Originally Posted by wildeklave
The ILX refresh information was just released from the LA Auto Show

2016 Acura ILX, for better or worse - Autoblog

Upgrades include:
- some styling items
- all the new safety features on the MDX, Accord, CRV, and RLX
- Jewel Eyed Headlights
- new 8 speed transmission

My speculation for the RDX is that the RDX will get all the same upgrades including the Earth Dreams engine.
I agree, I think it is positive news for a significant RDX MMC. If the RDX Advance is the small SUV equivalent to the TLX Advance I might buy that instead. Oh... and hopefully they fix those damn struts.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:19 AM
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
The 2016 RDX will keep the same powertrain/transmission as 2013+...it will be getting an advance package with the same features as the MDX minus the rear dvd. Also adding led headlights, dual screen setup, power liftgate standard on non tech package and a few other minor tweaks.

No word on whether or not sh-awd will be available in the future since there may be a larger suv in the works so that would leave the RDX as the entry level cuv for Acura. I just spoke with an Acura district sales manager today regarding changes that are coming early next year...it's gonna be very interesting, to say the least...
Old 11-25-2014, 07:25 AM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
thanks bovicious

The engine and its power are decent right now and I can understand not changing itThat basically means no engine change until 2018ish.

Nice note about the bigger SUV. I did see on Autospies that they may bring a minivan into the lineup too..
Old 11-25-2014, 10:02 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by bovicious
The 2016 RDX will keep the same powertrain/transmission as 2013+...it will be getting an advance package with the same features as the MDX minus the rear dvd. Also adding led headlights, dual screen setup, power liftgate standard on non tech package and a few other minor tweaks.

No word on whether or not sh-awd will be available in the future since there may be a larger suv in the works so that would leave the RDX as the entry level cuv for Acura. I just spoke with an Acura district sales manager today regarding changes that are coming early next year...it's gonna be very interesting, to say the least...
If you were really "connected" to Acura then you would use the term "Jewel Eye" instead of LED.

That would have drilled into you from day 1.

Who really believes that a district sales manager is kept in the loop about upcoming features. They are deliberately kept out of the loop in order to flog the current product.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:03 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

thanks bovicious

The engine and its power are decent right now and I can understand not changing itThat basically means no engine change until 2018ish.

Nice note about the bigger SUV. I did see on Autospies that they may bring a minivan into the lineup too..
Right. Minivans are a real growth segment right now
Old 11-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ceb
Right. Minivans are a real growth segment right now
There was an article a few months ago about a Japanese businessman who drives Lexus vehicles asking Toyota for a Lexus minivan because he said when entertaining clients the SUVs and passenger cars do not provide the right comfort level. This businessman has a driver on staff and takes out 2-4 clients at a time.

In the North American market you have the soccer moms from affluent communities. They may drive an MDX, RX, Q7, or X5 now but may prefer a luxury version of the Odyssey or Sienna.

A minivan would also work well for the aging population who have money and are getting to the age when they may start to have health issues and need to use walkers or wheel chairs. A minivan is easier than an SUV for those.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:40 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ceb
If you were really "connected" to Acura then you would use the term "Jewel Eye" instead of LED.

That would have drilled into you from day 1.

Who really believes that a district sales manager is kept in the loop about upcoming features. They are deliberately kept out of the loop in order to flog the current product.

Oh my apologies for not spelling out Jewel Eye LED when its almost a given thats what LED headlights means! Oh and FYI that isn't drilled into us from day 1, customers want to hear laymans terms when discussing what the vehicle offers, when you start throwing around Jewel Eye LED headlights and Precision All Wheel Steering and Integrated Dynamics System they look at you like you have shit coming out of your eyes like their a deer in the headlights...

Well district sales managers are on a direct line of communication with exec's so yea im sure they arent told anything, you're right
Old 11-25-2014, 01:26 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Oh my apologies for not spelling out Jewel Eye LED when its almost a given thats what LED headlights means! Oh and FYI that isn't drilled into us from day 1, customers want to hear laymans terms when discussing what the vehicle offers, when you start throwing around Jewel Eye LED headlights and Precision All Wheel Steering and Integrated Dynamics System they look at you like you have shit coming out of your eyes like their a deer in the headlights...

