2019 MDX ASpec - Black/Black

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019 | 07:01 PM
Drifting

2019 MDX ASpec - Black/Black

I had previously written here that I was undecided on getting another RDX (Have a 2017 RDX), and my Wife has a 2014 RDX. I test drove the RDX and although I liked it, I think I was looking for bigger and smoother, and a V6. I also tested the 2019 Honda Pilot Black Edition. Lot's to like about this vehicle with things you cannot get on the Acura's (wireless charging), and I had to go up to the top of the line RDX to git the kick the bumper to open up the rear hatch. MDX does not have this at any trim level or a panoramic sunroof available which is on the Pilot Black edition and all RDXs. That said, the Pilot is too rough and van like, but that panoramic sunroof is nice.

Anyway, after I tested the RDX/Pilot and MDX, I chose the MDX. I have had the MDX in the past (04/06), but they were more the size of the RDX, but great vehicles. It's hard to justify getting a Pilot when the MDX, with their current rebates and low interest rater (.9%) was about the same price. The RDX, with no rebates and a higher interest rate was close to the price of the MDX ( a bit less), with the pricing of the 19 RDX being higher this year.

I asked my dealer to eat the last 2 months of my lease on my 17 RDX and although not necessarily interested they ended up coming through. I get it tomorrow and am excited to get back in this vehicle. I am older now and am ready for a more luxurious vehicle.
Old 03-30-2019 | 10:18 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Awesome. Didn’t realize that the new RDX , Pilot Elite trim and MDX are in similar price range. Did you try out the passport yet? You may not like it, but if I was in the market, I would have tried it too.
Congrats on the MDX though. It’s the most luxurious of the lot. I think you’ll be really happy with that one. Most people I know who have MDX have kept it far longer than other cars.
I’d like to keep my current RDX (2014) for as long as I can (since I really like its ride and comfort) but if I ever replace it, it will be another Acura, most likely an MDX. The new RDX is good too, but like you, I prefer a V6.
Old 04-01-2019 | 05:13 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Comfy
Awesome. Didn’t realize that the new RDX , Pilot Elite trim and MDX are in similar price range. Did you try out the passport yet? You may not like it, but if I was in the market, I would have tried it too.
Congrats on the MDX though. It’s the most luxurious of the lot. I think you’ll be really happy with that one. Most people I know who have MDX have kept it far longer than other cars.
I’d like to keep my current RDX (2014) for as long as I can (since I really like its ride and comfort) but if I ever replace it, it will be another Acura, most likely an MDX. The new RDX is good too, but like you, I prefer a V6.

I did not bother with the Passport as it is essentially a slightly smaller Pilot with 3 less seats, but a huge cargo area. As I preferred the MDX to the Pilot, I just did not try it. I like the MDX a lot. We still have a 14 RDX which my Wife drives and it has been great. The MDX is close in price because of incentives to move them that RDX does not have, along with lower interest rates. My MDX was manufactured in mid November 2018, so it looks like it was sitting for a while.
The following users liked this post:
Comfy (04-01-2019)