noise after CT spring install

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 07:11 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noise after CT spring install

Ok, so I just got a pair of CT springs installed, despite all the hype and fuss about their quality (I'll take a gamble on them!) and now I have this kinda weird "clunkish" noise, like something is loose, in the passenger front side. I've searched and found alot of people to have noises in the rear passenger side after spring install but not the front. I have a feeling somethin is not sitting right but I figure I'd ask if anyone had a similar problem and found a fix? Oh, noise only happens when I'm going over somewhat rough roads but is not there on smooth cruising at high speeds. One more thing, I have stock shocks btw.
Also, so yesterday I was washing my car and was kneeling down by the driver's side rear tire when I heard a kind of, excuse the descriptive language, fart sound coming from the shock. I thought I was hearing things so I just continued washing when like about 5 mins later I heard it again. It's pretty funny cause it literally sounds like compressed air or gas or something coming out. I'm guessing its because my springs are still settling but just wanted to make sure its common. So, did anyone else notice this? Thanks guys.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:22 AM
Team Owner

Did the installer take those rubber isolators off your stock springs and apply them to the Comptech’s.
I think only the REAR ones come with those already on.
I might be backwards here, but I know you need to do it to TWO of them.
That might be the cause of your noise.

As for the shock-farts, no idea on that one.

Shawn S

You can see the rubber on the TOP of the front spring on this picture from my install.

Old 08-30-2004, 08:11 AM
Instructor

Thanks, Shawn. I know the rear CT's came with the rubber pieces on them and the front did not. So maybe the dealer did not take the front rubber pieces off the stock springs and put them on, I'll have to check. If this is the case, can I just get some rubber hose and wrap the top of the springs in them?

Originally Posted by Shawn S
Did the installer take those rubber isolators off your stock springs and apply them to the Comptech’s.
I think only the REAR ones come with those already on.
I might be backwards here, but I know you need to do it to TWO of them.
That might be the cause of your noise.

As for the shock-farts, no idea on that one.

Shawn S

You can see the rubber on the TOP of the front spring on this picture from my install.

Old 08-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Team Owner

I’m not sure what you can do now that they’re installed on the car.
It’s gonna be hard to get up there and put them in place all the way around properly.
When they did mine, they glued them on the metal with some kind of epoxy.

Didn’t you keep the stock parts? If you did, just pull it off them and do the best you can.
I’m not sure if there’s a reason they are placed up so high on the spring.

Be sure to check all the bolt connections too. Maybe this isn’t the problem anyway.

Shawn S