WARNING Often forgotten problem...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 09:48 PM
TellinItLikeItIsSince1/06

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
WARNING Often forgotten problem...

So I just bought a new Euro CD by Chicago's DJ Magix . I went to my car to enjoy the new tunes on my bose sound system (the whole time, I was only sitting in my driveway listening). I had the heated seats on, the heater on, and obviously the CD changer on, and any other electricals that are always on. So anyway, all I did was flick the headlights on and suddenly everything in the car blinked off, then struggled to revive....

...turns out my battery was dead!! At first, I thought I lost my baby due to some huge problem, but when I calmed down, I realized that it would only cost no more than $100 for a new battery. This is just a warning to all of you fellow Acura owners out there. (NOTE: My car is a 2001 and had the original battery.)
Considering that many of you wouldn't "test" your battery in your driveway like I did (LUCKY!!!!), I suggest that you guys see if your battery is running as strong as you think it really is . Thank God it didn't happen away from home!!
Old 04-01-2006, 08:59 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You were running the heated seats, the stereo, AND the HIDs with the car off and you are surprised the battery went? It wouldn't take long for that sort of load to kill a brand new battery. By the way, try not to let your HIDs get exposed to low-voltage situations. They are sensitive.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:44 PM

Thanks for the smart-ass comments lol. No, but i was probably stupid for doing it... But, since you mentioned it, does it matter if the car is off or on in terms of how the battery would be affected by the electronics?
Old 04-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by '01White3.2CL
Thanks for the smart-ass comments lol. No, but i was probably stupid for doing it... But, since you mentioned it, does it matter if the car is off or on in terms of how the battery would be affected by the electronics?
yeah because when the car is running ,the alternator is recharging the battery. but remember the the alternator is made to recharge really well at above 1500rpm form the engine. so when your sitting at a stop light its not charging as good as when your running down the street.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm here in spirit...

It's not good for the ignition system to leave the key in the run position with the engine not running which I am assuming you were doing. My question for you is... Why on earth did you turn your headlights on if you were sitting in the driveway anyway?

I listen to the radio in my car all the time, for hours at a time, when my car is off. Only in the acc. position though and I've never had a problem. Never, not with any car.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:50 PM

Oh one more thing I forgot to ask about: I'm sure you guys noticed, but everytime you open the driver's side door to get in after unlocking it, it beeps twice. I bought a new battery because of the radio incident (above) and now it doesn't do that anymore. I had to reset the memory setting, etc. Would I have to reset the beeping (I want to b/c I thought it was pretty badass...)and if I do, how would I go about that?
Old 04-01-2006, 05:53 PM

It's not good for the ignition system to leave the key in the run position with the engine not running which I am assuming you were doing. My question for you is... Why on earth did you turn your headlights on if you were sitting in the driveway anyway?

I listen to the radio in my car all the time, for hours at a time, when my car is off. Only in the acc. position though and I've never had a problem. Never, not with any car.

ok, I had it on"II" for the radio to engage... I just got the car, I'm younmg, and I was fascinated with my "blue lights" My bro's truck was in front of me and I saw my car as if his tailgate was a mirror...I think its the sexiest thing when you view a car with the lights on at dusk, maybe its just me...
Old 04-01-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm here in spirit...

When listening to the radio in the car, you only need to turn the key one click I think. No lights should be on in the inst. panel and nothing else should work except the radio.

Oh, yeah... It's just you...
Old 04-03-2006, 07:03 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Eh, this was all a case of user error. My TL beeps twice to say that my seat is in my position. It's always done it as long as they are programmed (but they lose programming when you replace or unhook battery).

If you don't want smartass responses, don't post "Warning, your battery might die if you run your radio, headlights, and heated seats with the car off and parked in the driveway." no-shit posts.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
Eh, this was all a case of user error. My TL beeps twice to say that my seat is in my position. It's always done it as long as they are programmed (but they lose programming when you replace or unhook battery).

If you don't want smartass responses, don't post "Warning, your battery might die if you run your radio, headlights, and heated seats with the car off and parked in the driveway." no-shit posts.

