throttle problem??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:52 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
throttle problem??

My '03 CL type S (6 speed) has a quirk that may or may not be related to the throttle problems others have complained about. I'm posting this thread to learn whether we are talking about the same issue.

When the car is cold or warm, there appears to be "hysteresis" between the pedal and the engines response. In other words, if I slowly press the pedal, nothing happens to engine speed. Then a point is reached at which the engines suddenly responds and the car jerks ahead. It is impossible for me to make slow changes in acceleration. The problem is really obvious if I accelerate, let off the pedal, and then try and accelerate again. This pattern is most pronounced in first through fourth gears, but somewhat present in all.

Nobody knows what is going on at my Acura dealer because there are so few of these cars on the road.

Does anybody have a clue? Is this related to the TB?

Rich
Old 10-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Sundance Gold in

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
This one is tuff. It may be related to so many things that is simply hard to put any guess ,starting from gunk buildup inside intake, linkage issues but I'd rather say its unusual breakdown of TPS sensor - thats undetected by ECM and keeps fuel cut down when you open throtle. Did you dealer change anything? TPS sensor is too expensive to do a guess work - it comes assembled with throtle body.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rich Marrocco
My '03 CL type S (6 speed) has a quirk that may or may not be related to the throttle problems others have complained about. I'm posting this thread to learn whether we are talking about the same issue.

When the car is cold or warm, there appears to be "hysteresis" between the pedal and the engines response. In other words, if I slowly press the pedal, nothing happens to engine speed. Then a point is reached at which the engines suddenly responds and the car jerks ahead. It is impossible for me to make slow changes in acceleration. The problem is really obvious if I accelerate, let off the pedal, and then try and accelerate again. This pattern is most pronounced in first through fourth gears, but somewhat present in all.

Nobody knows what is going on at my Acura dealer because there are so few of these cars on the road.

Does anybody have a clue? Is this related to the TB?

Rich
PLEASE TELL ME MORE! I may be having a similar issue.