21''??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005 | 02:50 PM
WoodgrainCLS

21''??

Anyone know if a 21x9 rim with a 245/35/zr21 tire will fit on a cl?
Old 03-08-2005 | 02:54 PM
I shave my change purse

no, ghetto, will look like a 4x4

19 is the largest you should go on a CL.

A few people have 20's that already look horrible even with a drop.
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:11 PM
Zoom Zoom

I think these 20's look good, but 21' is too big, i could on see them on hout's cl and team illimac purple one

Old 03-08-2005 | 03:13 PM
WoodgrainCLS

Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
no, ghetto, will look like a 4x4

19 is the largest you should go on a CL.

A few people have 20's that already look horrible even with a drop.

ghetto??? lol 26's on a caprice is ghetto, i'm sure 21's on a benz isn't ghetto...how bout you take your ghetto crap and shove it up your ass maybe in the south are cars aren't ran on rice. lol don't hate because people have different taste than you... damn ignorant yankee
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:17 PM
WoodgrainCLS

Originally Posted by notcreative
I think these 20's look good, but 21' is too big, i could on see them on hout's cl and team illimac purple one

what are the rims on that white one, so why can't you see 21s on mine?
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:18 PM
WoodgrainCLS

will look like a 4x4

how the hell is it gonna look like a 4x4 it isn't a damn truck.... damn you are really stupid how about you just keep your comments to yourself from now on ok?
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:20 PM
I shave my change purse

Originally Posted by WoodgrainCLS
ghetto??? lol 26's on a caprice is ghetto, i'm sure 21's on a benz isn't ghetto...how bout you take your ghetto crap and shove it up your ass maybe in the south are cars aren't ran on rice. lol don't hate because people have different taste than you... damn ignorant yankee
Hey fuck face i was trying to help you. Where do you come off name calling? You asked for help and I gave you what I thought was helpful.

You are only 19. Figures you want "to roll on dubz like fitty cent y0"

perhaps you should go back and get your GED rather than concerning yourself with 21 inch rims. Your grammar skills are horrible.
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:24 PM
Zoom Zoom

what are the rims on that white one, so why can't you see 21s on mine?
I dont know, its another members, but those are as big as you can go without too big, besides the ride would suck and it cost to much, just go with 19's
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:25 PM
I shave my change purse

will look like a 4x4

how the hell is it gonna look like a 4x4 it isn't a damn truck.... damn you are really stupid how about you just keep your comments to yourself from now on ok?
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:31 PM
My Work is Done Here

will look like a 4x4

you might want to search the forum a little before calling someone stupid on this subject. BTW, he's right, it will look like a 4x4, because you won't be able to lower it with 21x9 wheels without some serious modifications to the body. It's common for CL's even on 19's to look like a damn 4x4 while still on stock suspension. "damn you are really stupid how about you just keep your comments to yourself from now on ok?"
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:35 PM
WoodgrainCLS

Originally Posted by ccannizz11
you might want to search the forum a little before calling someone stupid on this subject. BTW, he's right, it will look like a 4x4, because you won't be able to lower it with 21x9 wheels without some serious modifications to the body. It's common for CL's even on 19's to look like a damn 4x4 while still on stock suspension. "damn you are really stupid how about you just keep your comments to yourself from on ok?"
ok you must be a yankee too...

hmmm.....maybe i don't want a lil rice mobile like you yankees do..... the bigger the better.. this isn't just a fast a furious cl page.... this is an entire CL page opened to anyone who has a cl and can do whatever i want to mine... i'd put it on some 13 inch daytons if i wanted to..... so let me do what i want to my car and i won't tell you what to do to yours... i just asked if they would fit without any problems...
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:37 PM
WoodgrainCLS

maybe if i looked like that it would be funny.... fuckin yankee.... go play in traffic or something... yea and when my 21's make if look like a 4x4 i'll come run your punk ass over
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:39 PM
WoodgrainCLS

Hey fuck face i was trying to help you. Where do you come off name calling? You asked for help and I gave you what I thought was helpful.

You are only 19. Figures you want "to roll on dubz like fitty cent y0"

perhaps you should go back and get your GED rather than concerning yourself with 21 inch rims. Your grammar skills are horrible.

how about this, its a fourm page, not an english lit class and for your information i'm in my 2rd year of college... so blow it out ya ass... oh and it will be rollin on 21's not dubs... have a nice day...
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:41 PM
Team Owner

maybe if i looked like that it would be funny.... fuckin yankee.... go play in traffic or something... yea and when my 21's make if look like a 4x4 i'll come run your punk ass over

Wow you really showed him!

21" would look ridiculous on a CL not to mention 9" wide rims would stick out about .5" beyond the fender.