Ok now this is getting personal. Everyone in the room raise your hand if you would have came here if I put "my battery." Hey look I don't see any hands. Watch your mouth!! Did you hear, watch it!! We come here to learn things, and I did learn a lot from this post. My HID's are sensative, my alternator..., oh yeah and 03CoupeV6 is an asshole who can't help any ignorant teenagers(yeah I'm 16!)

Again watch yourself. and for this one, I'll leave my name,

Luigi
Old 04-03-2006, 08:05 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok now this is getting personal. Everyone in the room raise your hand if you would have came here if I put "my battery." Hey look I don't see any hands. Watch your mouth!! Did you hear, watch it!! We come here to learn things, and I did learn a lot from this post. My HID's are sensative, my alternator..., oh yeah and 03CoupeV6 is an asshole who can't help any ignorant teenagers(yeah I'm 16!)

Again watch yourself. and for this one, I'll leave my name,

Luigi
The topic of this thread isn't even an "often forgotten problem". This thread should've been titled "if you're a dumbass you'll do what I did..."

If you can't take the heat little boy, get out of the kitchen. No one is getting personal with your worthless ass thread, and no one really cares. It's common knowledge you can't expect a battery to last you very long with all those amenities simultaneously running.

I used listen to my stereo on my driveway for hours tuning my system, altering my crossovers and equalizers; only difference between me and you is that i have an optima dry-cell battery. You might wanna look into that before you try somethin stupid again that costs you another $100.

Check yourself Luigi - 03coupev6 might actually be Dr. Wario out to come and stomp on your punk-ass.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by brianlin87
The topic of this thread isn't even an "often forgotten problem". This thread should've been titled "if you're a dumbass you'll do what I did..."

If you can't take the heat little boy, get out of the kitchen. No one is getting personal with your worthless ass thread, and no one really cares. It's common knowledge you can't expect a battery to last you very long with all those amenities simultaneously running.

I used listen to my stereo on my driveway for hours tuning my system, altering my crossovers and equalizers; only difference between me and you is that i have an optima dry-cell battery. You might wanna look into that before you try somethin stupid again that costs you another $100.

Check yourself Luigi - 03coupev6 might actually be Dr. Wario out to come and stomp on your punk-ass.

LOL Yes, I love it. ok I'm done. unlike other people on this thread, I will accept when I've been beaten... This thread is over, I don't wanna hear anymore smart-ass comments lol. my fun here is over...
Old 04-03-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm here in spirit...

LOL Yes, I love it. ok I'm done. unlike other people on this thread, I will accept when I've been beaten... This thread is over, I don't wanna hear anymore smart-ass comments lol. my fun here is over...
Here's a smartass comment for you... You just got by Brianlin. What do you expect when you come in here telling us about YOUR dumbass mistake. No "often forgotten" problem pal, just a stupid mistake. You have also shown you can't take the heat as Brian said. What do you expect? Enjoy your stay, asshat!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:41 PM

lol again. wow please calm down everyone. okay, take adeep breath. Did you get it in? ok now that your clam I just wanna say that you sound like my little cousins. Let me fill you guys in, people make mistakes. I guess you can put me in the catagory of "attention wnating teen"(although its not true, but you guys act like it)...look I'm only trying to say that you guys feel cheated by a teen for drawing you in here for a "waste of time". Get over it and get outside of your house losers. Who stays at there computer all day ripping on some "loser" teen?? I know lordhelmet does...
Old 04-03-2006, 08:44 PM

03coupev6 and brianlin87 can add themselves to the list
Old 04-03-2006, 08:45 PM
proffesion...axle breaker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All that coming from him with "Erase Hate" under his name...Thats awesome
This such a stupid thread But I love it
Oh and Brian just owned you!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:46 PM

Cangrats on hitting rock bottom!!

