Koni Yellows on Stock Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Koni Yellows on Stock Springs

I've been running Koni Yellows (stock perch) with Comptech springs (aka Eibach). The front springs broke. I am most likely going to put some Eibach pro kit fronts back on; however, I do have my stock springs sitting in the garage after all these years and am tempted to put them on (all 4 corners of course!) and put the koni's on the lower perch to lower by 0.8". Has anyone done this and what has the ride been like and any pics? I do like the current handling (well before the springs broke), but wouldn't mind raising the car up a bit and saving some dough but giving up a little bit of time because I would have to change out the rears as well! It would make it easier when moving the kids in an out of the car and a little bit softer suspension.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
I personally wouldn't use stock springs with after market shocks, do a proper setup
Old 04-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by gurot1
I've been running Koni Yellows (stock perch) with Comptech springs (aka Eibach). The front springs broke. I am most likely going to put some Eibach pro kit fronts back on; however, I do have my stock springs sitting in the garage after all these years and am tempted to put them on (all 4 corners of course!) and put the koni's on the lower perch to lower by 0.8". Has anyone done this and what has the ride been like and any pics? I do like the current handling (well before the springs broke), but wouldn't mind raising the car up a bit and saving some dough but giving up a little bit of time because I would have to change out the rears as well! It would make it easier when moving the kids in an out of the car and a little bit softer suspension.
You can run stock springs on the KONI Yellows.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Initially I wasn't even thinking of putting the stocks back on, but then I thought maybe it might be okay and it would clear up some space in the garage. I couldn't find much info using the search function of either CL or TL with this combo. Are stock springs progressive? Would they feel a little stiffer when Koni on lower perch?