feeling/sounding engine though - compared with our 3.7 liter in our 2010 MDX. But smooth. And supposedly much better MPGs than the thirsty 3.7 liter in the MDX.

Like the fact that it had a full size spare - most OEMs try to cheat on the spare these days so great that Acura had a full sized one in the RDX.

Wish they would allow a fake wood interior like we have for the MDX.

A little confused about the dual center stack screen. Maybe I am not used to it but I felt the central touch screen was a bit redundant – I like my old school buttons on the 2013 and earlier MDX a little better.

On GLA 250 vs NX vs RDX, I have test driven them all at this point. On driving dynamics and feel, I would put the GLA last and give the NX a slight edge over the RDX but not a ton.

On exterior styling, I would have the GLA first followed by the NX and then the RDX.

On interior, I would put the NX first, followed by the RDX and the GLA ( without the super upscale Recaros etc etc ) would be last. The GLA interior loses out cos of the retarded iPad nav screen and the plasticky center cup holder area below the center stack. I love the interior look and feel of the NX – everything seems so right and wherever you touch, it feels like quality materials. The RDX does OK on the interior but I guess coming from an RL and now MDX, I am not blown away by the RDX interior. And to be fair, I did not expect to be blown away.

And then lastly on space, RDX first, NX second, then the little GLA. The RDX provides the best roominess and can probably haul the most stuff. The GLA is just a tall hatchback and does not really haul much at all.

Which would I own ? The GLA is out for sure. Qn for me is whether I would want to shell out the extra 4-5k to get an NX equipped just like an RDX Advance with every bell and whistle. Not decided as yet and will be a tough choice cos I have been a happy Acura and a happy Lexus owner over the last several years.

To be decided …
Old 05-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Instructor

Test drove the 2016 model for a short ride today, FWD with tech and acurawatch. I haven't tried the previous version so I'm not able to compare the two models.
I did drive the NX though and I couldn't agree more with NJ06RL about NX vs RDX. Infotainment system is not so good on Lexus as well, but slightly better than Acura's.

I think I will go with the RDX eventually because roomier and for the smoother engine. Not a huge fan of 4 cyl turbos.

At Sterling Acura of Houston

Last edited by giovane; 05-08-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ06RL
Test drove a red/parchment 2016 RDX Tech today. I liked it - very tame feeling/sounding engine though - compared with our 3.7 liter in our 2010 MDX. But smooth. And supposedly much better MPGs than the thirsty 3.7 liter in the MDX.

Like the fact that it had a full size spare - most OEMs try to cheat on the spare these days so great that Acura had a full sized one in the RDX.

Wish they would allow a fake wood interior like we have for the MDX.

A little confused about the dual center stack screen. Maybe I am not used to it but I felt the central touch screen was a bit redundant – I like my old school buttons on the 2013 and earlier MDX a little better.

On GLA 250 vs NX vs RDX, I have test driven them all at this point. On driving dynamics and feel, I would put the GLA last and give the NX a slight edge over the RDX but not a ton.

On exterior styling, I would have the GLA first followed by the NX and then the RDX.

On interior, I would put the NX first, followed by the RDX and the GLA ( without the super upscale Recaros etc etc ) would be last. The GLA interior loses out cos of the retarded iPad nav screen and the plasticky center cup holder area below the center stack. I love the interior look and feel of the NX – everything seems so right and wherever you touch, it feels like quality materials. The RDX does OK on the interior but I guess coming from an RL and now MDX, I am not blown away by the RDX interior. And to be fair, I did not expect to be blown away.

And then lastly on space, RDX first, NX second, then the little GLA. The RDX provides the best roominess and can probably haul the most stuff. The GLA is just a tall hatchback and does not really haul much at all.

Which would I own ? The GLA is out for sure. Qn for me is whether I would want to shell out the extra 4-5k to get an NX equipped just like an RDX Advance with every bell and whistle. Not decided as yet and will be a tough choice cos I have been a happy Acura and a happy Lexus owner over the last several years.