Congratulations!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:50 PM
proffesion...axle breaker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol again. wow please calm down everyone. okay, take adeep breath. Did you get it in? ok now that your clam I just wanna say that you sound like my little cousins. Let me fill you guys in, people make mistakes. I guess you can put me in the catagory of "attention wnating teen"(although its not true, but you guys act like it)...look I'm only trying to say that you guys feel cheated by a teen for drawing you in here for a "waste of time". Get over it and get outside of your house losers. Who stays at there computer all day ripping on some "loser" teen?? I know lordhelmet does...
Sorry Sir but not everybody is sitting at home on this site...a Big majority is people at WORK killing some time on the site. Your 16 get out of your house and play kickball with your lil cousin you Fuck..go ahead add me to your list. ill be happy to set you straight
Old 04-03-2006, 08:50 PM

This is pretty funny, I just read this from the beginning. Actually, it is kinda stupid, I agree with Stealth CL. Hey, thanks for giving me some extra pride. again thanks, couldn't have done it w/o 03coupev6, brianlin87, and lord helmet: you guys are just too cool.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth CL
Sorry Sir but not everybody is sitting at home on this site...a Big majority is people at WORK killing some time on the site. Your 16 get out of your house and play kickball with your lil cousin you Fuck..go ahead add me to your list. ill be happy to set you straight

that was only directed to people over 25. Sorry if i offended you...
I forgot about that work thing, how do you even think I got my Cl??
Old 04-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Racer

hey 01 look if you want to get treated with respect no matter what the question i would drop by the SCC message boards, we have a handful of guys that will put everyone on here to shame when it comes to automotive information. we are true car guys, as long as you introduce yourself and play nice we will always help. http://forums.sportcompactcarweb.com...ubbthreads.php
Old 04-03-2006, 09:03 PM

Nice, checking it out right now.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by civicking
i would drop by the SCC message boards, we have a handful of guys that will put everyone on here to shame when it comes to automotive information.

Umm, yeah... Everyone on AZ, huh?
Old 04-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
Umm, yeah... Everyone on AZ, huh?
say what you will we have people knowledgeable in everything from Italian cars, Japanese, German, American and anything in between. people are not stuck on one kinda car.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:11 PM

ok officially a member. It's been fun acura-cl.com. lol, j/k I will always be here for my CL, but I will find myself on SCC too...
Old 04-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Racer

ok officially a member. It's been fun acura-cl.com. lol, j/k I will always be here for my CL, but I will find myself on SCC too...
jsut read the rules, and pop a thread in the general forum introducing yourself, and ask anyquestions if you got any.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm here in spirit...

say what you will we have people knowledgeable in everything from Italian cars, Japanese, German, American and anything in between. people are not stuck on one kinda car.
That's all fine and dandy but you realize this is ACURAzine right? There are a lot of people here that know their stuff too. Ever been to Car Talk?
Old 04-05-2006, 09:35 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

This thread..

01CL, you ran 2 features (heated seats and headlights) that drain battery power very quickly while your car was off in your driveway. Then you came here to make a post about how it is often forgotten that your battery might die IF YOU RUN IT DOWN. Okay, I know I'm not the only one who thought that was a nice way to state the obvious.

And CivicKing, before you start putting down people here on Acurazine, you should look back at some of your posts here. I've yet to see a thread where you were of any help to anyone. If anyone on here actually listened to you, they would believe that winter fuel blends are the root of all evil and cause virtually every problem anyone could ever have with a 2G CL. If the transmission slips, if it misfires, if it grinds, if it won't start - you will be the first to say "it's that winter fuel."

Acurazine is a community that, at least with the more mature members, is pretty close knit - as close as possible on the internet. We're all here to help each other with issues, but we're also here to talk about a common hobby we all have - our Acuras. However, it's also about a common love - cars in general. Everyone is welcome here, whether they own Acuras or not. But all this immature bickering brings down the quality of this site. Threads like this shouldn't get further than "My battery is dead because I ran all my accessories with the car off" and a collective "" from the community. Next time, you'll know. If you don't like Acurazine, don't let the door hit you on your way out. I'm sure the community can survive without smartass 16 year olds.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Racer

This thread..