Well district sales managers are on a direct line of communication with exec's so yea im sure they arent told anything, you're right
You are so full of it. While PAWS, IDS and the other things do cause a customer's eyes to glaze over, Acura management has been pretty adamant about using the term "Jewel Eye" to refer to the headlights - but you wouldn't know that.

With all of three posts when you said this, I'm sure that your Acura supervisors are glad that you are sharing this "top secret info".

Why don't you tell us who you are and where you work?

And actually "LED" doesn't mean Jewel Eye, but Jewel Eye does mean LED.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:13 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ceb
You are so full of it. While PAWS, IDS and the other things do cause a customer's eyes to glaze over, Acura management has been pretty adamant about using the term "Jewel Eye" to refer to the headlights - but you wouldn't know that.

With all of three posts when you said this, I'm sure that your Acura supervisors are glad that you are sharing this "top secret info".

lol ok pal, you're right, Im sure every person you've talked to has said "oh yeah jewel eye LED headlights" when in reality I would say unless it's younger buyer or someone that LOVES the tech side of Acura, the customer doesn't know what the sales person is even talking about, hence breaking it down further and calling them LED headlights, which *GASP* are exactly what they are!! It's bad enough acura has IDS, PAWS, SH-AWD, ELS, LKAS etc...when you're talking to someone not up to speed with Acura tech, you break it down...Toyota has friggn LED headlights on a corolla and do you think they're trying to give their customers some fancy, cute, long drawn out name of their headlights? no...they're LED headlights! So again, excuse me for abbreviating! You seemed to know EXACTLY what I was talking about when I said led headlights, enough that you called me out to further emphasize they should be called "jewel eye"...and yes, LED headlights do mean jewel eye in the world of Acura because Acura doesn't make any other led headlights other than the jewel eye, so the point you're trying to make is invalid, end of discussion...

I'm not able to divulge what part of Acura I'm affiliated with, just know I am affiliated with the company and I was at the recent meeting where all the execs were and explained what the plans were for future vehicles, including ILX, MDX and RDX....so if you think I'm "full of it" let's just wait and see what pops up this next spring, shall we?
Old 11-26-2014, 06:51 AM
Racer

lol ok pal, you're right, Im sure every person you've talked to has said "oh yeah jewel eye LED headlights" when in reality I would say unless it's younger buyer or someone that LOVES the tech side of Acura, the customer doesn't know what the sales person is even talking about, hence breaking it down further and calling them LED headlights, which *GASP* are exactly what they are!! It's bad enough acura has IDS, PAWS, SH-AWD, ELS, LKAS etc...when you're talking to someone not up to speed with Acura tech, you break it down...Toyota has friggn LED headlights on a corolla and do you think they're trying to give their customers some fancy, cute, long drawn out name of their headlights? no...they're LED headlights! So again, excuse me for abbreviating! You seemed to know EXACTLY what I was talking about when I said led headlights, enough that you called me out to further emphasize they should be called "jewel eye"...and yes, LED headlights do mean jewel eye in the world of Acura because Acura doesn't make any other led headlights other than the jewel eye, so the point you're trying to make is invalid, end of discussion...

I'm not able to divulge what part of Acura I'm affiliated with, just know I am affiliated with the company and I was at the recent meeting where all the execs were and explained what the plans were for future vehicles, including ILX, MDX and RDX....so if you think I'm "full of it" let's just wait and see what pops up this next spring, shall we?

When they discussed the ILX did they discuss a more powerful engine version to compete closes with the BMW 328 / 335 or Audi A3 2.0 engine?
Old 11-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Intermediate

When they discussed the ILX did they discuss a more powerful engine version to compete closes with the BMW 328 / 335 or Audi A3 2.0 engine?
They didn't get into any additional info other than the engine that's coming out for the 2016, but they were SUPER SUPER hush hush about performance variants coming out in the future for all vehicles, just stating they are coming eventually...