People tried to answer your questions, you decided to be a retard. Congrats!

Old 03-08-2005 | 03:42 PM
I shave my change purse

Dude in all seriousness you will not last long on this site with that childish attitude. I suggest you tone it down, take a deep breath and start over. You will not make many friends here by calling everyone above the carolinas a yankee. The war is over.
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:43 PM
My Work is Done Here

ok you must be a yankee too...

hmmm.....maybe i don't want a lil rice mobile like you yankees do..... the bigger the better.. this isn't just a fast a furious cl page.... this is an entire CL page opened to anyone who has a cl and can do whatever i want to mine... i'd put it on some 13 inch daytons if i wanted to..... so let me do what i want to my car and i won't tell you what to do to yours... i just asked if they would fit without any problems...

This is not the way for a to get help from people who know.

Let me spell it out for you DA.... 21's won't fit unless you do this....

and I think "ghetto" is the correct term to use in this situation.
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:44 PM
My Work is Done Here

I'm already tired of this bitch

now!
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:47 PM
Suzuka Master

i'd put it on some 13 inch daytons if i wanted to...
Ok, enough talking shit already. Search before you call out other members who have been here longer, and probably have a better understanding of what will fit on the car.

21x9 Will not fit, even on stock suspension. You would need a rediculously high offset (higher than +55) not to mention it would still probably on ever turn and bump your car took.

20s are the biggest fit onto a CL. The 2 show CLs have 20s and maybe a handful other members. You have very limited selection in 20s that fit our car, unless you go completely custom. Plus they will be very heavy and you will need to beef up the braking system, and will lose performance due to their weight.

Stick with 19s. Its the easiest route, will look good, and won't cause you many problems.

Old 03-08-2005 | 03:48 PM
I shave my change purse

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Ok, enough talking shit already. Search before you call out other members who have been here longer, and probably have a better understanding of what will fit on the car.

21x9 Will not fit, even on stock suspension. You would need a rediculously high offset (higher than +55) not to mention it would still probably on ever turn and bump your car took.

20s are the biggest fit onto a CL. The 2 show CLs have 20s and maybe a handful other members. You have very limited selection in 20s that fit our car, unless you go completely custom. Plus they will be very heavy and you will need to beef up the braking system, and will lose performance due to their weight.

Stick with 19s. Its the easiest route, will look good, and won't cause you many problems.

IBT Damn Yankee!
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:48 PM
My Work is Done Here

IBT Damn Yankee!
only yankees know 21's won't fit on our cars
Old 03-08-2005 | 03:53 PM
Suzuka Master

IBT Damn Yankee!
lolz

I found some plates you might want to get woodgrain
Old 03-08-2005 | 05:09 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

WoodGrainCLS, mclarenf3387 is right...

granted you want 21" rims, they just won't fit, even on stock suspension, it'll either be hitting the fender or even worse, your suspension unless of course you find a rare 21" wheel out there with a 60+ offset. if you plan on rolling your fenders/adding fender flares, thas a different story because that costs more than just wheels+tires.

everyone on this forum is entitled to their own opinion. the general consensus for most that want larger wheels is to go with 19s.
Old 03-09-2005 | 05:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Woodgrain: cool it! If you want help we will help. But if you don't like the opinions of others, then you best not ask for help any more. This has nothing to do with geographical location, ethnicity or otherwise, people here are stating facts.
Old 03-09-2005 | 08:22 AM
EVO IX MR

Don't ask for advice if you don't want to hear what other people have to say, and when you put on your 21" s, can't turn anymore and rub everytime you run over an acorn don't say we didn't tell you so. Bama.
Old 03-09-2005 | 10:11 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Old 03-09-2005 | 10:11 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Calm down dude.

What everyone is saying is that to have that set-up work properly you'll have to raise the car a significant amount to clear your body work and suspension. Hence the 4X4 look.

It's not worth it unless you don't mind raising your car up another 8 inches.
Old 03-09-2005 | 10:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Woodgrain isn't banned yet?

21X9 will not fit anyhow. Those are wide. You'd be hitting things all under your wheel wells, & wouldn't be able to turn.
Old 03-09-2005 | 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor

WoodGrain, I can understand your frustration, but makes no sense to name call online, pointless. Anyway, I say DO IT! I would love to see how it would look. Might not be our taste, but if you like it than go for it.
BTW, 9" wide wheel in any diameter won't fit before hitting the suspension or the fender. If you do hit he fender, it'll cause damage over time. ball bearings and suspension components will wear quickly with all that resistance. And if you really want to do it right, go with HRE's, with a 21" x 8" wheel if they have that option and a 50 offsewt or higher. Or you could go 22" and really go crazy!
Old 03-09-2005 | 12:51 PM
Turbo + Sound = Hey-pee

it would be nice if everyone would be chill
Old 03-09-2005 | 01:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
Woodgrain isn't banned yet?

