Please register for tranny class action suit here

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is the documentation? the NHTSA (stands for NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION) does not have a death or collision & injury due to lockup. There are 5 reported injuries due to the tranny failure only NONE of them involve collisions.

You had better search agian and again in the NHTSA..... Momentum ..there are accidents/collision as well as injurie's reported.

Look through each year model and make .....and momentum......NOT everyone has reported to NHSTA....That is FACT~~!!

You know I find it interesting that you are so fired up .....and yet have not even been injured?

We ALL could ascertain YOUR particular reaction ,if this were the case for you...we see that by your attitude here. Yes isn't it alway's easy for one to sit back and and fire off how one should react to something ...again ,judging from your reaction and not even having ever been injured ... You really should take inventory on your anger and find out where it stem's from ....Like you say ...you HAVE no issue's ,so WHY so much anger?

And one more thing Momentum ...I am NOT new here ..I have been dealing with my issue's here for a year........That is what brought me here and I will leave here once those issue's are resolved.

Trust me ...I am normally a very productive working BODY.... however due to these circumstance's that is not possible right now ,hence the ONLY reason I can actually contribute anything to these transmission issue's.

I am sorry for your anger and hope you get over it . Again there are no hard feeling's on my part ,but I do want to thank you for taking a leave from here.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by momentum3.2
If you were unable to stop your car or had a panic attack because of the abnormal behavior of your car, then yes you might crash into something or cause an accident HOWEVER that is due to the fact that you were unable to react properly to an abnormal situation, not due to Acura..

How dare you make this kinda lame and stupid comment?

If your car starts acting abnormally due to its own defect, not the driver's fault, it's the driver's responsibility not to panic and resolve the situation wisely?? Then, if one of the tires blows up due to its own defect, while driving on the highway and you happen to get seriously injured, would you have to blame yourself for not being responsive enough to jump out of the car and fly?? I had a friend of mine telling me about how he rolled his 1994 Ford Explorer when his firestone tire blew and fortunately, he walked away without too much damage on him. From your perspective, perhaps I should have made fun of him for not being able to react properly before the car rolled like a bowling ball, right??

People here are obviously not trying to make $$$ but to get things resolved better, so that anything horrible will never happen in the future. You may be smart by coming up with some physics logical crap and laugh at other people for wasting their time and money, but think about this. Physics may have worked for you but for some other people and if something like this ever happens, would you still laugh at these guys and not bother trying to get something out of it?

If you don't want to help, you might as well want to stop wasting time, making fool out of yourself.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Racer

Thankyou ~

To actually state someone didn't react properly when transmission locks-up abnd someone slams them in the rear going 55 MPH.... This happened in milliseconds ...God should have granted me ESP power's so I would have forseen this happening ! Yeah RIGHT!

Ummm. Momentum ..maybe you could give us advice on how you would react if tranny locks-up on you on the highway hopefully with the sceario of car's following behind you!....Some tip's in that area would be well appreciated ,just for future refrence ~~ so we can brace ourselve's for the next round.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:16 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was one of the injured reported in the NHTSA. I had a prior 2 level fusion with excellent results. When my tranny went out, I was badly hurt. I required surgery and had a 6 level fusion. I almost died following surgery and the loss of blood pressure over many hours caused addtional significant injuries. I can no longer work, and I cannot walk very far, stand for any length of time or sit for any length of time. I am severely damaged due to the tranny failure. I only hope there will be a realization that others, injured like myself are not able to write about their injuries or participate on line as their attorneys forbid it.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RichardA7
I was one of the injured reported in the NHTSA. I had a prior 2 level fusion with excellent results. When my tranny went out, I was badly hurt. I required surgery and had a 6 level fusion. I almost died following surgery and the loss of blood pressure over many hours caused addtional significant injuries. I can no longer work, and I cannot walk very far, stand for any length of time or sit for any length of time. I am severely damaged due to the tranny failure. I only hope there will be a realization that others, injured like myself are not able to write about their injuries or participate on line as their attorneys forbid it.

Just curious have you settled with Acura, and if you did i hope you got a couple of Milllion
Old 11-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

If an accident/injury/death occurs from a mechanical problem (not driver error or an act of god), must a report be filed with the NHTSA??

The FAA investigates every incident. Any commercial vehicle in an accident must file a report with the FHA. I can't imagine the NHTSA functions on a voluntary basis.

Statistically, I'm more worried about other drivers causing an accident than my transmission.

I glad we got an extended warranty. The only other thing we could hope for is getting some type of credit if/when buying another Honda/Acura.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:16 PM
10th Gear

Have I settled yet

No not yet. Thanks for your hopes.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:21 PM
Back to Four Doors

Originally Posted by aclura
You will have a whole new perspective when yours locks up at 70mph, I did.
Happened to me ...
Old 11-12-2006, 07:48 PM
8th Gear

Smile

question...if i bought my CL somewhere else [not a dealership] Am i still elligible for that 7yr/100k warranty? if sumthing happen to the car i contact Acura right? thanxx