I'm 99% sure the type-s name has been retired but I'm fairly certain they have something in the works!
Old 11-26-2014, 05:52 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Yep. And you'll be partially right and I'll be partially right.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Okay, where can we start a thread about this? This is nuts!!! Acura minivan?? Please, please no.

Is Acura working on a premium minivan? - Autoblog
Old 11-26-2014, 10:00 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by panamera125
Okay, where can we start a thread about this? This is nuts!!! Acura minivan?? Please, please no.

We need to see one in person before deciding how much we hate it...
The following users liked this post:
panamera125 (11-28-2014)
Old 11-28-2014, 01:58 AM
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Comfy
We need to see one in person before deciding how much we hate it...
"Mechanically, our spies believe that the production version of Acura's minivan might borrow the brand's V6, nine-speed automatic and Super Handling All-Wheel Drive"

Good find and its great, if a minivan will have of those great features, it's almost sure the RDX will too.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Racer

a minivan would be smart. The only sort of premium minivan is the Chrysler model. Those with money that have larger families and may have an Acura, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti, or Acura are probably not going to buy the main stream version of a minivan unless they have to.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by panamera125

This was discussed on temple of vtec already, it's a mule for either the next gen Odyssey or Ridgeline. A Hondura insider already mentioned it and said the people at Honda had a good laugh with all the speculation that it was an Acura minivan.

Interesting idea but a $50k+ minivan wouldn't fair that well I don't think lol
Old 11-29-2014, 06:27 AM
Pro

This was discussed on temple of vtec already, it's a mule for either the next gen Odyssey or Ridgeline. A Hondura insider already mentioned it and said the people at Honda had a good laugh with all the speculation that it was an Acura minivan.
Morons! they suck playing games like that.
I still hope the 2016 RDX will have the 9 speed ZF, an AWD system that doesn't clunk, and an upgraded interior to mach the MDX, a bigger screen and a better Nav would be nice too.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:12 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yall don't hate me!

Well guys I ran out of patience. We went today just to "look" at the Lexus NX and walked out the door with one (sort of). The dealership didn't have any to sell just yet just demos but we nagged one that's coming in a few weeks. Currently on a ship in the pacific heading towards LA right now. Always gonna love Acura though!

What did I like? Looks a lot better in person and bigger for that matter. Pictures don't do it justice! When sitting in it it does sort of hug you but not overly done. It feels solid to the touch and all the knobs and surfaces are high quality (Lexus). Driving wise it is like butter but has a sport mode that stiffens everything up and will automatically shift to sport with excited driving (or there is a nob to switch it to sport). The 2.0 turbo is perfect for thi car. I like it better in this car than the X3 I also test drove. Back seat space was fine. Air vents are in the back. The trunk space is tiny!!!! But it's the sloping roofline that does it. The floor space is okay but the slope gets it. All we ever use it for is groceries so I'm fine with it. It could probably hold 15 grocery bags (plastic ones) and still be okay to open the hatch and not worry about stuff falling out.

We went with white on creme (tan). Financed through Lexus Financial and they easily matched the best rate we found. Plus he threw in window tint and a phone charging case for the wireless charger in the car. Won't take delivery for a few weeks but they gave us a brand new demo to ride around in until it gets here! Top notch service.

2015 Lexus NX
White with creme interior
Premium package (upgraded headlights, upgraded rims, heated and vented seats, moonroof, intuitive parking assist, power lift gate, QI wireless charging station, illuminated door sills, cargo net, front and rear parking sensors)
$41,xxx.

Not to mention free valet at Ranger games, the Dallas Theatre, 1 week free valet parking at DFW airport and other Lexus owner perks!
Old 12-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ceb

Stop being a d1ck!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by NurseDMB
Well guys I ran out of patience. We went today just to "look" at the Lexus NX and walked out the door with one (sort of). The dealership didn't have any to sell just yet just demos but we nagged one that's coming in a few weeks. Currently on a ship in the pacific heading towards LA right now. Always gonna love Acura though!