Naaaah, you guys need to leave him alone now too. "Can't we all just get along?"
Old 03-09-2005 | 02:12 PM
ImportJunkie.net [SYTFU]

fender flares, correct offset will fit those 21x9s...
Old 03-09-2005 | 02:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Hey let me know if you go through with it. I got a great set of tires for your 21s. Here's one of them.

Old 03-09-2005 | 02:33 PM
Dipset All Day, Everyday

^-------
Old 03-09-2005 | 02:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Hey let me know if you go through with it. I got a great set of tires for your 21s. Here's one of them.

I really didn't need to see a pic of your cock ring NSX!
Old 03-09-2005 | 09:21 PM
I'm Back One MO' Gin

I understand where woodgrinCLS is coming from,if someone told me my idea for my car was ghetto I'd be pissed tooo,but you can't call names here on this forum because others who think that your idea is ghetto to,will gang up against you causing you to get even more pissed off.Thus,forth causing you to say more comments that will eventaully cause you to be banned.Trust me I've been there and done that Soopa is a great guy who gave me another chance.I to think that the bigger the better but 20's is my limit,21's would look raw as hell but getting the to fit and sit right and ride right would cost wayy to much for me

p.s. Why are some of you guys so quick to bann people just for calling names??

I think the person should be warned by a MOD first,asked to apologize to who ever they dissed,then if thay don't comply then bann them
Old 03-10-2005 | 02:32 PM
Senior Moderator

We have rules about banning people and Woodgrain's comments don't rise to that level in my opinion. I've seen much worse, believe me.
Old 03-21-2005 | 05:00 PM
National Champs GO GATORS

Anything can just about be done now to a vehicle. You would have to do some major fender work at a body shop and re-paint to fit those 21's so they are not hitting the strut of the car. I doubt any company makes a 21 with a higher offset then 38. So do the math, figure how far it comes past the current fender, and bring to the body shop and make it happen. It can be done, how much do you want to spend? Is the question to ask. Everyone has a different opinion on how the CLS should look. I went with 20" chrome, most go with 18 or 19 with the drop and keep it real sleek. To each his own.
Old 03-21-2005 | 05:39 PM
Beware of leakage

Calm down General Lee, a lot of people here are about performance, as to the main idea of the CLS is to apply a little luxury with a very outstanding performing engine along with Honda's known reliability (no one say tranny please ).

So if you understand that for the most part a good majority of the people with CLS's are very much about performance, so even hinting about putting a 21" wheel on a CLS is like trying to ask for directions in the Psych ward of a hospital, people do not understand why someone would waste the performance aspect of the car by putting Heavy ass cinder blocks on it.

Thats the truth of the matter man.
19's look really nice on a CLS, and if you can find some lightweight ones great.

Oh, and CL-ers are far from Ricers. Overall, you will find much more tactfulness here more so than any: Civic, Integra (which I own), Neon, Honda -Tech, SI, Accord forum out there.
A. about the closest a CL can come to Ricer ness is to put a huge ass aluminum wing on the back, which to my knowledge has never been done. You will never hear a CL sound like a pissed off bumble bee, no matter what (direct bolt on) exhaust you choose.

So chill out and have fun
Old 03-21-2005 | 06:26 PM
bp

Originally Posted by Chopper
Calm down General Lee, a lot of people here are about performance, as to the main idea of the CLS is to apply a little luxury with a very outstanding performing engine along with Honda's known reliability (no one say tranny please ).

So if you understand that for the most part a good majority of the people with CLS's are very much about performance, so even hinting about putting a 21" wheel on a CLS is like trying to ask for directions in the Psych ward of a hospital, people do not understand why someone would waste the performance aspect of the car by putting Heavy ass cinder blocks on it.

Thats the truth of the matter man.
19's look really nice on a CLS, and if you can find some lightweight ones great.

Oh, and CL-ers are far from Ricers. Overall, you will find much more tactfulness here more so than any: Civic, Integra (which I own), Neon, Honda -Tech, SI, Accord forum out there.
A. about the closest a CL can come to Ricer ness is to put a huge ass aluminum wing on the back, which to my knowledge has never been done. You will never hear a CL sound like a pissed off bumble bee, no matter what (direct bolt on) exhaust you choose.

So chill out and have fun
exactly what i was gonna say. if you got something against "ricers" go buy an american muscle car or something
Old 03-26-2005 | 02:22 PM
audio sq guru

Don't forget the 35" swampers!