01CL, you ran 2 features (heated seats and headlights) that drain battery power very quickly while your car was off in your driveway. Then you came here to make a post about how it is often forgotten that your battery might die IF YOU RUN IT DOWN. Okay, I know I'm not the only one who thought that was a nice way to state the obvious.

And CivicKing, before you start putting down people here on Acurazine, you should look back at some of your posts here. I've yet to see a thread where you were of any help to anyone. If anyone on here actually listened to you, they would believe that winter fuel blends are the root of all evil and cause virtually every problem anyone could ever have with a 2G CL. If the transmission slips, if it misfires, if it grinds, if it won't start - you will be the first to say "it's that winter fuel."

Acurazine is a community that, at least with the more mature members, is pretty close knit - as close as possible on the internet. We're all here to help each other with issues, but we're also here to talk about a common hobby we all have - our Acuras. However, it's also about a common love - cars in general. Everyone is welcome here, whether they own Acuras or not. But all this immature bickering brings down the quality of this site. Threads like this shouldn't get further than "My battery is dead because I ran all my accessories with the car off" and a collective "" from the community. Next time, you'll know. If you don't like Acurazine, don't let the door hit you on your way out. I'm sure the community can survive without smartass 16 year olds.

well first things first i have helped people, you might want to go back and look at past threads. next i use this forum for entertainment, some of the things you guys say makes me laugh my ass off. with the winter fuel its usually a misfire problem and rough idle, and you re-read that's the only time i have said that it might be winter fuel. in the past i have had people argue with my on fact like i can fill my trans though the dip stick and i told them you can't because there is a small baffle in the trans and if you do that the differential does not get filled, and that pretty much stopped the argument. the only think i hate about this site is when people think they know more then i do, people that don't even work with cars for a living, bankers, and business men and all that shit. I have two more years and will have my automotive engineering degree, so i can say i am qualified to render my opinion, and even if it might not be right for this one car it does not mean that its wrong because there are a million others cars that have that problem. next i will not leave i need some forum of entertainment, and last why don't you ask 01 what he thinks of scc before you think you all high and mighty.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm here in spirit...

well first things first i have helped people, you might want to go back and look at past threads. next i use this forum for entertainment, some of the things you guys say makes me laugh my ass off. with the winter fuel its usually a misfire problem and rough idle, and you re-read that's the only time i have said that it might be winter fuel. in the past i have had people argue with my on fact like i can fill my trans though the dip stick and i told them you can't because there is a small baffle in the trans and if you do that the differential does not get filled, and that pretty much stopped the argument. the only think i hate about this site is when people think they know more then i do, people that don't even work with cars for a living, bankers, and business men and all that shit. I have two more years and will have my automotive engineering degree, so i can say i am qualified to render my opinion, and even if it might not be right for this one car it does not mean that its wrong because there are a million others cars that have that problem. next i will not leave i need some forum of entertainment, and last why don't you ask 01 what he thinks of scc before you think you all high and mighty.
If it's "entertainment" you're looking for, you shouldn't look in the technical forums for that. Visit Ramblings, Car Talk, D&R, etc.. There, you will find your endless entertanment.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:34 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

This list of credentials means nothing. You are irritated because people THINK they know more than you? I'm sorry, but you're 21, and there are AcuraZine members out the ass that know more about cars than you do. I realize you are only 21, but you still need to grow up.

That being said, I'm done with this thread. It was worthless from the get-go.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm here in spirit...

That being said, I'm done with this thread. It was worthless from the get-go.

<---- :followsO3CoupeV6outthedoorandslamsitshut:
Old 04-05-2006, 08:49 PM

Ok, I agree with everyone here when I say that this was completely pointless. IF you crybabies wanna point fingers, I guess its my fault. (admit it, you gotta be kinda mature, in a way, to admit when you're wrong...I'm the only one here who did it.) Let's grow up people. No this isn't directed to anyone here, but only anyone who reads this... How about we just let this thread be...

Pointless thread about absolutely nothing.....R.I.P.