What did I like? Looks a lot better in person and bigger for that matter. Pictures don't do it justice! When sitting in it it does sort of hug you but not overly done. It feels solid to the touch and all the knobs and surfaces are high quality (Lexus). Driving wise it is like butter but has a sport mode that stiffens everything up and will automatically shift to sport with excited driving (or there is a nob to switch it to sport). The 2.0 turbo is perfect for thi car. I like it better in this car than the X3 I also test drove. Back seat space was fine. Air vents are in the back. The trunk space is tiny!!!! But it's the sloping roofline that does it. The floor space is okay but the slope gets it. All we ever use it for is groceries so I'm fine with it. It could probably hold 15 grocery bags (plastic ones) and still be okay to open the hatch and not worry about stuff falling out.

We went with white on creme (tan). Financed through Lexus Financial and they easily matched the best rate we found. Plus he threw in window tint and a phone charging case for the wireless charger in the car. Won't take delivery for a few weeks but they gave us a brand new demo to ride around in until it gets here! Top notch service.

2015 Lexus NX
White with creme interior
Premium package (upgraded headlights, upgraded rims, heated and vented seats, moonroof, intuitive parking assist, power lift gate, QI wireless charging station, illuminated door sills, cargo net, front and rear parking sensors)
$41,xxx.

Not to mention free valet at Ranger games, the Dallas Theatre, 1 week free valet parking at DFW airport and other Lexus owner perks!
Congrats!!!

Thanks for testing the waters for us!!! We have until August when our lease is up. Hopefully, Lexus will be feeling generous about then!

What happened to the cursed Jeep? Did you sell it?

I had forgotten about the Lexus 'perks' like close-in parking at Turner Field in Atlanta...not sure what they have here in Austin. Will have to check it out.

Is there a single point of origin for the NX? Our former RX was produced in Canada. Is the NX actually Japanese?
Old 12-07-2014, 11:49 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by CoachRick
Congrats!!!

Thanks for testing the waters for us!!! We have until August when our lease is up. Hopefully, Lexus will be feeling generous about then!

What happened to the cursed Jeep? Did you sell it?

I had forgotten about the Lexus 'perks' like close-in parking at Turner Field in Atlanta...not sure what they have here in Austin. Will have to check it out.

Is there a single point of origin for the NX? Our former RX was produced in Canada. Is the NX actually Japanese?
We traded the Jeep in. Also found out it's carfax has s minor accident reported to it 6 months before we bought it. The ONE time I don't check the carfax. Dealership never told us. If they had I wouldn't have bought it. He said mine was coming in through Los Angeles so I assume so. We are so excited! We have a 2015 Lexus ES Hybrid that the dealership gave us to drive while we wait for it to come in. Projected date is 1/6/15.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
Apologize if this has been stated, but I didn't see it mentioned...anyone have any idea when the 2016 will be available?

We'll be ending my Veloster's lease in the September/October 2015 timeframe and we'd like to get a 2015/16 RDX for my wife (I'll take the MDX). I'd prefer 2016 if the MMC changes are of any significance.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
NurseDMB, dang, I'd forgotten about the free parking at Texas Rangers games! It was pretty cool to look important and to cruise right on by the cops who were directing traffic away from the area. BUT 1. We need the exercise so a bit further walk is good for us, and 2. Free parking didn't take away from the fact that our RX350 was a pig in handling and road manners, and the Toyota underpinnings were showing through. So, back to Acura and a good brisk walk.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:18 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Type34
Apologize if this has been stated, but I didn't see it mentioned...anyone have any idea when the 2016 will be available?

We'll be ending my Veloster's lease in the September/October 2015 timeframe and we'd like to get a 2015/16 RDX for my wife (I'll take the MDX). I'd prefer 2016 if the MMC changes are of any significance.
I think we'll probably see it around Spring 2015, as this is when the RDX model year usually changes. Most likely at the NY Auto Show in April that Acura loves so much (MDX, TLX). It will probably go on sale a few weeks later.
Type34 (12-22-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 04:10 PM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
I was originally bummed we couldn't wait for the 2016 MMC, since my wife totaled her car and we needed one ASAP, but we were planning to buy the non-tech model and I wanted some of the rumored upgrades. Now that we decided to get the tech model with the HIDs and power lift gate, things that were probably going to be on the 2016 (liftgate for all, jewel-eye LEDs, etc) are less important to me, and I think my wife would be intimidated by the dual-screen setup.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:03 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Didn't feel like waiting

