tire wear issues! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tire wear issues! Please help!

I had got an alignment about 4 months ago on some pretty new tires. I'm riding on 19' axis seven mods with toyos. I have SPC camber kit installed on my car along with comptech springs and koni yellows on the highest perch. I recently looked and the insides of my front tires were completely worn out. The back was completely fine. What's going on? If a camber kit is not necessary, can having one hurt in anyway? I'm debating whether if I should take off the camber kit.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by locc_510
I had got an alignment about 4 months ago on some pretty new tires. I'm riding on 19' axis seven mods with toyos. I have SPC camber kit installed on my car along with comptech springs and koni yellows on the highest perch. I recently looked and the insides of my front tires were completely worn out. The back was completely fine. What's going on? If a camber kit is not necessary, can having one hurt in anyway? I'm debating whether if I should take off the camber kit.
the alignemt was not done right, it still had too much negative camber, what i am thinking is that because the car is low they had to leave some of the negative camber because you would get fender rub if they adjusted them right.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:14 PM
V-tak Yoo

Originally Posted by locc_510
u need to have your car aligned. when you have your car lowered you change camber caster and toe settings. the camber will go negative and it will toe out. adding a camber kit and setting it to 0 is not the best thing cause the toe will still be out.

when i do alignments at work Toe is the last setting because everything else changes toe. Toe will wear tires faster then camber.

i also forgot to add that most shops will not touch aftermarket kits unless they install them theirselves. or you pay more money to have a performance alignment done.