To be decided …
I agree so wholeheartedly on the infotainment system - it is downright stupid.

Have you considered the GLK? The GLK is also built in Germany which makes it eligible for European Delivery, you receive a nice little MSRP rebate (something like 5% or 7%) plus it's a great vacation experience if ya got the time. Although, I imagine haggling with an on the lot unit would be ultimately cheaper (both car and out of pocket vacation expenses). Wife and I looked at GLK when we did our RDX and NX test drives. Smooth, quiet, geriatric but strangely quick! We couldn't get into the styling, dealership experience was off-putting as well.

We loved the NX, too, but the RDX has something like 9 cubic square feet more room in the trunk over the NX with seats up. Plus, I can't even fit in the rear seat of the NX without turning my neck or hitting my head against the ceiling - beauty over utility I suppose.

Test drove the 2016 model for a short ride today, FWD with tech and acurawatch. I haven't tried the previous version so I'm not able to compare the two models.
I did drive the NX though and I couldn't agree more with NJ06RL about NX vs RDX. Infotainment system is not so good on Lexus as well, but slightly better than Acura's.

I think I will go with the RDX eventually because roomier and for the smoother engine. Not a huge fan of 4 cyl turbos.
Solid. Yep, NX touch pad system ain't no peach either.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:15 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
https://instagram.com/p/2L644Otgeh/

I like those wheels. They aren't the standard ones, are they?
Old 05-09-2015, 06:42 AM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by trackappraiser

Have you considered the GLK? The GLK is also built in Germany which makes it eligible for European Delivery, you receive a nice little MSRP rebate (something like 5% or 7%) plus it's a great vacation experience if ya got the time. Although, I imagine haggling with an on the lot unit would be ultimately cheaper (both car and out of pocket vacation expenses). Wife and I looked at GLK when we did our RDX and NX test drives. Smooth, quiet, geriatric but strangely quick! We couldn't get into the styling, dealership experience was off-putting as well.
We know Euro Delivery well - that is how we got our custom built one of a kind CLS550 - the car took us through the Alps and now it is sitting in my garage. Great experience. And discounts can be better than 7%. Be great if Acura/Lexus provided Japan delivery and we could take our cars up to Mt Fuji one day before having them sent back to us here stateside.

On the GLK, I would wait until the GLC gets announced in 3-5 months. On the lot GLK prices will fall hard cos the GLC is a lot prettier. But still, a fully equipped GLK (same options) will run nearly 57K MSRP vs a fully tricked out RDX Advance at 44-45k and a fully tricked out NX F-sport at 48-49K. With the NX, you can save on leather cos their NuLuxe is better than leather. MB's MBtex is not better than leather while with Acura you get leather anyway so no issues ...

Believe me I have done a ton of research and comparisons.
trackappraiser (05-09-2015)
Old 05-09-2015, 09:18 AM
Pro

. Be great if Acura/Lexus provided Japan delivery and we could take our cars up to Mt Fuji one day before having them sent back to us here stateside.
Not too likely, I reckon, with the RDX being made in Ohio.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:51 AM
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Did it have a full size spare as standard equipment? Did you test drive the AWD version? There was some discussion in another thread that the FWD '16 RDX lost the spare as standard equipment, but AWD didn't. It hasn't been confirmed, so it would be great if you could.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:09 PM
The Original Shawdy

Received 427 Likes on 349 Posts
Anyone know what the lug pattern is? Is it 5x120 or is it 5x114? I will be purchasing the 16' RDX Advance soon to add to my 14' TL SH AWD which is my weekend show car. I will definitely be swapping out the stock wheels for summer so would love to start shopping soon. I do have 20" Work VSXX but wondering how 20's compare to 22's on this SUV. I know 20's were too small for the MDX.

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2015, 12:16 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks, who compares NX and RDX - Did you noticed difference in sitting comfort while in NX ? I saw side wings, not sure if that can prevent us to feel VERY relaxed, in comparison to RDX (or even their RX350)

Quick Reply: Anyone spotted the new RDX?