Lexus bought my lease out (2013 awd tech). Picked up a rx350 f sport crafted line (only 1500 made). Awesome vechicle. I have been to 4 different acura dealers and they are all the same as far as dealer experience. The lexus dealer experience was awesome and IMO are at a completely different level.
The fsport seems to handle better with less body roll.
The RDX wins in pure grunt.
Design and fit/finish go to the Lexus
Material feel also goes to Lexus
Perks goes to Lexus.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jfarabaugh
Lexus bought my lease out (2013 awd tech). Picked up a rx350 f sport crafted line (only 1500 made). Awesome vechicle. I have been to 4 different acura dealers and they are all the same as far as dealer experience. The lexus dealer experience was awesome and IMO are at a completely different level.
The fsport seems to handle better with less body roll.
The RDX wins in pure grunt.
Design and fit/finish go to the Lexus
Material feel also goes to Lexus
Perks goes to Lexus.
Congratulations! I do hope they've made a lot of improvements since my '07 RX350. It was a bit of a pig in the handling department, and very tiring after 8 hours driving trying to get it to track straight. The best feature for me was the coffee cup holder on the left side, just below the vent.

And yes, the Lexus buying experience was a cut above. I did feel a bit out of my league, though, with all those rich guys buying top-end stuff. But now, with all the sporty stuff they have, they have to deal with more "common folk". Excellent coffee and the staffed snack counter was pretty good, especially for the gelato. But then you get the bill for service. Ouch.

Back to Acura, relaxed after 10 hours of driving, and mere mortals in the sales and service departments.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by CanTex
Congratulations! I do hope they've made a lot of improvements since my '07 RX350. It was a bit of a pig in the handling department, and very tiring after 8 hours driving trying to get it to track straight. The best feature for me was the coffee cup holder on the left side, just below the vent.

And yes, the Lexus buying experience was a cut above. I did feel a bit out of my league, though, with all those rich guys buying top-end stuff. But now, with all the sporty stuff they have, they have to deal with more "common folk". Excellent coffee and the staffed snack counter was pretty good, especially for the gelato. But then you get the bill for service. Ouch.

Back to Acura, relaxed after 10 hours of driving, and mere mortals in the sales and service departments.
Interesting observations on the RX. Our '06 RX330 was a great handler for what it was...a luxury ute. We spent many a mile on the twisties of the western NC mountains and foothills north of Atlanta. Not a bad combo of comfort and capability, IMO. Put only 36k miles on it before we switched back to Volvo(the XC70, then the XC60). A friend just moved here from Atlanta driving the same RX 330 I helped her buy at the same time we got ours. It's soft compared to the RDX; but it is still a very comfortable vehicle. Different strokes...as they say.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Advanced

My lease is up in October ... gonna check out the Lexus NX on Monday when I take the RDX in for A1 service. I swore I would not look at Lexus until I turned 50... but this one actually has me intrigued.

So my short list is still ... RDX MMC (will give it a look ... I'm going to be somewhere north of 12,000 miles UNDER on my lease, and in the past Acura dealers have made it very attractive to stay with the family). BMW X3 (have to look - I think it's overpriced, but ...). Jeep Cherokee (it's just sooo little money for sooo many features, gotta give it consideration). And the Lexus NX now.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MJ-bos
My lease is up in October ... gonna check out the Lexus NX on Monday when I take the RDX in for A1 service. I swore I would not look at Lexus until I turned 50... but this one actually has me intrigued.
Ok... I'm wowed. The NX is slick. It has all of the premium interior and advanced tech featured that I feel Acura is lacking. And it definitely looks and feels bigger in person - very aggressive styling, not your granddad's Lexus. I didn't bother taking it for a spin yet - will wait a few more months until I'm closer to lease end.

Toyota has a low mileage lease offer (7k) which may really suit me - gotta see how the numbers roll out - but right now the NX is at the top of my list. Especially the meteor blue mica or atomic silver colors.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:07 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CoachRick
Interesting observations on the RX. Our '06 RX330 was a great handler for what it was...a luxury ute. We spent many a mile on the twisties of the western NC mountains and foothills north of Atlanta. Not a bad combo of comfort and capability, IMO. Put only 36k miles on it before we switched back to Volvo(the XC70, then the XC60). A friend just moved here from Atlanta driving the same RX 330 I helped her buy at the same time we got ours. It's soft compared to the RDX; but it is still a very comfortable vehicle. Different strokes...as they say.
I remember something way back then about the 330s being more engaging to drive and then they softened everything up for the new 350s for 2007, more luxury and all that. They were catering to the primarily female audience who had moved upscale from minivans now that the family was doing better financially. He drove a BMW and she drove the 350, that sort of thing.

We're just happy to be back in Acuras even though we could probably afford a Lexus. Perceived flaws (I can't think of any but there are lots around here who can) and all, Acuras work for us.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:27 PM
2nd Gear

Jewel Eye Confirmed

Confirmed on Future page on website. RDX will receive Jewel Eye lights for 2016. The only modern Acura that hasn't seen an update with them. Of course, the ILX with Jewel Eye's won't go on sale for awhile.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
people talk about the q5, x3, and the new lexus nx....but I Think the XC60 from volvo is a great suv to aspire too....great space for family, safe, haldex awd system is very well received in the snow by users, and rock solid reliability

The RDX is close, it needs to add the rear vents, the auto front passenger adjustment seat, safety technology, and bring the SH AWD back
Old 01-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CanTex
I remember something way back then about the 330s being more engaging to drive and then they softened everything up for the new 350s for 2007, more luxury and all that. They were catering to the primarily female audience who had moved upscale from minivans now that the family was doing better financially. He drove a BMW and she drove the 350, that sort of thing.

We're just happy to be back in Acuras even though we could probably afford a Lexus. Perceived flaws (I can't think of any but there are lots around here who can) and all, Acuras work for us.

i had a 08 rx350, the ride was so floaty its not even funny...and the driver seat comfort is a joke compared to acura and the Germans
Old 01-16-2015, 11:37 PM
Intermediate

2016 RDX is adding a new color to the mix for the exterior (hint, bright) and adding graystone interior for certain exterior colors...Acura Watch will be available on each trim for both fwd and AWD, respectively (base, base w/ Acura watch, tech, tech with Acura watch etc...) as well as an advance package...hope this can clarify some questions...

and now I'll just wait til "ceb" chimes in with his diarrhea of the fingers and says I'm lying lol
JeffS (01-17-2015)
Old 01-17-2015, 06:26 AM
Pro

What is Acura watch?

I hope an advance package w/AWD won't fetch $50K.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:11 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Yes, really..what is "Acura watch"...? Is that an analogue watch on the dash ... ? ... Any charging it as a separate trim....
Old 01-17-2015, 08:43 AM
Intermediate

"AcuraWatch" is Acura's safety package which consists of blind spot monitoring, collision mitigation (CMBS) adaptive cruise control, rear cross traffic alert, road departure mitigation, lane keeping assist, forward collision warning and lane departure warning...basically it's all active safety features offered on an advance package (MDX for example) but added to each trim and packaged as "AcuraWatch", figure about $2k more over each trim I would say to be safe ( so a tech package with AcuraWatch would be $2k more than a tech package) Obviously doesn't have to be added to an advance package because it already has those features as standard
The following 2 users liked this post by bovicious:
Comfy (01-18-2015), JeffS (01-17-2015)
Old 01-18-2015, 07:00 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
I look forward to the 13 Feb reveal. I'm glad there will be an Advance Trim although there would only be a few things from that trim that I'd want. I just hope they don't price this out of reality. I'm curious if they give the RDX the same anti-noise treatment they gave the TLX (they did a great job there) and if there will be a drive train change. That might be a stretch for an MMC but they did it on the ILX. The TLX's V-6 drive train but bump up the mileage a bit. Not long to wait.

Quick Reply: 2016 RDX MMC Refresh thoughts